Used 2008 Lincoln MKX Consumer Reviews - 64 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Lincoln MKX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MKX model:

Could've had a V8!!!!
By Joy

2008 Lincoln MKX 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought it used. Beautiful vehicle. Took it home decided to give it a a good wax job and to my surprise the rust was eating it up. I took it back to the dealership for help with this. Nothing, it has 54,000 miles on it and they told me to contact Lincoln. No help there either. About a year later, I receive safety recalls, rust corrosion because the 2008 was not sealed properly. So check your gas tank straps and cooling system for excessive corrosion. Took it for inspection, even the covering on my shocks are ate off by rust. The entire frame is extensively rusted. Lincoln said to have it inspected. I did. Yes it's extensive Ms dumbass for buying this vehicle, but no safety issues so nothing will be done. I call bullshit!! This vehicle has been nothing but a money pit. BEWARE!! I will never buy another FORD product.

Top Notch
By dontblink

2008 Lincoln MKX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After several horrible experiences with European vehicles, I decided to buy domestic again. I dig the clean crisp styling, strong stance, & front grill reminiscent of Lincoln's past. The ride is firm yet comfortable, it handles well, & mileage is decent. The sound system is great. The clutter free instrumentation with retro gauges is pleasing.
The cabin is roomy with plenty of cargo space. Quality leather seats are comfortable. Fit & finish is top notch inside & out. It could benefit from a rear view backup camera. The silver painted interior plastic looks like silver painted plastic. I really like the MKX, it is safe, stylish, reliable, & comfortable. It will likely be a favorite of ours.

Refined clean styling (2011 and newer MKX front end is ugly in my opinion) - comfortable quiet interior - quality leather and real wood interior trim - suburb fit and finish - roomy cabin and cargo space make it great for long trips - reliable and safe

rear view backup camera - sport mode suspension/handling - grab handles for front passengers - brushed aluminum vs cheesy silver painted plastic interior plastic pieces - a bit more pep for the adequate 3.5 V6 would be nice; however, I am mostly satisfied with the performance

best suv/crossover I could find
By tx1949

2008 Lincoln MKX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I looked at a lot of SUV and crossovers and I liked the MKX best. The combo of style, performance, and features made it easy to "buy American." I like how it drives; more of a sedan feel rather than a truck- like drive. Cooled seats in Texas set it apart from all the others. I really like the Ipod hookup, satellite radio, nav system, and hands free phone functions. And they are all integrated & work perfectly. I averaged 19 mpg for the 36k miles I had it; and the 6 cyl had plenty of zip. Only negative is that the battery died after 2 years but the quick response I got from the dealer made up for even that one negative. I am spoiled and will not go back to a lesser vehicle.

Cooled seats, nav system, built in garage door opener, hands free phone, satellite radio Ipod hookup and the fact that they are all integrated. Like changing the channels on the steering wheel. Rear door auto opener is nice. 19 mpg not bad for the size a plus to me.

Never did figure out the voice activated Sync system. Recommend the dealer help buyers set it up. Really nitpicking but seats are a little too firm for me.

Glads that I made right decision
By FrankZ

2008 Lincoln MKX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Before I bought the MKX, I was about to buy Nissan Xterra. And then My dad recommend me to buy Lexus RX350 or Lincoln MKX. After I drove both then I bought MKX. Now MKX has 24K mileage, without any trouble, just oil change 3 times. Ah right, there were one problem at 22K, its steering wheel vibrated while pushing brake from 70 MPH to 0 MPH. After went to dealership for tire rotation, then the problem is gone with no charge any penny! Very happy to have MKX!

Vista windows on top, Cold/heat seats

rear camera that is the only one that I really need on my lovely MKX!

Bargain Luxury
By Todd W.

2008 Lincoln MKX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I wanted a vehicle that could tow up to 3500 pounds and not drive like a noisey / bouncy truck. This car is awesome! I've had it over a year now, put 15,600 miles on it, and it has operated flawlessly. To make it perfect, I've added an aftermarket backup camera and additional matching wood trim to the "Plain Jane" painted areas around the radio / center console areas. I love that it can quietly / rapidly accelerate and briskly corner without leaning. Year - end rebates, bonus cash, and generous dealer discounts made it irresistible.

Cooled - heated seats Sync 20 Inch Chrome Wheels Black with Black Leather Smooth as silk ride and shifting.

Improve gas mileage.