2011 Lincoln MKT 3.5L V6 Twin-turbo AWD 6-speed Automatic w/EcoBoost Consumer Review - Excellent Safety Features, Ugly Exterior

2011 Lincoln MKT - Consumer Review

Base Wagon (3.5L V6 Twin-turbo AWD 6-speed Automatic w/EcoBoost)

Excellent Safety Features, Ugly Exterior
By ken430tx on

2011 Lincoln MKT 4dr Wagon AWD w/EcoBoost (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought this car for the safety items, auto braking, adaptive cruise control, navigation system, etc. It is fun to drive and handles beautifully. Exterior styling is lacking and almost stopped me from buying the vehicle. Interior knobs, and panels are cheap plastic, and not typical of a $60K car. Overall performance is good, mileage on road - 23 mpg! Around town about 19. Only consistent problem I have had is intermittent failure of heat to work. They are replacing the actuator this week. I hope that finally fixes it! I have 19,800 miles on this car so far and it is one year old.

Favorite Features

Adaptive cruise control and auto-braking! I also like the navigation system.

Suggested Improvements

Exterior styling needs revamping. Hyundai does a better job! Interior needs to look and feel like a $60K luxury car, not a Ford Focus!
By ken430tx
on 02/18/13 11:03 AM (PST)

After replacing the actuator the heating system has failed again almost one year later! Same symptoms, heater blows ice cold air on passenger side and warm air on drivers side! Back into the dealership tomorrow! I don't hold out much hope! I should have stayed with Infiniti. I had my FX-45 for 5 years with no issues!

By ken430tx
on 01/16/12 14:54 PM (PST)

Ford after much discussion and me elevating the problem to corporate finally replaced the actuator. They will return the vehicle tomorrow after testing it. I am hopeful this is a solution! No heat intermittently for 13 months is troublesome! I have my fingers and toes crossed!