2008 Lincoln MKX Consumer Review: 2nd Lincoln MKX in ten days

2008 Lincoln MKX - Consumer Review

Base 4dr SUV (3.5L V6 AWD 6-speed Automatic)

2nd Lincoln MKX in ten days
By 2ND LINCOLN MKX on

2008 Lincoln MKX 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Aggressive, yet very inviting, approachable appearance of the car. My wife now has a black MKX and I chose the White Chocolate for keeping the car clean looking. I'm a Buick owner (3 Regals) for the quiet and comforting cars they build. My wife wanted the Lincoln MKX. On the drive home, I instantly fell for the new levels of quiet in this Ford product - didn't believe it at first. No creaks, no sounds, and all the way around well functionally constructed design. Whether finding a comfortable seat, accessing the cargo bay or opening up the Vista roof, all are a pleasure.

Quiet interior. Not too big feeling like the Buick Enclave I set my sights on originally. Feels just right for size and what a blast to drive. The MP3 and thumb drive and juke box features are great progress in this home away from home we Americans use our cars for.

Squishy brakes. Feel always like more pressure is needed when applying the brakes. Long to stop. I am a big fan of the Buick Enclave interior, but not the exterior. The reverse is true for the MKX.