Used 2007 Lincoln MKX SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Lincoln Mkx - Consumer Reviews

2007 Lincoln MKX SUV

View reviews for a specific MKX model:

This is the one!
By Lincoln Man

2007 Lincoln MKX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I had a 2006 Mountaineer Premier, and was not in the market. I on a whim drove the MKX and owned one days later. This is the coolest ride ever, fast, smooth, and this thing does everything but brush my teeth. well equipt. All I can say is take one for a ride you will be in heaven on wheels. I am 6'2" guy and have plenty of room, sound system is very nice, and the Nav.

Favorite Features

Navigation, automatic windows with ability to open with remote.

Suggested Improvements

Digital speedo or better speedo w/ 5mph marks

She Made the Choice
By gardnpc

2007 Lincoln MKX SUV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My wife did all the research and selected this over the Mazda CX-9 and Highlander. It's her car! We got the Creme' Brulee with Camel interior and she just loves it. The sticker was just over $39,000 and we did the deal for $35,000 even. We went to dealer equipped with the Edmunds TMV analysis and it saved us quite a bit of haggling. We drove the Edge as well, but the Lincoln suspension and interior quality is a big upgrade. Doesn't feel like the same vehicle. We really like the Vista roof and heated/cooled seats. She thinks it's nearly like a convertible. Reliability has been excellent. We like the fact it burns regular gas. All in all, a very nice package.

Favorite Features

Vista roof, heated/cooled seats, backup sensor, ride, adaptive headlights

Suggested Improvements

SMART key like Toyota. Manual mode for transmission, darker carpet

MKX love it
By Ranko

2007 Lincoln MKX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Wanted this vehicle from the first time that I saw it and had it delivered in May. I commute 180 miles a day and it has been a pleasure to drive. Great mileage for a SUV and I get tons of admiring looks from other drivers and pedestrians.

Favorite Features

The exterior styling and interior layout and the moonroof! A/C seats are a nice touch. The rear heated seats are a bonus for the passengers who get to sit in the very spacious rear seat area.

Suggested Improvements

Some minor fit and finish details and the THX isn't what I thought that it would be

Good Vehicle
By John

2007 Lincoln MKX SUV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I Looked at Infinity and BMW and Lexus. When I tested the Lincoln, It was as good as the rest with more room and it uses regular gas. It suffers from a little road noise on some surfaces but over all it is very quiet and a good ride. I have over 3000 miles and so far so good. No problems. Gas milage has been 23.5 best on the interstate and around 20 average but I'm a little heavey footed. I like the performance and braking. It gets a lot of comments from passers by.

Favorite Features

Vista roof, auto rear door, cooled and heated seats. I love the dash and steering wheel.

Suggested Improvements

A little more sound proofing from road noise. It could be from the tires. I'll see when I change them out.

6,000 miles and zero defects
By CocoaOwner

2007 Lincoln MKX SUV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've driven my MKX 6,000 miles -- about half and half road trips and in-town. In-town handling is just outstanding, comfort is fine (I need to get some window tinting done, though). While I prefer the sofa-style comfort of a Town Car for long trips, I was very pleasantly surprised at how comfortable the MKX turned out to be on a long trip -- I'm 6'2" and hefty and still there was very adequate room and comfort. There has not been one thing wrong with the vehicle -- fit and finish are great. I added correct-color side ding protection strips and a Weathertech cargo mat. Though it's no muscle car, both acceleration and braking exceeded my expectations.

Favorite Features

Love the navigation system, Sirius and THX sound system. Love the memory seats, automatic tailgate and auto-fold rear seats. Love the steering-wheel buttons.

Suggested Improvements

A digital speed readout between the tach and analog speedo, or at least little paint marks for every 5 MPH on the speedo. A "mute" button on the steering wheel -- maybe substituted for the "media" button. But request #1 would be a larger fuel tank. I want to be able to go 400-450 miles on a tank.