2007 Lincoln MKX Consumer Review: 6,000 miles and zero defects

2007 Lincoln MKX - Consumer Review

Base 4dr SUV (3.5L V6 6-speed Automatic)

6,000 miles and zero defects
By CocoaOwner on

2007 Lincoln MKX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've driven my MKX 6,000 miles -- about half and half road trips and in-town. In-town handling is just outstanding, comfort is fine (I need to get some window tinting done, though). While I prefer the sofa-style comfort of a Town Car for long trips, I was very pleasantly surprised at how comfortable the MKX turned out to be on a long trip -- I'm 6'2" and hefty and still there was very adequate room and comfort. There has not been one thing wrong with the vehicle -- fit and finish are great. I added correct-color side ding protection strips and a Weathertech cargo mat. Though it's no muscle car, both acceleration and braking exceeded my expectations.

Love the navigation system, Sirius and THX sound system. Love the memory seats, automatic tailgate and auto-fold rear seats. Love the steering-wheel buttons.

A digital speed readout between the tach and analog speedo, or at least little paint marks for every 5 MPH on the speedo. A "mute" button on the steering wheel -- maybe substituted for the "media" button. But request #1 would be a larger fuel tank. I want to be able to go 400-450 miles on a tank.