2007 Lincoln MKX SUV Consumer Reviews 2

2007 Lincoln MKX SUV - Consumer Reviews

2007 Lincoln MKX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

View reviews for a specific MKX model:
Poor Gas Mileage, Mechanical problems
By Will on 03/28/09 06:56 AM (PDT)

2007 Lincoln MKX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Got the car and the electrical system had to be replaced. Keep getting banging noise when accelerating but they cant find the reason. Fuel filter overloaded already. Gets at best 14 MPG. Very comfortable inside and love the features but would not look at this again

A big trouble
By LincolnOwner on 02/12/09 11:11 AM (PST)

2007 Lincoln MKX SUV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I owned this for one year and have a problem after problem. I have 8000 miles and already replaced bi- pillars. There is a noise in a driver door and a panoramic roof area. Service trying to repair it and they don't know how. After 3rd time will hope for a lemon law. There is a problem with Ford. They don't know how to build a vehicle and service doesn't know how to repair them. You are on your own. Do yourself a favor, do not buy it. Or you will spend all your time in a service. Very poor quality of interior. I made a mistake when I bought it.

love the ride
By bacdoc on 02/07/09 05:57 AM (PST)

2007 Lincoln MKX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We have owned this vehicle 1 yr. with 10000 mi. on it. So far it has been very reliable, excellant in the snow with the stock all seasons. Seats are firm but very supportive. One trip of 2000 mi avg 25 mpg however driving lots of hills where we live is only 14- 15 mpg. Probably the nicest highway car we have owned, smooth, quiet and handles well.

Love it! Love it!
By musiceducator on 01/07/09 19:59 PM (PST)

2007 Lincoln MKX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is my dream car. After a year of looking and researching my husband and I ordered my MKX through our local dealer. It's been roughly a year a 4 months later and I still love my car. The car handles great. It navigates well in snow and on icy roads. The heated seats are great for our midwest winters. I have had strangers come up to me and compliment the vehicle. Their questions are met with rave reviews. I am leasing my vehicle and plan to get a new MKX when my lease is up.

Driving Me Crazy
By DC Driver on 10/17/08 07:28 AM (PDT)

2007 Lincoln MKX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I love the looks of the truck but it's been in the shop more than any car I've ever had. First, small things - I've had three turn signal lights replaced in less than two years. There's also a very noticable "clunk" in the transmission every now and then. Now the truck is cutting off periodically while I'm idling in traffic. The dealership "reset the computer" and it ran fine for a few weeks but it died on me again this morning in rush hour traffic. Very dangerous! I'm getting rid of it ASAP.

They need to get it right
By Fred Flint on 07/16/08 16:02 PM (PDT)

2007 Lincoln MKX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Ford needs to develop vehicles that can compete with off shore product. The MKX is own has had the head lamps replaced - the rear license plate light due to rust - the radio and NAV system replaced - the auto trunk opening motor and struts, a panel that had started to rust after only 19 months of service and roof moldings that wouldn't stay locked. The tires needed to be replaced due to 'cupping' attributed to a balance issue. The dealer provided the warranty service but didn't check alignment so I bought new tires. This is(was) my 10th and last Ford product. Just a heads up to future Ford/Lincoln Edge and MKX buyers - beware !

Great Vehicle!
By rlwillia on 07/07/08 12:29 PM (PDT)

2007 Lincoln MKX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Leased my MKX in March of 2007. After 16,500 miles and three long road trips of 1400 miles round trip and driving back and forth to work every day, this is an outstanding vehicle. No maintenance issues, reasonable gas mileage for an SUV, great features and very comfortable interior, seats, and drive feel.

Wish I had looked closer
By Sorry on 05/14/08 12:41 PM (PDT)

2007 Lincoln MKX SUV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Had a Toyota Sequoia which I wish i had back. When you buy this car make sure you are a short person as your knees will reach the dash board if you are over 5 11. Can't say the gas mileage has been great, but a little better than the Sequoia. Seats are hard.

Buyer Beware
By Buyer Beware on 04/23/08 14:54 PM (PDT)

2007 Lincoln MKX SUV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We were stupid when we traded in our 2005 Toyota Sequoia for this car. We wanted to get better gas mileage which it seems like it is getting about 2 to 3 mpg better. Seats are hard and very uncomfortable. If you are over 5'10" be sure to check out the leg room on both the passenger side as well as the drives side. My wife doesn't like the idea of not having a handle on the passenger side to assist her getting out of the car. I wouldn't buy this car again.

A Lincoln For Me
By Okie on 04/04/08 06:15 AM (PDT)

2007 Lincoln MKX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After visiting too many dealers that wanted to put me in a car I did not want, I finally found one that showed me the right car. I've been a Ford pickup owner for decades, but this time I wanted a little better ride and comfort (with a 6 cyl auto). I did not like the ride in my son in law's X3 and could not believe how tacky most of the GM crossovers were. It came down to the Enclave and the MKX, and the deals on MKXs coming off one- year leases made the financial decision pretty easy. I did not want: vista roof, thx, navigation. Dealer got me what I wanted at the price I had researched. So far, so good at 11,300 miles.