Used 2011 Lincoln MKX Consumer Reviews - 27 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Lincoln MKX - Consumer Reviews

2011 Lincoln MKX

View reviews for a specific MKX model:

MyLincoln Touch sinks this car
By Christine O'Connor

2011 Lincoln MKX 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

The car is very comfortable, attractive and seems solidly built. Tt drives great and would be a terrific commuter if not for the MyLincoln Touch system. Which is awful! It is enough to make me dislike the entire car and I regret buying it. It's not responsive, the buttons are too small, the screens are busy, and even the physical volume and fan swipe controls often don't respond. It's a worse hazard than using a smartphone while driving, I am amazed that vehicles are allowed to use this design. I have set a rule for myself that I do not use it except for very minimal commands while driving because it's such a distraction from the road. And since I commute 2 hours a day, that's a lot of time to spend with a junky system.

I'm disappointed and embarrassed that I spent a lot of money on this car. I will probably trade it in on something else. This is the first time I've ever contemplated doing that, I've kept all my other cars for over 10 years and enjoyed them. This one was a mistake.

Best car on the road. Only vehicle I will ever own!!!!!!
By 2011lincolnmkx

2011 Lincoln MKX 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I love this car!!! I bought it pre-owned in November 2014 with only 15k on the clock. Let me say that this is the most stunning, elegant vehicle I will ever own. It corners like a freakin' racecar-I never expected that!! Best bang for the buck with interior features (ambient lighting, heated steering wheel, air cond' seats, incredible THX sound, plus really advanced MyTouch system with gas prices, weather, sports scores, etc) are all extremely useful. I have the 20" chrome wheels and LOVE them. STUNNING car. Lots of safety+ power, very refined! Power fold 3rd row. Sure as hell beats that ugly triangular SRX thing from "Cadi(chevy)llac." Will only buy Lincolns from now on. Best car out there!

ALl standard features, cooled seats, heated wheel, THX system, Grille, WHOLE design, 20 inch STUNNING chrome wheels, real wood inside (Unlike that crap from GM), Roomy back row, lots of cargo, panoramic roof!!!!!! Intelligent infotainment system, sports scores, quiet ride, smoothness of the ride, sornering ability.....I love everything!!!!!!!!!

None at all. It is perfect and I cant really think of anything to change off hand. Maybe the center console; it could be a bit bigger.

No open door chime!!! Terrible design.
By bigd32

2011 Lincoln MKX 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Just back to my open rear door into the garage causing $2000 worth of damage because there was no door chime. Only car of ever own that makes no sound when doors open with the key in the ignition.
Terrible design.

Love the look and feel. Drives great!

My sink totally sucked until they updated the software about four times fourth updates pretty good. Touch for human fan control suck.

Run!!!!!
By greeny480

2011 Lincoln MKX 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Bought this vehicle new in 2011 and within 1 1/2 years time I had to take in to have warranty covered items fix on 6 occasions. After 3 attempts to fix a faulty power steering problem with no success, I traded in and went back to Cadillacs.

None

Copy what Cadillac is doing right.

Excellent Value, Enjoyable Drive
By david2506

2011 Lincoln MKX 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Great ca, enjoyable drive, nice tech stuff, but a glitch with the radio antenna. Turns out Linc. received a series of defective ones for the MKX from 2011 forward. Finally fixed by replacing the defective one with an antenna from Edge-same part numbers but different.
I drove a 2013 model during the final replacement. Its antenna was worse.

Still learning the car, but the tech innovations in some instances work more intuitively than on my 2009 MKS.

An important missing item is auto high beams.