Used 2010 Lincoln MKS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Lincoln Mks - Consumer Reviews

2010 Lincoln MKS

View reviews for a specific MKS model:

EXCELLENT value
By jaybird777

2010 Lincoln MKS 4dr Sedan AWD w/EcoBoost (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I recently bought a used, 2010 MKS Ecoboost. most of the reviews I have read have not been very flattering. However, in my opinion, the reviews are very short-sighted. First, it is extremely roomy. It is also extremely powerful, and very fast. Best of all, the fuel mileage so far is incredible! In fact, if there is another large, luxury sedan with this kind of performance, that also delivers fuel mileage near 30 MPG on the highway, I've not found it. Best of all, the values on used, low mileage MKS' cannot be beat. This is an excellent value for someone looking for a very nice, high performance, efficient, luxury sedan.

Favorite Features

Adaptive cruise; Park assist; cooled seats; illuminated kick plate; ecoboost engine.

Suggested Improvements

My only complaint so far is that the seats don't seem to be very comfortable for me. I still need to adjust further to see if I can improve the comfort, but so far I have found the seats less than comfortable. They are great when you first sit in them. But, after an hour of driving, they no longer feel comfortable. This is NOT the case on my 2011 Explorer, or my 2008 F350- both of which are exceptionally comfortable.

New (gently used rather) MKS for Me
By turbo_nut

2010 Lincoln MKS 4dr Sedan AWD w/EcoBoost (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Brought home my MKS a couple of weeks ago, and so far have only good things to say. The car looks great, and is a pleasure to drive. From the excellent power of the twin turbo v-6 to the well appointed interior, it's just about everything I was looking for in a luxury sedan. I purchased the Tuxedo Black version, and once I had the windows tinted out, it made the car look complete. Overall, I'm very happy with this purchase. Just a note, if you're looking for a 'sport' luxury sedan, this isn't the car for you. If you're after a well appointed cruiser that rides like a dream, then I would suggest checking out the MKS

Favorite Features

I have to give props to the excellent THXII stereo system. Well beyond what I expected from a Ford based vehicle (with typically lack laster stereos in the past). The 3.5 Ecoboost is also a spectacular engine for this car, given that it is making it's way into so many different Ford platforms. It's very quiet and refined, and has torque everywhere. It manages decent fuel economy as well despite the heavy car it's attached to. Compared to a Taurus (which really isn't a fair comparo, but since they're on the same platform I can't resist) I prefer the lines of the Lincoln over the Taurus. Nice clean panels, and the exhaust exits where it should on both sides of the rear.

Suggested Improvements

Although the MKS is a great car, it still has some areas it could improve on. The door mounted armrests are too low and far forward to be comfortable (safety related improvement I'm guessing). The car doesn't have the sharpest handling, and tends to push through corners somewhat. The car torque-steers pretty bad when you lean on it to get out in traffic from a stop (which is a testament to the torque the engine is making). The brake pedal doesn't seem linear in motion vs. application power. There's a fine line between all or nothing with the brakes. Last, but not least, the head rests on the front seats are intrusive.

MKS rocks but Quality is Not Job 1
By MKS Fan

2010 Lincoln MKS 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

This is a vehicle every consumer in the luxury class market ought to experience! My MKS is a pleasure to drive. My two complaints have been with one electrical issue after another - on both my new MKS and my folks' as well - and the "superior" leather that wears through extremely quickly :( FOMOCO has so much to offer. Yet, if it wants to OWN the industry again, it needs to look to Honda's QC. Quality is way subpar for the price demanded by the manufacturer.

Favorite Features

air cooled front seats, SYNC, blindspot augmentated side mirrors

Suggested Improvements

QUALITY CONTROL in manufacturing - esp. in leather and electrics!

Love My New MKS
By MKSistheBEST

2010 Lincoln MKS 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I shopped long and hard; compared Lincoln MKS to MB 350E and Infiniti M37. 350E doesn't have half the bells and whistles and cost at least $6k more. The Infiniti M's are very impressive with lots of style and bells and whistles--but at $8k more. You absolutely cannot beat the MKS for the money. It has every comfort creature I could ask for. It's got size over the 350E and the Infiniti M. It has a luxury ride while remaining sporty. You've got to give this car a serious look before buying. It can't be beat. Oh yeah, and regular gas and no maintenance $ to worry about for 3 years!

Favorite Features

Sync: it really is everything they claim it to be. Cooled/heated seats in front, heated seats in rear.

Suggested Improvements

Add the massaging driver's seat like the Ford Taurus has.

My new MKS
By Chippy

2010 Lincoln MKS 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Trading in a 2000 Mercedes S430 with 109,000 miles and needing new suspension, we almost bought a LaCrosse and then a Genesis. Figured I would save some cash and went to look at the new Taurus, yet was steered to the Lincoln MKS first. I had never researched this or even seen one. Knowing I needed to trade my ailing S430, I wanted to do something that day. Even though I was still smitten with the Genesis, it came with no cooling front seats-a must for Arizona summers. The more I drilled down on the MKS, the more it appealed. This while not even hearing about Ecoboost which I never saw and feel is overrated/priced. This 2010 MKS is very very nice and a welcome addition post Mercedes !