Used 2009 Lincoln MKX Consumer Reviews - 9 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Lincoln MKX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MKX model:

Interior Trim
By 5119

2009 Lincoln MKX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The flashing around the vents melted first time we cut the heaters on. The interior door handles have some sort of aluminum foil wrapping that started coming off the second year leaving very sharp edges that will cut you hands. Dealer said these were not covered items. Don't walk but run from this for a nice interior. It is cheap plastic painted to look real. Fails quickly.

Shweeeeettttt Ride!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
By tennisplaya

2009 Lincoln MKX 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I just bought the 2009 MKX with the Navigation, Sync, 20 inch wheels, and THXII sound.
I am absolutely blown away that a 5-year-old car with 101,000 miles can still run like new and look like new.
The ride is quiet and the creature comforts are outstanding.
Heated/cooled seats in the front and heated rear seats as well as the panoramic sunroof and incredible sound system round out the excellent package.
It holds the road well due to its wide stance.
This has gota be one of the nicest used cars I have ever seen and driven.

Panoramic sunroof and sound system!

I really love the car so it's hard to find fault.

Sweet Ride
By Penney

2009 Lincoln MKX 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I gave my husband the MKX for his 50th birthday. He had always wanted a Lincoln and needs AWD to reliably make it to work. He loves this car. It is fun to drive, he likes the height, it is powerful and the computer is great. So far the computer had to be replaced at 15K because the blue tooth failed and the exterior driver side door handle came off in his hand at 17K. Lincoln replaced everything without charge but it was a hassle.

On board computer with GPS, gas prices, weather radar and 5 day outlook, movie times. Seat cooling and heating. Changeable interior lighting colors.

Hardware (especially door handles) should be sturdier-metal vs plastic.

Extremely Satisfied Buyer
By cjoanne

2009 Lincoln MKX 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned 2 SUV 's in the past, and this is the type vehicle I like/need for my work. I researched the MKX along with Lexux, & Enclave, and chose MKX. I'm glad I did, and would do it again in a heartbeat. I love this car! The handling of the car is tops on my list, and it looks great!

Sync; and the stereo, inside wood trim.

gas mileage

Very Pleased With My MKX!
By Tim

2009 Lincoln MKX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This car is very quite and comfortable. We had a Ford Explorer and the front room is comparable to the Explorer. The rear room is better than the Explorer. There are a lot of items the MKX has that are not available on the Ford Edge Limited such cooled seats, softer suspension, real wood interior trim, satellite radio, better seats and thicker carpet, and many other items. We are averaging 18 mpg in stop and go traffic. The car is solid and so far very reliable. It is a top safety pick and anyone in the market for a midsize crossover should drive an MKX before making a purchase.

Vista roof, satellite radio, stylish looks, comfortable ride

Brakes could be better. I beleive Lincoln has improved the brakes in the 2010 model.