Used 2007 Lincoln MKX SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Lincoln Mkx - Consumer Reviews

2007 Lincoln MKX SUV

View reviews for a specific MKX model:

Most Helpful|
Driving Me Crazy
By DC Driver

2007 Lincoln MKX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I love the looks of the truck but it's been in the shop more than any car I've ever had. First, small things - I've had three turn signal lights replaced in less than two years. There's also a very noticable "clunk" in the transmission every now and then. Now the truck is cutting off periodically while I'm idling in traffic. The dealership "reset the computer" and it ran fine for a few weeks but it died on me again this morning in rush hour traffic. Very dangerous! I'm getting rid of it ASAP.

Favorite Features

THX stereo

Suggested Improvements

Improve build quality.

one for the Americans
By former foreign guy

2007 Lincoln MKX SUV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After owning foreign cars, my last 3 purchases have been Ford family vehicles. Test drove the Lexus, and found the MKX to be quieter and offer a better ride. Gas mileage has been acceptable and better than expected. Around 16 in town and 23 on hwy.

Favorite Features

Comfortable seats styling inside and out quite, smooth drive

Suggested Improvements

braking distance should be better base model is "too base" for a vehicle in this class would like the handling to be a bit tighter

Love this car
By hayesh

2007 Lincoln MKX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I don't usually write reviews online but I feel strongly about this car. My 2007 Lincoln MKX has been running now for 100,000 miles and it is still running great.

Favorite Features

My comments on the car: - Very comfortable chairs - Reliable with regular maintenance - Looks great (front grille and the sweeping lights behind) - The backseats are very spacious and comfortable and when they fold, it allows optimal use of the space. Well-designed compared with an Escalade for example. Reliability is just as important to me as the looks and it hasn't failed me yet (knock on wood).

Suggested Improvements

Constructive feedback: - Automate the side-mirrors to close with a flip of a switch. - Some people mentioned the slippery transmission and it did happen rarely. Just take the car to the dealer for a quick transmission tuning and that fixes it. - Give driver's the option of the current radio/steering wheel layout in the new models. - Offer V-8 option :) - I will miss the front grille in the new models.

love it as much as the day I bought it
By bee

2007 Lincoln MKX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I drive a lot, and have had this vehicle for 3.5 years, and honestly love it as much today as the day I bought it. Fun to drive, I get positive comments often, and we've had no mechanical problems whatsoever. I love the large sun roofs too.

Favorite Features

Great handling, love the large sun roofs, and cooled front seats in addition to heated. Also love the auto tail gate.

A big trouble
By LincolnOwner

2007 Lincoln MKX SUV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I owned this for one year and have a problem after problem. I have 8000 miles and already replaced bi- pillars. There is a noise in a driver door and a panoramic roof area. Service trying to repair it and they don't know how. After 3rd time will hope for a lemon law. There is a problem with Ford. They don't know how to build a vehicle and service doesn't know how to repair them. You are on your own. Do yourself a favor, do not buy it. Or you will spend all your time in a service. Very poor quality of interior. I made a mistake when I bought it.

Favorite Features

Power liftgate, cooled seats

Suggested Improvements

Heated seats too hot on a lowest setting. Speed controlled windshield wipers are not really speed controlled. I like how they work on Honda Pilot.