2011 Lincoln MKX SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MKX model:
No open door chime!!! Terrible design.
By bigd32 on 11/13/13 19:41 PM (PST)

2011 Lincoln MKX SUV 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Just back to my open rear door into the garage causing $2000 worth of damage because there was no door chime. Only car of ever own that makes no sound when doors open with the key in the ignition. Terrible design.

Run!!!!!
By greeny480 on 03/07/13 12:54 PM (PST)

2011 Lincoln MKX SUV 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Bought this vehicle new in 2011 and within 1 1/2 years time I had to take in to have warranty covered items fix on 6 occasions. After 3 attempts to fix a faulty power steering problem with no success, I traded in and went back to Cadillacs.

Excellent Value, Enjoyable Drive
By david2506 on 07/26/12 18:43 PM (PDT)

2011 Lincoln MKX SUV 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Great ca, enjoyable drive, nice tech stuff, but a glitch with the radio antenna. Turns out Linc. received a series of defective ones for the MKX from 2011 forward. Finally fixed by replacing the defective one with an antenna from Edge-same part numbers but different. I drove a 2013 model during the final replacement. Its antenna was worse.

My Touch Sucks Indeed
By mattd42 on 02/09/12 18:21 PM (PST)

2011 Lincoln MKX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

The issue I have is with the inability of the touch screen to respond to my touch command. Upon not doing so, I inadvertently applied too much pressure with my one finger and thereby broke the outer plastic. Thinking this would be a routine warranty issue I was shocked to find out from the Dealer that it was not and therfore necessitating me using my comprehensive insurance coverage to the tune of a whopping $1,900.00. As per Gomer Pyle, USMC of the old TV Series, Surprise! Surprise! Surprise!!!

Definitely put this vehicle on your "to drive list".
By aussiehjk on 12/20/11 19:08 PM (PST)

2011 Lincoln MKX SUV 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

We traded our Lincoln MKS for a new MKX. The build quality of this vehicle is a credit to Ford. Within a week we had to do a 1,800 mile trip from NC to Indiana and back. The MKX performed faultlessly. The 3.7L V6 has more than ample power and cruises effortlessly. Fuel economy average was around 28mpg. This car is very quiet at highway speed and handles exceptionally well. Our MKX is black and turned numerous heads even on the highway. Sirius radio is excellent, seats are very comfortable. Visibility is excellent. if you are in the market for a luxury SUV you would be doing yourself a disservice if you did not consider this vehicle. Every bit as good as a Lexus.

My Touch Sucks
By mkoops on 10/26/11 09:37 AM (PDT)

2011 Lincoln MKX SUV 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

The car is OK, the lincoln my touch is gonna make you hate it. If you get in the car and drive to the store, the car works great. If you want to do something like listen to the radio, be prepared to get angry. It does things like reboot leaving the volume loud and on an AM station for 2 or 3 minutes while it does it. The navigation is too hard and slow to use. It will take about 5 full minutes to get a restaurant detestation into it. The data base is WAY out of date. My Touch is awful.

nice vehicle except shoddy build quality
By mcgyver64 on 09/26/11 05:21 AM (PDT)

2011 Lincoln MKX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Engine has plenty of power. Comfortable seats, Ride is quiet and comfortable on smooth roads but gets a little harsh on bumpy roads (probably due to the 20" wheels). Rims are not chrome plated aluminum as stated, seems to be some type of wheel cover over alum rim. Overall build quality is substandard. Doors and tailgate do not line up properly. Center A/C vent not installed properly is crooked. Rain sensing wipers occasionally wipe when no water is present. Bluetooth is unreliable with my Blackberry which is on the MYSYNC compatible list. This is my 18th new vehicle and first Ford. Overall I'm disappointed and would probably go back to Cadillac or Mercedes next time

You can run but you can't see it
By tcars1 on 09/10/11 22:15 PM (PDT)

2011 Lincoln MKX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

The My Lincoln Touch (my ford touch) system is a complete joke. 3 days into the car the system has crashed twice. 6 days into it the system has locked up, audio non-existant. Nav map comes and goes at will. The MFT system simply does not work. I don't care that it is "slow" but loses blue tooth every 5 min. and rebooting while using the nav is ridiculous. Now I am stuck with this piece of Sh*t. Dealers have excuses. Search MFT/MLT (I wish I did) and believe... you will be sorry you bought this car when you get your blank screen and have to pull over, restart the car and wonder if it will work. Starting everyday has brought on some other glitch.

Great car with terrible software
By kazolar on 09/08/11 08:43 AM (PDT)

2011 Lincoln MKX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

How can Ford release a car without actually driving it. It seems to me that you drive the car you notice that the in dash system plain doesn't work. I've seen tons of ads pimping all the great techy aspects of the Sync system -- they must be using a different system in some test bed, because on real cars its an exercise in futility and frustration. Talking to it is like talking to a developmentally challenged child -- so when it gets something right my wife and I hi-five. Indexing music is like having a root-canal. GPS cuts out loose track of you on an empty road with clear skies and no trees. Too many irritating popups. Not recommended!!!

2011 MKX Enging Knock
By cybworld on 08/11/11 05:54 AM (PDT)

2011 Lincoln MKX SUV 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased TWO 2011 Lincoln MKX's at the same time. Day one I had an enging knock in one of them, and nobody seems to care. I set up a web page for this problem. [violative content deleted] This car has a lot of cab noise when traveling down the freeway. The GPS locks up the radio and features when in GPS mode for more than 30 minutes. this vehicle is the worst car I ever purchased.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Lincoln MKX Suv in VA is:

$132 per month*