Used 2011 Lincoln MKX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Lincoln MKX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MKX model:

Definitely put this vehicle on your "to drive list".
By aussiehjk

2011 Lincoln MKX 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

We traded our Lincoln MKS for a new MKX. The build quality of this vehicle is a credit to Ford. Within a week we had to do a 1,800 mile trip from NC to Indiana and back. The MKX performed faultlessly. The 3.7L V6 has more than ample power and cruises effortlessly. Fuel economy average was around 28mpg. This car is very quiet at highway speed and handles exceptionally well. Our MKX is black and turned numerous heads even on the highway. Sirius radio is excellent, seats are very comfortable. Visibility is excellent. if you are in the market for a luxury SUV you would be doing yourself a disservice if you did not consider this vehicle. Every bit as good as a Lexus.

Looks fantastic, very quiet and exceptional build quality. Very good fuel economy. Handles extremely well. Sirius i link.

Take the keypad off the drivers door now that vehicle has keyless entry. Include Auto on/off lights feature. Front parking aid.

My Touch Sucks
By mkoops

2011 Lincoln MKX 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

The car is OK, the lincoln my touch is gonna make you hate it. If you get in the car and drive to the store, the car works great. If you want to do something like listen to the radio, be prepared to get angry. It does things like reboot leaving the volume loud and on an AM station for 2 or 3 minutes while it does it. The navigation is too hard and slow to use. It will take about 5 full minutes to get a restaurant detestation into it. The data base is WAY out of date. My Touch is awful.

The MyTouch completely over shadows any good the car has.

Fix the MyTouch system!

nice vehicle except shoddy build quality
By mcgyver64

2011 Lincoln MKX 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Engine has plenty of power. Comfortable seats, Ride is quiet and comfortable on smooth roads but gets a little harsh on bumpy roads (probably due to the 20" wheels). Rims are not chrome plated aluminum as stated, seems to be some type of wheel cover over alum rim. Overall build quality is substandard. Doors and tailgate do not line up properly. Center A/C vent not installed properly is crooked. Rain sensing wipers occasionally wipe when no water is present. Bluetooth is unreliable with my Blackberry which is on the MYSYNC compatible list. This is my 18th new vehicle and first Ford. Overall I'm disappointed and would probably go back to Cadillac or Mercedes next time

heated / cooled seats, blind spot alarm, quiet cabin, powerful engine, LCD dash display.

Tilt wheel only moves 1-2 inches, needs more travel. Would like to see much better build quality especially on a such a high end vehicle.

You can run but you can't see it
By tcars1

2011 Lincoln MKX 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

The My Lincoln Touch (my ford touch) system is a complete joke. 3 days into the car the system has crashed twice. 6 days into it the system has locked up, audio non-existant. Nav map comes and goes at will. The MFT system simply does not work. I don't care that it is "slow" but loses blue tooth every 5 min. and rebooting while using the nav is ridiculous. Now I am stuck with this piece of Sh*t. Dealers have excuses. Search MFT/MLT (I wish I did) and believe... you will be sorry you bought this car when you get your blank screen and have to pull over, restart the car and wonder if it will work. Starting everyday has brought on some other glitch.

Comfie, good pickup... but none of this matters when the brains of the system fades in and out. A 40K car should not be doing this. I expect it to work.

Just make the My Lincoln Sync system work.

Great car with terrible software
By kazolar

2011 Lincoln MKX 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

How can Ford release a car without actually driving it. It seems to me that you drive the car you notice that the in dash system plain doesn't work. I've seen tons of ads pimping all the great techy aspects of the Sync system -- they must be using a different system in some test bed, because on real cars its an exercise in futility and frustration. Talking to it is like talking to a developmentally challenged child -- so when it gets something right my wife and I hi-five. Indexing music is like having a root-canal. GPS cuts out loose track of you on an empty road with clear skies and no trees. Too many irritating popups. Not recommended!!!

Drive, handling, power, BLIS system.

Fix the bugs in SYNC. I swear Microsoft should fire every single engineer who worked on this version of SYNC. I'm a software developer and this would not fly in any firm I've worked in. The sluggish performance, the infinitely long indexing process with NO progress indication of any kind. It could take 1 minute or 1 hour -- NO ONE KNOWS. Oh, and I've had 3 software updates, the CPU replaced, seats, rear sensors all reprogrammed at the dealer. And it's still terrible. Please Microsoft, just stick an android tablet into the dash and be done with it -- what you've built in house is just pure trash. Ford -- enough is enough -- cut ties with MS, PLEASE!!!