2008 Lincoln MKX Consumer Review: Won Over By This One

2008 Lincoln MKX - Consumer Review

Base 4dr SUV (3.5L V6 6-speed Automatic)

Won Over By This One
By Doug Bunnell on

2008 Lincoln MKX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We have never been Ford product fans, but fell in love with the MKX at our local auto show in Nov. This was 5 months after we purchased a 2008 Lexus RX350, which is our 7th Lexus. The Lexus was for my wife and I traded in my convertible after falling in love with the MKX. We both love the MKX. It is much more comfortable on long trips than the RX. My wife took the MKX over and I drive the RX to and from work. We get many positive comments on the MKX. We have the black with the 20" chrome wheels. The Sync is awesome and much, much better than the similar system in the RX. We love the Vista roof and all the goodies. I'm pretty confused when the "critics" call this inferior!

Love Sync (very user friendly), vista roof, seats, build quality, THX sound system, smooth and quiet ride, wood accents

Instrument cluster not attractive. Brakes are "soft" feeling. Need access to all gears, like an "AutoStick". Turn indicators on side mirrors, daytime running lights.