Used 2010 Lincoln MKT Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Lincoln Mkt - Consumer Reviews

2010 Lincoln MKT

View reviews for a specific MKT model:

Most Helpful|
I am loving it
By PattySue

2010 Lincoln MKT 4dr Wagon AWD w/EcoBoost (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I shopped for along time for a car and had never even heard of this car. On the day I went to close the deal on an MKX, I saw an MKT in the lot and thought it looked like a hearse. But when I looked inside it has the luxurious look I was looking for. Once I drove it - it was a done deal. Quiet, comfortable ride, good sounds, nice bells and whistles, and not that much of a departure from my Explorer - but a huge step up to a luxury vehicle that I wanted. I love this car and call it the Patmobile! Like me - it's big, classy, unique and I don't see it going and coming.

Favorite Features

Different, unique even odd appearance - but if you really look it softly yells class and elegance !!!!

Suggested Improvements

Trunk accessibility could be improved and ability to utilize the cargo cover is limited unless someone in the back of the car assists.

Beware
By dick graham

2010 Lincoln MKT 4dr Wagon (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I think we might like the MKT if the dealer can get it started. 300 miles and towed to dealer, will not start. It took 3 days and several phone calls to even get a loaner. Dealer does not return our calls about our new MKT. Paid for 2010 Lincoln MKT, driving 2009 mercury. Beware and ask about the new ignition problems. It may be a great car. Hard to tell when you can't drive it!

Favorite Features

Sync

Suggested Improvements

Ignition

Could Be Better
By SkyKing

2010 Lincoln MKT 4dr Wagon AWD w/EcoBoost (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

The comfort and driving experience of this car is the equal of a Mercedes, Lexus or Infinity. That's saying a lot for a Ford. It drives like a dream. Power and handling are exceptional. The backup camera is outstanding, although it takes about 10-15 seconds for it to come on after startup - not so good. Sound system is likewise exceptional, but it is complex to operate the Sync feature. I get errors when it connects to my iPhone, then it begins playing from my iPhone without my command, thus draining the iPhone battery. The Nav system is likewise needlessly complex, taking a half-dozen slow steps to do what my 2003 Acura could do with one spoken voice command.

Favorite Features

COMFORT! Adaptive Cruise Control Great Ride & Handling Outstanding Engine Blind Side Warning Backup Warning Backup Camera is first rate Cooled Seats

Suggested Improvements

Better quality carpet needed. Nav system too complex to operate. Rear bumper protection and roof rails should be standard. Front Bumper needs more protection Fuel capacity too low, giving poor range between fillups.

Great Car! Best one I have ever driven!
By misa786

2010 Lincoln MKT 4dr Wagon (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

This car is great. I a historical Nissan buyer. But I chose this time around to look at american luxury based on my horrible experience with the Nissan Murano. This car has amazed me so far in terms of its features that come standard and its spectacular drive! It is really the smoothest/most flexible SUV I have driven so far. Looking forward to years of comfort in this car as long as Lincoln stays true to their recent reliability reputation.

Favorite Features

Double pane front windows and windshield. Microsoft Sync McPherson Struts and Independent Suspension.

Suggested Improvements

Better average gas mileage. Over the first 1300 miles, i am average 16.6 mgp per gallon. May be this will change over time so can't say definitively yet.

Lincoln plus MKT EcoBoost = Great Auto
By frpda205

2010 Lincoln MKT 4dr Wagon AWD w/EcoBoost (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

To think this was a Ford Flex. There's no comparison. The Flex and the MKt are built on the same chassis and you would never know it. The ride is Great, the style is great, the features in my car are truly outstanding. I factory ordered this car and the wait was well worth it. Adaptive cruise is a must for all cars, Collision Warning - a must, Sway control with the Factory Class 3 hitch is a must.

Favorite Features

Adaptive cruise is the best thing since ABS. To be cruising along at seventy when someone changes into your lane and the car slows down for you, then accelerates back up to speed. If there is slower traffic it will maintain that speed without input from the driver. Technology Wow! Technology

Suggested Improvements

The MKT should have come with armrest. A pull down section with the 2nd row bench and pull down arms on the bucket seats. Level armrest on both sides of the driver massaging front seats HD radio, if it's in there I haven't found yet, but it's only been a month. Night vision a 4k aftermarket add on