Used 2011 Lincoln MKX SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Lincoln Mkx - Consumer Reviews

2011 Lincoln MKX SUV

View reviews for a specific MKX model:

No open door chime!!! Terrible design.
By bigd32

2011 Lincoln MKX SUV 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Just back to my open rear door into the garage causing $2000 worth of damage because there was no door chime. Only car of ever own that makes no sound when doors open with the key in the ignition. Terrible design.

Favorite Features

Love the look and feel. Drives great!

Suggested Improvements

My sink totally sucked until they updated the software about four times fourth updates pretty good. Touch for human fan control suck.

Run!!!!!
By greeny480

2011 Lincoln MKX SUV 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Bought this vehicle new in 2011 and within 1 1/2 years time I had to take in to have warranty covered items fix on 6 occasions. After 3 attempts to fix a faulty power steering problem with no success, I traded in and went back to Cadillacs.

Favorite Features

None

Suggested Improvements

Copy what Cadillac is doing right.

Excellent Value, Enjoyable Drive
By david2506

2011 Lincoln MKX SUV 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Great ca, enjoyable drive, nice tech stuff, but a glitch with the radio antenna. Turns out Linc. received a series of defective ones for the MKX from 2011 forward. Finally fixed by replacing the defective one with an antenna from Edge-same part numbers but different. I drove a 2013 model during the final replacement. Its antenna was worse.

Favorite Features

Still learning the car, but the tech innovations in some instances work more intuitively than on my 2009 MKS.

Suggested Improvements

An important missing item is auto high beams.

My Touch Sucks Indeed
By mattd42

2011 Lincoln MKX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

The issue I have is with the inability of the touch screen to respond to my touch command. Upon not doing so, I inadvertently applied too much pressure with my one finger and thereby broke the outer plastic. Thinking this would be a routine warranty issue I was shocked to find out from the Dealer that it was not and therfore necessitating me using my comprehensive insurance coverage to the tune of a whopping $1,900.00. As per Gomer Pyle, USMC of the old TV Series, Surprise! Surprise! Surprise!!!

Suggested Improvements

Upgrade and fix the My Touch system!

Definitely put this vehicle on your "to drive list".
By aussiehjk

2011 Lincoln MKX SUV 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

We traded our Lincoln MKS for a new MKX. The build quality of this vehicle is a credit to Ford. Within a week we had to do a 1,800 mile trip from NC to Indiana and back. The MKX performed faultlessly. The 3.7L V6 has more than ample power and cruises effortlessly. Fuel economy average was around 28mpg. This car is very quiet at highway speed and handles exceptionally well. Our MKX is black and turned numerous heads even on the highway. Sirius radio is excellent, seats are very comfortable. Visibility is excellent. if you are in the market for a luxury SUV you would be doing yourself a disservice if you did not consider this vehicle. Every bit as good as a Lexus.

Favorite Features

Looks fantastic, very quiet and exceptional build quality. Very good fuel economy. Handles extremely well. Sirius i link.

Suggested Improvements

Take the keypad off the drivers door now that vehicle has keyless entry. Include Auto on/off lights feature. Front parking aid.