Used 2012 Lincoln MKX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Lincoln Mkx - Consumer Reviews

2012 Lincoln MKX

View reviews for a specific MKX model:

Worst bang for the buck
By traci8

2012 Lincoln MKX 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased this vehicle brand new loaded. At 5K miles I had to have the thermostat changed due to vehicle having a short and not starting. At 10K miles the power steering went out and took the vehicle to "Lincoln dealership for repairs and they had to fix the "power steering" over 6 times but would not classify the vehicle as a LEMON as they have experienced Lincoln advisors at the disposal of the service techs. well my car in the shop yet again for the same thing and they had my car for over 2 weeks and I just received a call that I will just have to live with the slight whining noise in the vehicle. Are you kidding me. Lincoln doesn't stand behind their products so please stay away.

I love it!
By kmart220

2012 Lincoln MKX 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Ok, I bought my 2012 MKX used with 18k miles. I've had it 3 weeks now and I am so very happy! I traded a fully loaded Tahoe (which I dearly loved, but was getting up there in miles) and the transition has been a breeze. I rated the car mostly 5's. To me, everything is awesome and I only gave 4's because of 2 superficial reasons. For interior design, it seems perfect besides the radio volume control and the a/c level control. They are a bit funny to operate. Aesthetically, beautiful, but functionally, not perfect. You are supposed to glide your finger across the panel to find your perfect setting and it doesn't function very well. No big deal, really, since there are 2 other options

Favorite Features

The 4 voice control functions work beautifully and I never have to over enunciate to get them to work. I LOVE that I don't have to ever actually touch the key as long as it is in my purse. The navigation is not as good as the older version that is in my husband's 2011n F-150, but it is still reliable. The SUV handles extremely well and really hugs the road. I have the AWD and I have never felt safer when driving through heavy rain with standing water. I could go on and on about the upsides of this car and have not really found many downs. Ford/Lincoln have created a beautiful machine that any person is lucky to be driving. Plus, it is just a SEXY LOOKING CAR! The MKX is perfect!

Suggested Improvements

Offer the same split screen option for nav/audio that was available on the 2011 model Fords. Provide different styling options for the grill. I really like the chrome, but a painted black option would be nice, too. I am considering having mine painted to match the car. Instead of the long, pointy antennae, put a more stealthy, solid one on the roof. Add some "outlet style" plugs like Ford offers in other models. Make them better quality, though. My husband's F-150's plugs are loose and his phone charger (etc) just falls out.

Love my Lincoln hate Navigation
By lyn17

2012 Lincoln MKX 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I bought a 2012 Lincoln MKX last year and every time I get in this car, I just love it. Great design, easy to drive. The Lincoln SYNC system isn't bad (although designed by Microsoft) as far as my Iphone and blue tooth is concerned but it truly sucks with the Navigation. Most of the time that stupid woman doesn't understand what I'm saying (Calgary). Because she doesn't understand I want to type it in myself and then the battle begins. I would much prefer to use my iPAD and not Lincolns Sync system - much easier to use. The engineers should drop Microsoft and embrace Apple

Favorite Features

Leather seats and heated steering wheel - absolutely the best feature.

Suggested Improvements

Coffee holders are awful - try putting a small Tim's tea in one of them, completely disappears. Needs to be designed like the Cadillac.

"Learning" to love my Lincoln...
By texanson

2012 Lincoln MKX 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Traded my ML350 Benz for this little jewel in April. Drove it off showroom floor. Loaded. All options. Its my second car. The first few months, I did not like this car. I wouldnt drive it. I couldnt figure out how anything worked and was constantly having to actually pull over, and get out the owners manuals and learn how to turn on this or that option. It was very frustrating. However, in time, and after 6000 miles, I have, indeed fallen in love with this car. I find myself chosing to drive it more and more. IT has a learning curve for sure, but with some patience and teaching the old dog new tricks, its a great, fun car, that turns heads, and a real treat to drive,you will learn to love.

Favorite Features

Being a loaded model, it has many options, all of which are fantastic, and makes the cars price tag a true value, if you compare it to other luxury automobiles with the same options. I love the huge skylight sunroof. I love the stereo system, heated rear seats and cooled front seats, and a heated steering wheel is incredible. The adaptive headlamps are awesome. You get so spoiled. Its a looker, the front grill is from yesteryear, and looks great driving down the highway. Love the parking assist, and rearview screen, and blindspot alerts are very acurate. Remote start is beautiful. And the radio will alert you of your favorite song on another station. Just remember there is a lerning curve.

Suggested Improvements

Minor details. BUT...I miss having a digital readout of my speed. If your cruise control is on, a digital readout will appear for your set speed, but, the Benz had a digitial speedometer option, and I really miss having that fast glance. The dashboard has several settings to chose from, Im not crazy about any one single setting, so Ive chose the miles to empty setting as the main choice. AND..one big disapointment, is I thought the adaptive HID headlamps also included the auto high beam option. It doesnt. My old cadillac had that feature, its fantastic to use. As I said, minor details, but can be disapointing if expected. Do your homework on the options, there are many.

What a Rip Off
By mkxripoff

2012 Lincoln MKX 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I traded my Lincoln Navigator for the new MKX due to the gas mileage it advertised. 20 city and 29 hwy. I drive hwy miles 90% of the time and never ever once got over 20mpg. I actually did 65mph for over a month to see if it was my driving and it never changed. I hate the car from every aspect. I wish I had never traded in my Navigator since I got an average of 15mpg and it was a much better vehicle. I feel like I was taken advantage of by Ford. Every manufacturer to step up and do what Hyundai is doing and to reimburse owners and correct their estimates. I am stuck with this car for another two mieserable years. Hate it!