Used 2011 Lincoln MKX Consumer Reviews - 27 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Lincoln MKX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MKX model:

Great car with terrible software
By kazolar

2011 Lincoln MKX 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

How can Ford release a car without actually driving it. It seems to me that you drive the car you notice that the in dash system plain doesn't work. I've seen tons of ads pimping all the great techy aspects of the Sync system -- they must be using a different system in some test bed, because on real cars its an exercise in futility and frustration. Talking to it is like talking to a developmentally challenged child -- so when it gets something right my wife and I hi-five. Indexing music is like having a root-canal. GPS cuts out loose track of you on an empty road with clear skies and no trees. Too many irritating popups. Not recommended!!!

Drive, handling, power, BLIS system.

Fix the bugs in SYNC. I swear Microsoft should fire every single engineer who worked on this version of SYNC. I'm a software developer and this would not fly in any firm I've worked in. The sluggish performance, the infinitely long indexing process with NO progress indication of any kind. It could take 1 minute or 1 hour -- NO ONE KNOWS. Oh, and I've had 3 software updates, the CPU replaced, seats, rear sensors all reprogrammed at the dealer. And it's still terrible. Please Microsoft, just stick an android tablet into the dash and be done with it -- what you've built in house is just pure trash. Ford -- enough is enough -- cut ties with MS, PLEASE!!!

2011 MKX Enging Knock
By cybworld

2011 Lincoln MKX 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased TWO 2011 Lincoln MKX's at the same time. Day one I had an enging knock in one of them, and nobody seems to care. I set up a web page for this problem.
[violative content deleted]
This car has a lot of cab noise when traveling down the freeway.
The GPS locks up the radio and features when in GPS mode for more than 30 minutes.
this vehicle is the worst car I ever purchased.

none

most comfortable car i have ever traveled in
By sanford10

2011 Lincoln MKX 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

the car is so quiet it is unbelievable.
i can hear a watch ticking when traveling on the highway at 120 km/h.
i spent 2 hours in a porsche cayenne one time and i felt like i was beaten up by the time i arrived at my destination...the MXK is way more comfortable.

there is plenty of power and it handles very well.
the glass roof is very nice.
i love the thx stereo.
the leather is beautiful and the interior is very well done.
nothing feels cheap on this car.

many people complain about sync/my touch but i have had none of the issues.
it is easy to upgrade by yourself and maybe many of the complaints are on older versions.
both of our bluetooth phones works perfectly.
great machine!

comfort, power, ride/handling, technology features, thx stereo, roof, beautiful interior, high quality *real* leather standard, lots of room. i am amazed how well it recognizes voice commands. if you speak naturally most things are recognized on the first attempt.

only thing i can say at this point is to make free maintenance standard for the full 4 years and not just for 2. this is what i had with my cadillac

My Sync
By fman47

2011 Lincoln MKX 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I would have rated this car a lot better but I am totally disgusted with the "My Sync". In plain terms, it is a piece of crap! I been back to the dealer 3 times and since I have been I still having reliability problems such as

bluetooth drops out by itself - 4 times
Navigation system - SD Failure 3 times
Response of system slow - almost always
voice activated calls; 20 -30 seconds before it dials the phone -15 times
voice activation in consistent in understanding the request.

Simply a great car!!!!
By fordlincoln

2011 Lincoln MKX 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

This is my 3rd consecutive Lincoln - just sold my 06 LS and bought the 11 MKX.
This car is fantastic.
I did compare this with Cadillac SRX and it was really no comparison at all.
The Lincoln simple had more standard features that I wanted.

The new looks and the highly advanced technology really sold me on this vehicle.
IMO, the new front grill and the new taillight design are BIG improvements over the previous MKX.
The MyLincoln Touch sync system is unbelievable.
I am far from a techie, but I do like new technologies and the MyLincoln Touch system is great. If you are not very proficient with new technology you may have a longer learning curve, but it is well worth it. I am still finding new things out and I have had the car for almost 3 weeks. I actually like the the touch screen technology more than the voice recognition. It is very similar to using a smartphone.

Panoramic vista roof Cooled front seats Touchscreen sync system THX audio system Overall design and look of vehicle

More color options More/better wheel options