2007 Lincoln MKX SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MKX model:
Now it's the transmission!
By Diana on 03/08/08 19:19 PM (PST)

2007 Lincoln MKX SUV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Factory ordered. Passenger door air noise and rattle fixed and defective molding on interior fixed. Air conditioner hose soaked driver floor. 16,000 miles later, rear tailgate stopped opening automatically one day. Transmission slipping now at 17,000 miles. From day one, on an incline and going slow while turning steering box noise but Lincoln found "nothing unusual". MPG hwy. 21.7, city 19

Great Car/SUV
By Ceysw on 02/25/08 15:45 PM (PST)

2007 Lincoln MKX SUV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have driven this suv since Sept. Very comfortable, handles great. Fun to drive, and worth the money.

No Problems
By KaySW on 02/17/08 17:33 PM (PST)

2007 Lincoln MKX SUV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Love this crossover. I had a Ford Explorer before this and I liked it also. Great trim and detail, love the seating, very comfortable, the A/C and heating the leather are great.

Passed the ultimate safety test!
By Saved our lives! on 01/14/08 16:22 PM (PST)

2007 Lincoln MKX SUV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We had our MKX for 6 days when we were in a terrible rollover accident. A woman ran a stale red light and we hit her going about 30-40 mph. I had a 15 month old and 3 1/2 year old in the back seat. We had a terrible impact and then rolled upside down and spun around. We were all able to escape through a rear door with only minor scratches and bruises. The firemen at the scene said that my MKX saved our lives and for the severity of the accident, the car took an amazing impact and stayed intact. We have even had inquiries from local responders on the scene to confirm what kind of vehicle we were in because they would like to buy the same car for their families. Way to go Lincoln!

My first Lincoln
By Anthony A. Heying on 01/14/08 12:29 PM (PST)

2007 Lincoln MKX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have had 29 mpg highway according to the meter in the vehicle. 18.7 around town, not bad for a vehicle its size. I like the stiffer suspension and firm seating. The vehicle has performed well and i'm happy although it is a more expensive Edge. I'd recommend to a potential "crossover" buyer.

Looks Good, Quality not job one!
By m. fry on 12/21/07 15:47 PM (PST)

2007 Lincoln MKX SUV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Basically a Ford Edge all day. Numerous factory paint defects. MPG to date less than 15 MPG. Vista roof noisey and rattles. Fit and finish questionable. Engine has noisey lifter on start-up, which means oil not getting to lifter. Clad chrome wheels look like hub caps. Obviously made a mistake on this one, fortunately it is a lease. Needs a better quality engine, over-all quality and materials needs to be improved. Vehicle is deceptive, looks great but a lot of hidden problems that others may not tell you about.

Lots of small problems
By kg on 12/19/07 07:04 AM (PST)

2007 Lincoln MKX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The car drives well. The headrests are extremely uncomfortable because they are slanted forward force you to lean forward. I have had my MKX back at the dealer about every 2 weeks for minor problems such as inserting screws into a panel in front of the rear passenger side wheel that weren't inserted when I bought the vehicle. My interior drivers side light went out and I took that to the dealer to be fixed. They said that a connector was loose and that they fixed the problem. Now, a couple of weeks later, the interior drivers side light is out again and I have to take it back to the dealer. If I wanted to spend time getting things fixed, I would have bought a project car not a 2007 Lincoln!

Very nice
By Abe on 12/15/07 06:41 AM (PST)

2007 Lincoln MKX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I thoroughly enjoy the vehicle. Performance and mileage are very good considering the type of vehicle. My only real criticism is the level of finish under the seats...too many wires and cables visible. I would recommend an MKX!

Look elsewhere
By T. Ross on 12/13/07 19:00 PM (PST)

2007 Lincoln MKX SUV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is a replacement of a Murano, and a lexus RX before that. I bought it for the clean crisp look and wanted to try a domestic again. Wrong! After only 6500 miles, it has been in the shop four times. The satellite radio/nav went out, transmission has a noticable "clunk" when shifting at slow speeds between 5-8 mph, and a brake sensor went out. The dealer can't find or duplicate the tranny problem but I feel it everyday. I'm getting rid of this car and am looking for a replacement with the Infinity FX or Acura MDX. I'm done with the domestics if this is the best they can do.

Worst Ever
By Worst Ever on 11/20/07 06:20 AM (PST)

2007 Lincoln MKX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

In 4 months of ownership, my MKX has been in the dealers shop almost half that time for a slipping transmission and other problems. I just got it back after 42 days and its the same as when I took it in. Some of the key fob functions still dont work after 3 attempts to fix them. In the short time it was not in the shop I took it on a 1200 mile trip and in addition to the lousy gas mileage, I had to make frequent stops because of the rock hard seats. Do yourself a favor and dont even consider purchasing one of these.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.