Used 2010 Lincoln MKS Sedan Consumer Reviews - 23 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Lincoln MKS Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2010 Lincoln MKS Sedan

View reviews for a specific MKS model:

Luxury and great road car for reasonable price
By Great Scotsman

2010 Lincoln MKS Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD w/EcoBoost (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Able to negotiate a great deal on a high mileage 3 year old luxury car with all the options and have enjoyed every moment driving it since. Began with 70,000 miles and have not had a single mechanical, functional or accessory problem. The twenty inch wheels were a problem when finding winter snow treads - so I bought eighteen inch wheels and new snow/ice tires for winter driving. Car did great in a difficult winter. Engine [V6 ecoboast] has plenty of power when needed, otherwise delivers high mpg [22-27] on road trips. I unqualifiedly recommend searching for this model coming off lease with many miles of future driving pleasure. I bought the 3 year 36,000 miles premium warranty and should have saved my money. Not a single claim or need for it, after 17,000 miles of rigorous country driving.

Beautiful Car but get the warranty!
By JDILLA

2010 Lincoln MKS Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD w/EcoBoost (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

The cars styling is beautiful and it still turns heads and gets compliments. I have a 2010 for the last 3 years with all the bells and whistles you can get. It had around 50K when i got it. For the price and what you get its very nice. I love all the space and the Ecoboost has plenty of getup and go. I don't use the auto park feature very much but it works well.
Now for the bad. The leather in this car has got to be the worst. I don't put a lot of miles on this car as I slug to work and travel often I would have hoped it would hold up better. I've had infiniti's that wore much better. The gears on the tilting and telescoping steering wheel stripped so I had to get that fixed at about 55k miles. I've had to take it back to the dealer for a transmission leak twice. First at 68K they said the seals where bad and replaced them. Then again at 78K they said the PTU needed to be replaced. After snow and freezing rain I got in the car and water was pouring in from the lights above the rear view mirror. They said that the drain was clogged causing water back up and enter through these sunroof. The water leak was not covered and i had to pay 580 bucks to get it fixed. I'm also not a fan of the way water drains through the doors. There are holes covered by a rubber flap under the door. Sometime they get clogged causing water to build up in the door after a rain storm. You can hear it sloshing around when you drive. You have to open the door and pull the rubber flap to allow the water to drain. Ford says this is how the designed it but having sitting water in a door I'm sure will lead to rust later. Also I've had to get the key fob replaced once as it just stopped working. I'm glad I got the 5 year 100k miles gold warranty on the used car. $100 deductible and they give you a loaner car. I'd suggest you make sure you have the warranty if you buy this car used. I'm going to get rid of this car as soon as the warranty runs out. Too bad because I actually like it a lot. The quality is just lacking.

Best Car ever owned
By Ralph Coffman

2010 Lincoln MKS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Does everything for you. Ageless style. Dealer service excellent to Lincoln customers. Makes you feel special wether in parking lot or on road!

EXCELLENT value
By jaybird777

2010 Lincoln MKS Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD w/EcoBoost (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I recently bought a used, 2010 MKS Ecoboost. most of the reviews I have read have not been very flattering. However, in my opinion, the reviews are very short-sighted. First, it is extremely roomy. It is also extremely powerful, and very fast. Best of all, the fuel mileage so far is incredible! In fact, if there is another large, luxury sedan with this kind of performance, that also delivers fuel mileage near 30 MPG on the highway, I've not found it. Best of all, the values on used, low mileage MKS' cannot be beat. This is an excellent value for someone looking for a very nice, high performance, efficient, luxury sedan.

Adaptive cruise; Park assist; cooled seats; illuminated kick plate; ecoboost engine.

My only complaint so far is that the seats don't seem to be very comfortable for me. I still need to adjust further to see if I can improve the comfort, but so far I have found the seats less than comfortable. They are great when you first sit in them. But, after an hour of driving, they no longer feel comfortable. This is NOT the case on my 2011 Explorer, or my 2008 F350- both of which are exceptionally comfortable.

New (gently used rather) MKS for Me
By turbo_nut

2010 Lincoln MKS Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD w/EcoBoost (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Brought home my MKS a couple of weeks ago, and so far have only good things to say.
The car looks great, and is a pleasure to drive.
From the excellent power of the twin turbo v-6 to the well appointed interior, it's just about everything I was looking for in a luxury sedan.
I purchased the Tuxedo Black version, and once I had the windows tinted out, it made the car look complete.
Overall, I'm very happy with this purchase.
Just a note, if you're looking for a 'sport' luxury sedan, this isn't the car for you.
If you're after a well appointed cruiser that rides like a dream, then I would suggest checking out the MKS

I have to give props to the excellent THXII stereo system. Well beyond what I expected from a Ford based vehicle (with typically lack laster stereos in the past). The 3.5 Ecoboost is also a spectacular engine for this car, given that it is making it's way into so many different Ford platforms. It's very quiet and refined, and has torque everywhere. It manages decent fuel economy as well despite the heavy car it's attached to. Compared to a Taurus (which really isn't a fair comparo, but since they're on the same platform I can't resist) I prefer the lines of the Lincoln over the Taurus. Nice clean panels, and the exhaust exits where it should on both sides of the rear.

Although the MKS is a great car, it still has some areas it could improve on. The door mounted armrests are too low and far forward to be comfortable (safety related improvement I'm guessing). The car doesn't have the sharpest handling, and tends to push through corners somewhat. The car torque-steers pretty bad when you lean on it to get out in traffic from a stop (which is a testament to the torque the engine is making). The brake pedal doesn't seem linear in motion vs. application power. There's a fine line between all or nothing with the brakes. Last, but not least, the head rests on the front seats are intrusive.