Used 2011 Lincoln MKS Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Lincoln Mks - Consumer Reviews

2011 Lincoln MKS Sedan

View reviews for a specific MKS model:

MKS Ecoboost - American Luxury is Fun again!
By rick_et

2011 Lincoln MKS Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD w/EcoBoost (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Purchased new on Sep 30, 2011. I love this vehicle. It's got plenty of horsepower and will rocket you onto the interstate or around those slow moving vehicles in the left lane. All the while surrounding you in the comfort of heated and cooled, soft leather seats and a surround sound audio system that puts you in the best seat of any venue while cranking out your favorite tunes. Everything sounds good in surround, even the stuff you hate! I like that Lincoln isn't trying to go Euro luxury with this vehicle. It is a big, well mannered, comfortable highway cruiser that stands out from the rest of the vehicles on the road. Be different, buy Lincoln.

Favorite Features

3.5 Ecoboost engine, THX Surround Audio, Sync technology - (and I am not a big Microsoft fan), Navigation, heated and cooled seats, room for 5, interior decor.

Suggested Improvements

The Ecoboost trim package is very nice. To really hit it out of the park, maybe more of a retro groove on the center console for the knobs and some matching metal trim on the console.

Fantastic ride!
By cliff30

2011 Lincoln MKS Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD w/EcoBoost (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Really a sweet ride! My MKS with Ecoboot is an amazing car. It was great in the winter, going uphill on a road with 4 to 7 inches of snow--even with 20 inch wheels and tires! The only other vehicle that didn't get stuck was my neighbor's Tahoe. I was really impressed. There is a ton of room and I really like the leather they use. It feels really soft but has held up well (20,000 miles)

Favorite Features

The Eco-boost twin turbo is definitely my favorite feature. When the turbos kick in, is throws you back in the seat. I "floored" it once going about 20 while pulling away from a stop sign. The tires chirped and I was GONE. I don't know who was more impressed, me or the guy on the motor cycle. I could tell he was impressed b the way his head snapped around to look at me. The twin panel moonroof is really cool too. I like the way the sunshade really covers everything and of course the cooled seats are the greatest. I did not want the radar cruise contral, but one long trip sold me on that a couple weeks ago. The automatic parking feature is really neat, but I've only used it a few times

Suggested Improvements

I can't think of anything I would like to change. The trunk looks small at first, but it has never failed to swallow everything I have tried to stuff in it! I've tried to use the paddle shift system, but the automatic seems to do it much better than I can. I do wish the paddle shift levers were on the transmission shiftier, more like a real manual transmission.

Real Word Review of the 2010 Lincoln MKS
By doc81

2011 Lincoln MKS Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD w/EcoBoost (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought an MKS in December 2010, after three years of exhaustive online comparisons, Edmunds reviews filled with disdain, New England Automobile Shows and test drives. I was looking for 3 basic criteria in a new car: V-8 power, Rear-Leg room for my in-laws, and a Large Trunk which would easily fit my golf clubs. The MKS does all of this in spades!! The leather interior far surpasses the Ford Taurus. Only the BMW 760Li, Audi L8 and 2009 Infinity M45 were comparable...for $20-80K more! Overall, the MKS is a spacious full-sized luxury car, that errs on the side of technology rather than interior detail for less than half the cost of a comparable European luxury sedan.

Favorite Features

The Twin Turbo (Ecoboost) absolutely does 0-60 in around 5 seconds. On the highway, tramp on the pedal, and you are instantly doing 100mph, thanking God that you had two hands on the wheel and weren’t turning at the time! No compromising trunk space for rear seat comfort as you do with the TL, CTS, STS or Genesis! Six (6) foot 50 and 70 year olds enter the back seats comfortably and coo about the heated front and rear leather seats…and my golf clubs and cart fit horizontally, without me having to angle them! Real World MPG 21 mixed, 26 NJTPK, (24.5 with GWB). Not having to spend $20,000-$80,000 more for a little bit more leather or wood!

Suggested Improvements

Heaven help the Europeans and Japanese if Ford ever decides to add a little bit more detail and leather and wood to it’s interior. It won’t take $20,000-80,000 of it!

Best Car I have ever owned.
By bw134

2011 Lincoln MKS Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD w/EcoBoost (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I purchased my 2011 MKS in November 2010. It is the finest car I have ever owned. I have owned two Infiniti Q45s, Chrysler 300-C (which was the worst car I have ever owned) and various other cars. The MKS is very fast, has all the bells and whistles, fun to drive, and also looks fantastic. Ford has done a terrific job with this one. I disagree with the testers who complained about the ride I feel it is very good. The all wheel drive is fantastic in the snow. During the snow storms of December 2010 I never got stuck while other cars were abandoned.

Favorite Features

Rear camera, Microsoft Sync, moving headlights, park assist, sound system, navigation system, and leather interior.

Suggested Improvements

Better snow protection for the radar system. Heavy snow tends to block them.

I just love my MKS
By Skip

2011 Lincoln MKS Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I have been a long time client to FOMOCO - starting with my 88 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe. I traded in my 2008 MKZ for a 2011 MKS and cannot be happier. This car is HOT and loads of fun to drive. I am so happy I decided to upgrade!

Favorite Features

SYNC, Remote Starter, THX Stereo, Sirius, Voice Activation

Suggested Improvements

None