Great car with terrible software
By kazolar on
2011 Lincoln MKX 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)
How can Ford release a car without actually driving it. It seems to me that you drive the car you notice that the in dash system plain doesn't work. I've seen tons of ads pimping all the great techy aspects of the Sync system -- they must be using a different system in some test bed, because on real cars its an exercise in futility and frustration. Talking to it is like talking to a developmentally challenged child -- so when it gets something right my wife and I hi-five. Indexing music is like having a root-canal. GPS cuts out loose track of you on an empty road with clear skies and no trees. Too many irritating popups. Not recommended!!!
Favorite Features
Drive, handling, power, BLIS system.
Suggested Improvements
Fix the bugs in SYNC. I swear Microsoft should fire every single engineer who worked on this version of SYNC. I'm a software developer and this would not fly in any firm I've worked in. The sluggish performance, the infinitely long indexing process with NO progress indication of any kind. It could take 1 minute or 1 hour -- NO ONE KNOWS. Oh, and I've had 3 software updates, the CPU replaced, seats, rear sensors all reprogrammed at the dealer. And it's still terrible. Please Microsoft, just stick an android tablet into the dash and be done with it -- what you've built in house is just pure trash. Ford -- enough is enough -- cut ties with MS, PLEASE!!!