Used 2007 Lincoln MKX SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Lincoln Mkx - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MKX model:

Love this car
By hayesh

2007 Lincoln MKX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I don't usually write reviews online but I feel strongly about this car. My 2007 Lincoln MKX has been running now for 100,000 miles and it is still running great.

Favorite Features

My comments on the car: - Very comfortable chairs - Reliable with regular maintenance - Looks great (front grille and the sweeping lights behind) - The backseats are very spacious and comfortable and when they fold, it allows optimal use of the space. Well-designed compared with an Escalade for example. Reliability is just as important to me as the looks and it hasn't failed me yet (knock on wood).

Suggested Improvements

Constructive feedback: - Automate the side-mirrors to close with a flip of a switch. - Some people mentioned the slippery transmission and it did happen rarely. Just take the car to the dealer for a quick transmission tuning and that fixes it. - Give driver's the option of the current radio/steering wheel layout in the new models. - Offer V-8 option :) - I will miss the front grille in the new models.

Awesome Car!!
By weslowery

2007 Lincoln MKX SUV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

It is so comfortable and nice to ride in and drive. Its not your traditional town car thats for sure but rides just as good and gets looks from everyone. The heated and cooled seats are awesome and the sunroof almost makes it seem like its a convertible because its so big.

Favorite Features

Sunroof,heated/cooled seats,navigation system

Suggested Improvements

MPG could be a little better but its a awesome car for any age group.

love it as much as the day I bought it
By bee

2007 Lincoln MKX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I drive a lot, and have had this vehicle for 3.5 years, and honestly love it as much today as the day I bought it. Fun to drive, I get positive comments often, and we've had no mechanical problems whatsoever. I love the large sun roofs too.

Favorite Features

Great handling, love the large sun roofs, and cooled front seats in addition to heated. Also love the auto tail gate.

Noisy tires
By kate

2007 Lincoln MKX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This was an incredibly quiet car to drive until about five months ago. I started hearing "wawawa" sound from the tires when moving and our trusted tire man rotated and aligned them saying the noise was due to "cupping." There is no uneven tread wear or any tread wear for that matter. Was told if continued, though annoying, was perfectly safe to drive on these Michelins. Not what I had in mind for a luxury car.

Favorite Features

radio, vista window, plenty of space and easy push button fold down back seats

Suggested Improvements

head rest in middle backseat blocks the view from the rear view mirror. Ford should talk to Michelin regarding tire "cupping".

My "New" used Car
By Barbara M Davidson

2007 Lincoln MKX SUV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have had this car a little over 2 months now & I love it. I have always wanted a "luxury Car" and now I have one. I like all of the features that Is has included in it. It is comfortable to drive, quite roomy inside and handles well on the road. I have gotten up to 24 mpg on the open road and 19 - 20 mpg around town, so far.

Favorite Features

The 6 CD radio with Sirius has great sound, I like the controls on the steering wheel as well as the heated seats. The auto tail gate is another good feature. I also like the built in computer system on the dash.

Suggested Improvements

Some times I feel like the breaks need to be adjusted when I am braking. Also I wish that It had a Cargo cover for the back like my Escape had.