Used 2007 Lincoln MKX SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Lincoln Mkx - Consumer Reviews

2007 Lincoln MKX SUV

View reviews for a specific MKX model:

A Lincoln For Me
By Okie

2007 Lincoln MKX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After visiting too many dealers that wanted to put me in a car I did not want, I finally found one that showed me the right car. I've been a Ford pickup owner for decades, but this time I wanted a little better ride and comfort (with a 6 cyl auto). I did not like the ride in my son in law's X3 and could not believe how tacky most of the GM crossovers were. It came down to the Enclave and the MKX, and the deals on MKXs coming off one- year leases made the financial decision pretty easy. I did not want: vista roof, thx, navigation. Dealer got me what I wanted at the price I had researched. So far, so good at 11,300 miles.

Favorite Features

Air conditioned seats are a godsend in Oklahoma. Comfortable, quieter than the 4 Edges I test drove, decent mpg, power lift gate, power lumbar. Price.

Suggested Improvements

Transmission could be crisper, gauges are just ok, grille is a little cheap. A little more attention to noise level could make this a truly great crossover.

Now it's the transmission!
By Diana

2007 Lincoln MKX SUV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Factory ordered. Passenger door air noise and rattle fixed and defective molding on interior fixed. Air conditioner hose soaked driver floor. 16,000 miles later, rear tailgate stopped opening automatically one day. Transmission slipping now at 17,000 miles. From day one, on an incline and going slow while turning steering box noise but Lincoln found "nothing unusual". MPG hwy. 21.7, city 19

Favorite Features

Great stereo system. Being short I appreciated the electronic seat controls. When it works, loved the auto tailgate.

Suggested Improvements

Better mpg. Softer seats. Transmission issues at 17,000. Very disappointed with that issue.

Great Car/SUV
By Ceysw

2007 Lincoln MKX SUV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have driven this suv since Sept. Very comfortable, handles great. Fun to drive, and worth the money.

Favorite Features

Seating with A/C and the heat. Also the memory for seat postions.

Suggested Improvements

None.

No Problems
By KaySW

2007 Lincoln MKX SUV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Love this crossover. I had a Ford Explorer before this and I liked it also. Great trim and detail, love the seating, very comfortable, the A/C and heating the leather are great.

Favorite Features

Auto adjustable seats.

Suggested Improvements

Gauges

Passed the ultimate safety test!
By Saved our lives!

2007 Lincoln MKX SUV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We had our MKX for 6 days when we were in a terrible rollover accident. A woman ran a stale red light and we hit her going about 30-40 mph. I had a 15 month old and 3 1/2 year old in the back seat. We had a terrible impact and then rolled upside down and spun around. We were all able to escape through a rear door with only minor scratches and bruises. The firemen at the scene said that my MKX saved our lives and for the severity of the accident, the car took an amazing impact and stayed intact. We have even had inquiries from local responders on the scene to confirm what kind of vehicle we were in because they would like to buy the same car for their families. Way to go Lincoln!

Favorite Features

Side curtain airbags, vista roof, peppy acceleration and fun to drive.