2012 Lincoln MKX SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MKX model:
I love it!
By kmart220 on 11/03/13 23:13 PM (PST)

2012 Lincoln MKX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Ok, I bought my 2012 MKX used with 18k miles. I've had it 3 weeks now and I am so very happy! I traded a fully loaded Tahoe (which I dearly loved, but was getting up there in miles) and the transition has been a breeze. I rated the car mostly 5's. To me, everything is awesome and I only gave 4's because of 2 superficial reasons. For interior design, it seems perfect besides the radio volume control and the a/c level control. They are a bit funny to operate. Aesthetically, beautiful, but functionally, not perfect. You are supposed to glide your finger across the panel to find your perfect setting and it doesn't function very well. No big deal, really, since there are 2 other options

Love my Lincoln hate Navigation
By lyn17 on 02/07/13 12:13 PM (PST)

2012 Lincoln MKX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I bought a 2012 Lincoln MKX last year and every time I get in this car, I just love it. Great design, easy to drive. The Lincoln SYNC system isn't bad (although designed by Microsoft) as far as my Iphone and blue tooth is concerned but it truly sucks with the Navigation. Most of the time that stupid woman doesn't understand what I'm saying (Calgary). Because she doesn't understand I want to type it in myself and then the battle begins. I would much prefer to use my iPAD and not Lincolns Sync system - much easier to use. The engineers should drop Microsoft and embrace Apple

"Learning" to love my Lincoln...
By texanson on 11/17/12 21:17 PM (PST)

2012 Lincoln MKX SUV 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Traded my ML350 Benz for this little jewel in April. Drove it off showroom floor. Loaded. All options. Its my second car. The first few months, I did not like this car. I wouldnt drive it. I couldnt figure out how anything worked and was constantly having to actually pull over, and get out the owners manuals and learn how to turn on this or that option. It was very frustrating. However, in time, and after 6000 miles, I have, indeed fallen in love with this car. I find myself chosing to drive it more and more. IT has a learning curve for sure, but with some patience and teaching the old dog new tricks, its a great, fun car, that turns heads, and a real treat to drive,you will learn to love.

What a Rip Off
By mkxripoff on 11/14/12 13:18 PM (PST)

2012 Lincoln MKX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I traded my Lincoln Navigator for the new MKX due to the gas mileage it advertised. 20 city and 29 hwy. I drive hwy miles 90% of the time and never ever once got over 20mpg. I actually did 65mph for over a month to see if it was my driving and it never changed. I hate the car from every aspect. I wish I had never traded in my Navigator since I got an average of 15mpg and it was a much better vehicle. I feel like I was taken advantage of by Ford. Every manufacturer to step up and do what Hyundai is doing and to reimburse owners and correct their estimates. I am stuck with this car for another two mieserable years. Hate it!

Unbeleiveable value
By omoishiroi on 10/13/12 03:47 AM (PDT)

2012 Lincoln MKX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

the MKX is a bit of a sleeper - we test drove MB, Audi, BMW, Volvo before buying. Simply put to get teh same level of equipment in the equivalent import would push the price into the $70k range IF it is even available. For under $5ok the MKX gives you heated front AND rear seats, cooled front seats, Nav, blind spot and cross traffic warning system, adaptive cruise, HUGE sunroof, adaptive HID headlams, rear view camera, remote start, rain sensing wipers, adaptive cruise control, heated and telescopic steering whee and collision controll. Try pricing and Audi, Volvo or BMW with all of those

Solid, Silent, & Stylish
By pilot_guy on 07/16/12 18:38 PM (PDT)

2012 Lincoln MKX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

After 2 months of shopping, we traded in our 8-year old Volvo XC70 for the MKX. It matched our driving style perfectly (suburban errands and roadtrips in Minnesota), and is every bit as solid as our Volvo. Loaded it with every option except the "cargo convenience" package. AWD was a must, as were heated seats. The MKX is only one of the group (Lexus RX350, Acura RDX, Volvo XC60, etc) with the higher ride of an SUV, without the attendant "roll" and bumps. Noticeably quieter than the others. The MYSYNC system works very well, but you MUST have the salesman walk you through the features, and limitations of the voice-activated interface. The two-tone leather interior is sharp. Avg 19 mpg

Junky Lincoln MKX
By junk12lincoln on 03/09/12 16:42 PM (PST)

2012 Lincoln MKX SUV 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Do NOT buy! We have had our 2012 Lincoln MKX for about 5 weeks and we hate it! The list of problems is long...transmission is slipping, speaker blown (was like that when we picked it up), paint missing on the hood, MYTOUCH won't work, controls on the right hand side of steering wheel don't work and the vehicle keeps looking for the key. We have tried to get all of these issues fixed and the dealership was no help. Finally took it to another dealership but no help. Don't bother calling Lincoln because they have the worst customer service ever! Plus this vehicle gets terrible gas mileage!!! Do not buy this vehicle!!! We can't wait to get rid of it!!!!!!

Nice Job Lincoln - good Riddance Benz
By vegasboys on 01/29/12 03:20 AM (PST)

2012 Lincoln MKX SUV 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I traded in a Mercedes Benz ML-320 Disel on this car and could not be happier! The Benz was nothing but trouble and they could not get the transmission to work right after at least 20 visits to the garage. It was the 3rd Mercedes I owned and NO MORE. Lincoln has done a great job with the MKX. It's comfortable, smooth and fits me perfectly! I appreciate a comfortable car that does what it's supose to do. The MKX fits the bill. Not to mention the fact that an oil change doesn't cost 250.00 a whack. I'm very satisfied and so glad to get the Mercedes monkey off my back. The MKX is a perfect fit for someone looking for a smaller car than the Navigator (had that before the Benz)

American car makers need to take some tips from European Car Makers
By beverlyc1 on 12/02/11 15:32 PM (PST)

2012 Lincoln MKX SUV 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Well I am SAD to say that I traded off my older 745I for a 2012 Lincoln MKX. The gas mileage sucks! and if you set the climate control on "auto" then you will get A/C even if its 30 degrees outside unless you turn the temps up past 73! Then if you get too warm and try to turn the temp down...watch out A/C comes on again! Think I am getting about 12 miles per gallon and I bought the fanciest one they had with 102 A package but no AWD! So sorry I bought this car and they may get it back! Have had it for 3 weeks and wish now I had bought another BMW! It might cost me more but WOW what a difference. Been waiting 3 weeks for matt in back of SUV, mine had hole, still not fixed!

Do not buy
By akalucky on 11/15/11 07:40 AM (PST)

2012 Lincoln MKX SUV 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I have just traded in my MKX after owning it for less than a year. The new Lincoln and Ford MyTouch Sync is a disaster. This system was pushed to market far to soon - very disappointed in Ford. The system is buggy and slow. Do not purchase any vehicle with the Ford or Lincoln MyTouch.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Lincoln MKX Suv in WA is:

$125 per month*