2010 Lincoln MKS Consumer Review: New (gently used rather) MKS f

2010 Lincoln MKS - Consumer Review

EcoBoost Sedan (3.5L V6 Twin-turbo AWD 6-speed Automatic)

New (gently used rather) MKS for Me
By turbo_nut on

2010 Lincoln MKS 4dr Sedan AWD w/EcoBoost (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Brought home my MKS a couple of weeks ago, and so far have only good things to say. The car looks great, and is a pleasure to drive. From the excellent power of the twin turbo v-6 to the well appointed interior, it's just about everything I was looking for in a luxury sedan. I purchased the Tuxedo Black version, and once I had the windows tinted out, it made the car look complete. Overall, I'm very happy with this purchase. Just a note, if you're looking for a 'sport' luxury sedan, this isn't the car for you. If you're after a well appointed cruiser that rides like a dream, then I would suggest checking out the MKS

I have to give props to the excellent THXII stereo system. Well beyond what I expected from a Ford based vehicle (with typically lack laster stereos in the past). The 3.5 Ecoboost is also a spectacular engine for this car, given that it is making it's way into so many different Ford platforms. It's very quiet and refined, and has torque everywhere. It manages decent fuel economy as well despite the heavy car it's attached to. Compared to a Taurus (which really isn't a fair comparo, but since they're on the same platform I can't resist) I prefer the lines of the Lincoln over the Taurus. Nice clean panels, and the exhaust exits where it should on both sides of the rear.

Although the MKS is a great car, it still has some areas it could improve on. The door mounted armrests are too low and far forward to be comfortable (safety related improvement I'm guessing). The car doesn't have the sharpest handling, and tends to push through corners somewhat. The car torque-steers pretty bad when you lean on it to get out in traffic from a stop (which is a testament to the torque the engine is making). The brake pedal doesn't seem linear in motion vs. application power. There's a fine line between all or nothing with the brakes. Last, but not least, the head rests on the front seats are intrusive.