Used 2009 Lincoln MKS Sedan Consumer Reviews - 74 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Lincoln MKS Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MKS model:

Only need was radio upgrade for me
By Marlon W

2009 Lincoln MKS Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

My car doesn't have the touch screen radio! Great car!!

Much potential. Disappointing craftsmanship.
By James Idol

2009 Lincoln MKS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my 2009 MKS as a 3 year old Certified Preowned Vehicle. I was seduced by the technology, power, and handling. Ride is okay, but you feel the bumpy roads compared to my previous Town Cars. I was in the shop very often at the beginning. Fortunately, I had an extended warranty, but it was most inconvenient. I had to go in 3 times to fix 2 lumbar supports. Two of the door locks fell into the door. They never properly fixed the front seat back so it is not flush to this day. I had to take the car in 12 times to finally fix the AC. The air would blow erratically rather than with a steady stream.
Strangely I love this car when it is in proper working order.

Great Car - No Reliability Issues - Fast
By pharaohfitz

2009 Lincoln MKS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I don't understand the other reviews concerning reliability or performance. I bought the 09 Lincoln MKS for my wife then she opted for the 2014 MKZ so I inherited the MKS. Very quick acceleration, I use engine and oil treatments. 84K miles with no issues or any maintenance needed other than scheduled service. I have photos of 30 mpg while driving @70 mph - so mileage is great, usually 26-28 but 30.5 is most I have observed highway but 17-19 stop and go. Handles like it is on rails while driving through the mountains at @70+. While not a sports car (79 RX7, 64 Stingray), it is a fast great handling car. Driven at -35 up to 105, snow no problem

Heated and cooled seats Sound System Speed Performance

Brakes (too much fade)

A beautiful piece of junk
By flaflamingo

2009 Lincoln MKS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

This was the most beautiful car I have ever owed.
However, after being in the shop just first year over 10 times, the problems just got worse.
The first week I owned it, put the moon roof and it peeled the headliner back from the roof.
Then the driver's seat broke, 3 of the 4 locking mechanisms were replaced (this continued after replacing), AC would not be consistently cold, lumbar blew out in passenger side (also in driver's side 50 miles out of warranty), garage door opener never worked, door numbers worked hit and miss, swipe of numbers wouldn't work.
This went on up until the time I traded it.
They would not declare a lemon; Lincoln refused to work with me

Beautiful, stylish car that I enjoyed driving. Gorgeous color (dark ink) that they never made again.

Recognize the issues and recall (the locks were a service bulletin so they refused to replace all 4) to fix. Don't treat the customer like a problem and not offer to help. I begged for another MKS to swap and they refused. I think they knew it was a poorly made car. First and last Lincoln

Sweet ride for long drives
By irish35

2009 Lincoln MKS Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Have had the car for about two years, and it has been a pleasure to drive. I drive long distances on the highway and no car would compared to MKS. AWD (and 19+ tires) gives you excellent traction on the road and in the snow. Comfortable seats, nice features, smooth handling, plenty of power. This car is not built for racing, correct. But it would not disappoint, and indeed makes you proud, when you punch it to pass foreign competitors up the hill.
Not 100% pleased with the interior design. Major issue for us (coffee drinkers) is that you cannot fit two coffee cups in this car; it has got space for 1-and-a-half!