2011 Lincoln MKX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MKX model:
most comfortable car i have ever traveled in
By sanford10 on 07/07/11 12:33 PM (PDT)

2011 Lincoln MKX 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

the car is so quiet it is unbelievable. i can hear a watch ticking when traveling on the highway at 120 km/h. i spent 2 hours in a porsche cayenne one time and i felt like i was beaten up by the time i arrived at my destination...the MXK is way more comfortable. there is plenty of power and it handles very well. the glass roof is very nice. i love the thx stereo. the leather is beautiful and the interior is very well done. nothing feels cheap on this car. many people complain about sync/my touch but i have had none of the issues. it is easy to upgrade by yourself and maybe many of the complaints are on older versions. both of our bluetooth phones works perfectly. great machine!

My Sync
By fman47 on 07/04/11 10:24 AM (PDT)

2011 Lincoln MKX 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I would have rated this car a lot better but I am totally disgusted with the "My Sync". In plain terms, it is a piece of crap! I been back to the dealer 3 times and since I have been I still having reliability problems such as bluetooth drops out by itself - 4 times Navigation system - SD Failure 3 times Response of system slow - almost always voice activated calls; 20 -30 seconds before it dials the phone -15 times voice activation in consistent in understanding the request.

Simply a great car!!!!
By fordlincoln on 06/09/11 07:45 AM (PDT)

2011 Lincoln MKX 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

This is my 3rd consecutive Lincoln - just sold my 06 LS and bought the 11 MKX. This car is fantastic. I did compare this with Cadillac SRX and it was really no comparison at all. The Lincoln simple had more standard features that I wanted. The new looks and the highly advanced technology really sold me on this vehicle. IMO, the new front grill and the new taillight design are BIG improvements over the previous MKX. The MyLincoln Touch sync system is unbelievable. I am far from a techie, but I do like new technologies and the MyLincoln Touch system is great. If you are not very proficient with new technology you may have a longer learning curve, but it is well worth it. I am still finding new things out and I have had the car for almost 3 weeks. I actually like the the touch screen technology more than the voice recognition. It is very similar to using a smartphone.

BlueTooth is Horrible in MKX!!
By egcoffman on 06/01/11 08:09 AM (PDT)

2011 Lincoln MKX 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

For all the bells and whistles in this vehicle, a fully loaded 2011 Lincoln MKX, what literally has brought my wife to tears is the bumpy ride and the awful sound quality of the Bluetooth. The bumpy ride is a product of the uber wheels which are very hard and thin as are all modern high performance tires. The suspension should have been designed to compensate for those stiffer tires to reduce jarring to the driver and passengers. But, the BIG problem is the Bluetooth! The static is unbelievably bad!! Ford has failed to use a Bluetooth system that can operate with their electronics. The static heard by the person you are talking to is literally deafening, especially at highway speeds.

FUN FUN Car!!
By sisper on 04/26/11 12:15 PM (PDT)

2011 Lincoln MKX 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Had the car for 10 days. Drove 350+ miles. Fantastic! impresses everyone from interior to exterior looks and features. powerful torque! Powerful yet sturdy and quiet. Fun to drive in Manual mode. Back camera outrageously fun to use. voice commands makes you feel like playing around with it! Ambient lights make you want to try them all! roof for driver and passengers? awesome! sensors for blind spot cars? amazing. Opening the trunk without taking the keys off packets while caring grocery bags, should be made into LAW! MUST have! steering wheel too good to describe. Test drive to understand. do you want 5 days weather forecast? no problem. sports scores? no problem! The LEATHER SEATS, ohh! etc

Sync Not Ready for Prime Time
By linkstur on 03/10/11 19:46 PM (PST)

2011 Lincoln MKX 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I'll give the car high marks even though there are definitely problems with the touch system. I personally have an issue with my phone not staying linked to the car. It constantly disconnects, then re-connects. 4 to 6 times during a 20 minute ride to work. The computer that's in the car reminds me of an old 386. It works, but works slowly (relatively speaking). It sometimes takes 20 seconds or more before the radio starts playing after start-up. NEVER try to use the touch screen before the system is completely loaded...(about 45 seconds). If you do, it will not work well. But all this can/will be fixed. Most everything else works fine, and there's a LOT of very cool stuff.

My Touch\Sync dosent work
By thrassos on 12/16/10 17:38 PM (PST)

2011 Lincoln MKX 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I got my 2011 MKX AWD Limited edition six weeks ago, the in dash computer kept freezing up, called Lincoln was told that they are aware of the issue but no update available as of yet, finally after six weeks the came out an update, it took the dealer two days to update, picked up vehicle late in the day, in the morning the vehicle was DOA. I came out of a MKX 2008 which never had a problem, loved it. My question is, how can Ford ship a vehicle with a known issue???. The 2011 interior is a lot noisier in then the 2008.

One Awesome Crossover
By gmusser on 12/09/10 12:44 PM (PST)

2011 Lincoln MKX 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I researched this rig a lot and it is exceeding all the good news I found. We got a loaded one including the adaptive cruise - that is a great safety feature. The backup camera is awesome and there are also sensors in the taillights - not on the bumpers - very cool. On the second day, my wife was backing up and the sensors went off because a woman started walking behind her - an injury/law suit saved. The car has many redundancies built in which are extremely valuable. For example, the car can be entered with the fob, the touch handle, the Securicode on the door, or a key that is in the fob. It is keyless, pushbutton start - my wife leaves fob in her pocket. Gas mileage is near EPA.

lincoln rocks!
By linc on 11/27/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Lincoln MKX 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

What can I say.. Great car.I have tested several European SUVs: mercedes glk 350, audi q5,lexus 350 and acura mdx. They all are good cars, but only Lincoln had that balance of everything:driving dynamics, luxury,best electronics in its class that made me buy this vehicle.My Lincoln touch and Sync are best in the business...period. THX2 system with 14 speakers and subwofer is simply amazing. I believe that European and Japanese suvs were ahead a few years back but this Lincoln is clearly leading the pack now

Mytouch gone wrong
By Unhappy on 11/24/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Lincoln MKX 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Ok looks good. Feels good. But I believe I am part of the first recall with locking problem. In addition the technology of the car would be amazing if it did infact work. The phone will not sync with bluetooth. The navigation locks up. The rear camera blacks out in a regular basis and the only fix Lincoln has at this time is temporary. The disconnect the car battery for ten minutes to reset system. I have had the car for about 2 weeks now and the car mytouch system has failed at least 6 times and the temporary fix has lasted 5 day at most. The promise of a fix has been delayed twice now. Customer service at both ford and the dealership is lacking. This has been a issue ford was aware of.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Lincoln MKX in VA is:

$129 per month*