Used 2012 Lincoln MKX Base SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Lincoln Mkx - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MKX model:

"Learning" to love my Lincoln...
By texanson

2012 Lincoln MKX SUV 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Traded my ML350 Benz for this little jewel in April. Drove it off showroom floor. Loaded. All options. Its my second car. The first few months, I did not like this car. I wouldnt drive it. I couldnt figure out how anything worked and was constantly having to actually pull over, and get out the owners manuals and learn how to turn on this or that option. It was very frustrating. However, in time, and after 6000 miles, I have, indeed fallen in love with this car. I find myself chosing to drive it more and more. IT has a learning curve for sure, but with some patience and teaching the old dog new tricks, its a great, fun car, that turns heads, and a real treat to drive,you will learn to love.

Favorite Features

Being a loaded model, it has many options, all of which are fantastic, and makes the cars price tag a true value, if you compare it to other luxury automobiles with the same options. I love the huge skylight sunroof. I love the stereo system, heated rear seats and cooled front seats, and a heated steering wheel is incredible. The adaptive headlamps are awesome. You get so spoiled. Its a looker, the front grill is from yesteryear, and looks great driving down the highway. Love the parking assist, and rearview screen, and blindspot alerts are very acurate. Remote start is beautiful. And the radio will alert you of your favorite song on another station. Just remember there is a lerning curve.

Suggested Improvements

Minor details. BUT...I miss having a digital readout of my speed. If your cruise control is on, a digital readout will appear for your set speed, but, the Benz had a digitial speedometer option, and I really miss having that fast glance. The dashboard has several settings to chose from, Im not crazy about any one single setting, so Ive chose the miles to empty setting as the main choice. AND..one big disapointment, is I thought the adaptive HID headlamps also included the auto high beam option. It doesnt. My old cadillac had that feature, its fantastic to use. As I said, minor details, but can be disapointing if expected. Do your homework on the options, there are many.

Junky Lincoln MKX
By junk12lincoln

2012 Lincoln MKX SUV 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Do NOT buy! We have had our 2012 Lincoln MKX for about 5 weeks and we hate it! The list of problems is long...transmission is slipping, speaker blown (was like that when we picked it up), paint missing on the hood, MYTOUCH won't work, controls on the right hand side of steering wheel don't work and the vehicle keeps looking for the key. We have tried to get all of these issues fixed and the dealership was no help. Finally took it to another dealership but no help. Don't bother calling Lincoln because they have the worst customer service ever! Plus this vehicle gets terrible gas mileage!!! Do not buy this vehicle!!! We can't wait to get rid of it!!!!!!

Favorite Features

My favorite feature will be the day it is not in my garage!!

Suggested Improvements

My suggested improvement would be not to buy one! The list is way to long!!!

Nice Job Lincoln - good Riddance Benz
By vegasboys

2012 Lincoln MKX SUV 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I traded in a Mercedes Benz ML-320 Disel on this car and could not be happier! The Benz was nothing but trouble and they could not get the transmission to work right after at least 20 visits to the garage. It was the 3rd Mercedes I owned and NO MORE. Lincoln has done a great job with the MKX. It's comfortable, smooth and fits me perfectly! I appreciate a comfortable car that does what it's supose to do. The MKX fits the bill. Not to mention the fact that an oil change doesn't cost 250.00 a whack. I'm very satisfied and so glad to get the Mercedes monkey off my back. The MKX is a perfect fit for someone looking for a smaller car than the Navigator (had that before the Benz)

Favorite Features

Love the side indicator lamps in the mirrors. This is a great safety feature. Lincoln's rearview camera is far superior to MB. It's clearer and more proportional than the MB. The ride of the car is better because the ML-320 has flat drive tires because of the Add Blue tank there is no spare tire thus the ride is awful.

Suggested Improvements

The My sink system need some work. It's cumbersome and can be very aggervating. The MB had voice command as well and it too could make you crazy. This technology isn't quite ready for prime time yet. Its vocabulary isn't extensive enough and tries to offer too many functions and does none of them well. All in all though it beats the Benz! I've driven over 1500 miles and haven't had to take it to the garage because it all works as intended. Can't say that for any one of the 3 Benz's I owned.

American car makers need to take some tips from European Car Makers
By beverlyc1

2012 Lincoln MKX SUV 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Well I am SAD to say that I traded off my older 745I for a 2012 Lincoln MKX. The gas mileage sucks! and if you set the climate control on "auto" then you will get A/C even if its 30 degrees outside unless you turn the temps up past 73! Then if you get too warm and try to turn the temp down...watch out A/C comes on again! Think I am getting about 12 miles per gallon and I bought the fanciest one they had with 102 A package but no AWD! So sorry I bought this car and they may get it back! Have had it for 3 weeks and wish now I had bought another BMW! It might cost me more but WOW what a difference. Been waiting 3 weeks for matt in back of SUV, mine had hole, still not fixed!

Favorite Features

Navigation sucks too! My OLD 2003 BMW had better navigation than this 2012! It doesnt even show you the next street or how far away you are to the next exit. FORD you have a long way to go!! Need to take some tips from the Europeans! Sorry there is very little on it that is my favorite other than 2 things my OLD car didnt have yet. Keyless entry and bluetooth.

Suggested Improvements

Navigation system - Should show each exit as you are traveling in the drivers dashboard without having to enter a trip! Who can look at that small screen and tell what's happening! Climate controls - IF it gets too hot inside the car and the temp is turned down, just stop heating and let the car cool down, dont turn on the A/C system! Voice Commands - The system has a very hard time understanding voice commands even when you speak clearly with clear diction. Maybe its because I speak with a southern drawl...LOL. Gas Mileage - Sucks!! Believe I am getting around 12-14 miles per gallon. And a V-6! My previous was a V-8 and it got 26mpg for a BIG CAR!

Do not buy
By akalucky

2012 Lincoln MKX SUV 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I have just traded in my MKX after owning it for less than a year. The new Lincoln and Ford MyTouch Sync is a disaster. This system was pushed to market far to soon - very disappointed in Ford. The system is buggy and slow. Do not purchase any vehicle with the Ford or Lincoln MyTouch.