Used 2014 Lincoln MKS Consumer Reviews - 4 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Lincoln MKS - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MKS model:

Pleased with our MKS
By Al williams

2014 Lincoln MKS 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

The car is great. Its a 2014. The sales team at the dealership I purchased my MKS at were great. Had problems scheduling vehicle for a miner cosmetic repair at another Lincoln dealership the car was not purchased at. I experienced poor customer service at Richmond Ford. I had to reschedule at a dealership across town.

I traded my Mercedes C350 Coupe, 4MATIC, for MKS
By Richard Bell

2014 Lincoln MKS 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

The MKS is a fine automobile. There is absolutely no comparison between the Mercedes Benz and the Lincoln MKS. The Lincoln MKS wins hands down. The MKS has real leather, not "leatherette" vinyl on the seats as in all C Class Mercedes Benz. In the MKS, you can actually feel the road, not so in the Mercedes. The Mercedes is quicker 0-60, but the MKS is heads and shoulders above the Mercedes in every other category. To me, the ride comfort is far superior to the Mercedes Benz C Class. The electronics are much more intelligently layed out, and the menu's are logical. The Mercedes navigation "Becker Map Pilot" is the German equivalent of a bad joke. The Lincoln's premium sound system is just as good as the Harmon Kardon in the Mercedes. Trunk room in the MKS is fantastic, and the Mercedes trunk room is horrible. The Lincoln is a few thousand less that the Mercedes, and a much better buy, for the money, the ride, and comfort.

Better than it is given credit for...
By Z Jenkins

2014 Lincoln MKS 4dr Sedan AWD w/EcoBoost (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I have a 2014 MKS 3.7 AWD and it is able vehicle that really isn't given the credit it deserves. I will admit that I use the car for business and it works well with clients as far as comfort, but also as far as not being so fancy that it is offensive. I have read numerous reviews about its similarities to the Ford Taurus and while there are similarities (size, weight, overall platform), the minute you get into the driver's seat you will notice that they do not feel THAT similar after all. In terms of the MKS, it has shown itself to be a surprising comfortable and agreeable vehicle after numerous daily commutes and several 4+ hour long car rides with four good size adults. The ride is smooth and quiet, but I will tell you that over choppy pavement the ride could use some additional dampening. The handling of the vehicle is fine, but there is some body roll, although not a huge amount and you generally walk away with a good feeling about the vehicle. I have been your typical import car snob in the past, but I have to give credit where it is due. The MKS is not likely to convert the sport sedan set or those who must have a 'prestige' brand in the driveway, but if you want a good car that is full of noticeably useful features and will leave you feeling comforted, the MKS is worth a look. If Lincoln continues to build on what they have here they will re-establish themselves firmly. The vehicle is not perfect, but it has been trouble free, with good power and good overall comfort. It could use a little leg room everywhere and some hipper styling, but I am perfectly happy with it and I find myself surprised that I am even driving a vehicle like this before I have even hit 40. I'll probably go back to something sportier the next time around, but I do like this car. If Lincoln is smart, they will keep all of this vehicle's finer qualities and package it in a body to grab people in the 35 and older set.

lin MKS
By reallyoldman

2014 Lincoln MKS 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

hard riding, hard steering. driver seat needs to be able to tilt more down. legs get numb on short trips of 100 miles.
hard riding may be from tires. this type tire tends to ride hard. steering wheel needs to be open at bottom. would be better driving on longer trip