Used 2008 Lincoln MKX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Lincoln Mkx - Consumer Reviews

2008 Lincoln MKX

View reviews for a specific MKX model:

Top Notch
By dontblink

2008 Lincoln MKX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After several horrible experiences with European vehicles, I decided to buy domestic again. I dig the clean crisp styling, strong stance, & front grill reminiscent of Lincoln's past. The ride is firm yet comfortable, it handles well, & mileage is decent. The sound system is great. The clutter free instrumentation with retro gauges is pleasing. The cabin is roomy with plenty of cargo space. Quality leather seats are comfortable. Fit & finish is top notch inside & out. It could benefit from a rear view backup camera. The silver painted interior plastic looks like silver painted plastic. I really like the MKX, it is safe, stylish, reliable, & comfortable. It will likely be a favorite of ours.

Favorite Features

Refined clean styling (2011 and newer MKX front end is ugly in my opinion) - comfortable quiet interior - quality leather and real wood interior trim - suburb fit and finish - roomy cabin and cargo space make it great for long trips - reliable and safe

Suggested Improvements

rear view backup camera - sport mode suspension/handling - grab handles for front passengers - brushed aluminum vs cheesy silver painted plastic interior plastic pieces - a bit more pep for the adequate 3.5 V6 would be nice; however, I am mostly satisfied with the performance

best suv/crossover I could find
By tx1949

2008 Lincoln MKX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I looked at a lot of SUV and crossovers and I liked the MKX best. The combo of style, performance, and features made it easy to "buy American." I like how it drives; more of a sedan feel rather than a truck- like drive. Cooled seats in Texas set it apart from all the others. I really like the Ipod hookup, satellite radio, nav system, and hands free phone functions. And they are all integrated & work perfectly. I averaged 19 mpg for the 36k miles I had it; and the 6 cyl had plenty of zip. Only negative is that the battery died after 2 years but the quick response I got from the dealer made up for even that one negative. I am spoiled and will not go back to a lesser vehicle.

Favorite Features

Cooled seats, nav system, built in garage door opener, hands free phone, satellite radio Ipod hookup and the fact that they are all integrated. Like changing the channels on the steering wheel. Rear door auto opener is nice. 19 mpg not bad for the size a plus to me.

Suggested Improvements

Never did figure out the voice activated Sync system. Recommend the dealer help buyers set it up. Really nitpicking but seats are a little too firm for me.

Glads that I made right decision
By FrankZ

2008 Lincoln MKX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Before I bought the MKX, I was about to buy Nissan Xterra. And then My dad recommend me to buy Lexus RX350 or Lincoln MKX. After I drove both then I bought MKX. Now MKX has 24K mileage, without any trouble, just oil change 3 times. Ah right, there were one problem at 22K, its steering wheel vibrated while pushing brake from 70 MPH to 0 MPH. After went to dealership for tire rotation, then the problem is gone with no charge any penny! Very happy to have MKX!

Favorite Features

Vista windows on top, Cold/heat seats

Suggested Improvements

rear camera that is the only one that I really need on my lovely MKX!

Bargain Luxury
By Todd W.

2008 Lincoln MKX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I wanted a vehicle that could tow up to 3500 pounds and not drive like a noisey / bouncy truck. This car is awesome! I've had it over a year now, put 15,600 miles on it, and it has operated flawlessly. To make it perfect, I've added an aftermarket backup camera and additional matching wood trim to the "Plain Jane" painted areas around the radio / center console areas. I love that it can quietly / rapidly accelerate and briskly corner without leaning. Year - end rebates, bonus cash, and generous dealer discounts made it irresistible.

Favorite Features

Cooled - heated seats Sync 20 Inch Chrome Wheels Black with Black Leather Smooth as silk ride and shifting.

Suggested Improvements

Improve gas mileage.

Fun car to own
By Ecoboost

2008 Lincoln MKX 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Terrific car to own and drive. 21,000 miles and getting 17+ around town 24 on the highway. Great in snow and ice and on trips. We take 700 mile trips frequently and always enjoy the ride. Only negative is the hard seat cushions. Handling is good, mileage better than expected and overall performance excellent. Dealer experience is excellent. They went out of their way to satisfy me with the PTU problem and fixed it when other dealers were having difficulty.

Favorite Features

Style, sync, moonroof, interior. Lack of daytime running lights.

Suggested Improvements

Motor and exhaust need better tuning for sound. This does not sound like a $45,000 car. Leather is hard to keep clean due to its rough texture.