You can run but you can't see it
By tcars1 on
2011 Lincoln MKX 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)
The My Lincoln Touch (my ford touch) system is a complete joke. 3 days into the car the system has crashed twice. 6 days into it the system has locked up, audio non-existant. Nav map comes and goes at will. The MFT system simply does not work. I don't care that it is "slow" but loses blue tooth every 5 min. and rebooting while using the nav is ridiculous. Now I am stuck with this piece of Sh*t. Dealers have excuses. Search MFT/MLT (I wish I did) and believe... you will be sorry you bought this car when you get your blank screen and have to pull over, restart the car and wonder if it will work. Starting everyday has brought on some other glitch.
Favorite Features
Comfie, good pickup... but none of this matters when the brains of the system fades in and out. A 40K car should not be doing this. I expect it to work.
Suggested Improvements
Just make the My Lincoln Sync system work.
By tcars1
on 09/19/11 12:25 PM (PDT)

Ooo I forgot to mention my Phone does lose connection within 5-10 min and my FM/HD radio is fuzzier than should be... so from my initial review to now it is much better but not perfect.

By tcars1
on 10/06/11 22:21 PM (PDT)

SCRAP EVERYTHING , the 2.11 blanked out on me again and I took it straight to the dealer... they don't know what to do. It already has the update. Ford can only be apologetic and want me to be patient with my vehicle. How many more trips can I make in the 5 weeks I have had this. I traded it in today. Horrible system, WASTE of MONEY, WASTE of TIME. The My Lincoln Touch sucks and as well as many other parts of the car. Seats uncomfortable, Bluetooth horrible, nav is about 50 feet behind (probably because the system is slow or buggy), fit and finish is not there. I won’t be buying another Ford Lincoln again.

By tcars1
on 09/19/11 12:21 PM (PDT)

Ok, Follow up. I got the 2.11 update and have had it about 1 week now. It is much better and the system is actually faster. The screen has not blanked out nor have I got the sync updating screen. I would have to say it quite nice now and hope it stays this way or the next update is even better. Make sure your MKX is updated. Go to your SyncMyRide and hit Chat and give them your VIN, the person will let you know right away.