Used 2008 Lincoln MKX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Lincoln MKX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MKX model:
Top Notch
By dontblink on 08/06/14 03:01 AM (PDT)

2008 Lincoln MKX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After several horrible experiences with European vehicles, I decided to buy domestic again. I dig the clean crisp styling, strong stance, & front grill reminiscent of Lincoln's past. The ride is firm yet comfortable, it handles well, & mileage is decent. The sound system is great. The clutter free instrumentation with retro gauges is pleasing. The cabin is roomy with plenty of cargo space. Quality leather seats are comfortable. Fit & finish is top notch inside & out. It could benefit from a rear view backup camera. The silver painted interior plastic looks like silver painted plastic. I really like the MKX, it is safe, stylish, reliable, & comfortable. It will likely be a favorite of ours.

best suv/crossover I could find
By tx1949 on 04/30/10 06:59 AM (PDT)

2008 Lincoln MKX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I looked at a lot of SUV and crossovers and I liked the MKX best. The combo of style, performance, and features made it easy to "buy American." I like how it drives; more of a sedan feel rather than a truck- like drive. Cooled seats in Texas set it apart from all the others. I really like the Ipod hookup, satellite radio, nav system, and hands free phone functions. And they are all integrated & work perfectly. I averaged 19 mpg for the 36k miles I had it; and the 6 cyl had plenty of zip. Only negative is that the battery died after 2 years but the quick response I got from the dealer made up for even that one negative. I am spoiled and will not go back to a lesser vehicle.

Glads that I made right decision
By FrankZ on 04/13/10 21:32 PM (PDT)

2008 Lincoln MKX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Before I bought the MKX, I was about to buy Nissan Xterra. And then My dad recommend me to buy Lexus RX350 or Lincoln MKX. After I drove both then I bought MKX. Now MKX has 24K mileage, without any trouble, just oil change 3 times. Ah right, there were one problem at 22K, its steering wheel vibrated while pushing brake from 70 MPH to 0 MPH. After went to dealership for tire rotation, then the problem is gone with no charge any penny! Very happy to have MKX!

Bargain Luxury
By Todd W. on 02/12/10 20:36 PM (PST)

2008 Lincoln MKX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I wanted a vehicle that could tow up to 3500 pounds and not drive like a noisey / bouncy truck. This car is awesome! I've had it over a year now, put 15,600 miles on it, and it has operated flawlessly. To make it perfect, I've added an aftermarket backup camera and additional matching wood trim to the "Plain Jane" painted areas around the radio / center console areas. I love that it can quietly / rapidly accelerate and briskly corner without leaning. Year - end rebates, bonus cash, and generous dealer discounts made it irresistible.

Fun car to own
By Ecoboost on 01/29/10 10:31 AM (PST)

2008 Lincoln MKX 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Terrific car to own and drive. 21,000 miles and getting 17+ around town 24 on the highway. Great in snow and ice and on trips. We take 700 mile trips frequently and always enjoy the ride. Only negative is the hard seat cushions. Handling is good, mileage better than expected and overall performance excellent. Dealer experience is excellent. They went out of their way to satisfy me with the PTU problem and fixed it when other dealers were having difficulty.

Wanted it to be better....
By LHC on 01/11/10 22:30 PM (PST)

2008 Lincoln MKX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

When I first laid eyes on my 2008 White Chocolate "Tri-coat" Limited Edition and was 'in love'! It was everything I wanted and more. I had shopped extensively, and being used to high-end vehicles, was amazed at the array of options that came with the MKX. Exterior/interior were gorgeous! I've had it almost two years now, and still get stares while on the road. We all know what they are, so I'll decline to mention them here, again. However, after only two years, my lovely car must go. It seems to stay in the shop more than in my garage! The service dept seems clueless, too, with this SUV. So, I hate it, but I'm looking to trade. I envy you guys who are not having trouble. Beautiful car!

Love my MKX
By LUVMYMKX on 01/08/10 09:18 AM (PST)

2008 Lincoln MKX 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

First vehicle I have ever purchased new. Amazing in the Snow better than any other SUV's I have owned..Classy, safe, a eye turner..love it love it!!

Over-rated
By Morris Sgro on 12/13/09 18:04 PM (PST)

2008 Lincoln MKX 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

As far as the exterior style goes, nice lines, sharp looking! Here comes the bad news! It has a horrible exhaust noise that sounds like a cow ready to give birth! The ride is smooth if you're on a newly paved road, but at higher speeds, turn up the volume! The MKX needs to be find tuned, there are just too many squeaks and rattles for it to be marked Lincoln! It's a glorified Ford Edge! Too bad! Nice looking!

RV Towed ,DOA
By Texan on 10/05/09 12:05 PM (PDT)

2008 Lincoln MKX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My wife and I really like this SUV. It does the job, comfort, style and MPG. But when towed behind our Motorhome by the book, several times we have arrived at our destination with a dead battery in the MKX. The dealer's' say no problemo, there is nothing wrong with the suv. Just blank looks no solutions.We like the SUV but...

Glad I bought this hot MKX
By Bud Andrews on 10/01/09 14:39 PM (PDT)

2008 Lincoln MKX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is a great car and I truly enjoy driving it. Had a major road trip from mid south up to Niagara Falls and back this past summer. The MKX really shines on road trips, with plenty of power and quiet comfort. (Amazing - no road noise! No sqeaks or rattles!) Its a V6 but it has all the zip of a V8. The satellite radio, sound system, MS Sync, power and USB ports are all terrific. Couldn't do without them now.