2009 Lincoln MKS - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MKS model:
A beautiful piece of junk
By flaflamingo on 06/15/14 17:13 PM (PDT)

2009 Lincoln MKS 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

This was the most beautiful car I have ever owed. However, after being in the shop just first year over 10 times, the problems just got worse. The first week I owned it, put the moon roof and it peeled the headliner back from the roof. Then the driver's seat broke, 3 of the 4 locking mechanisms were replaced (this continued after replacing), AC would not be consistently cold, lumbar blew out in passenger side (also in driver's side 50 miles out of warranty), garage door opener never worked, door numbers worked hit and miss, swipe of numbers wouldn't work. This went on up until the time I traded it. They would not declare a lemon; Lincoln refused to work with me

Sweet ride for long drives
By irish35 on 06/15/14 09:39 AM (PDT)

2009 Lincoln MKS 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Have had the car for about two years, and it has been a pleasure to drive. I drive long distances on the highway and no car would compared to MKS. AWD (and 19+ tires) gives you excellent traction on the road and in the snow. Comfortable seats, nice features, smooth handling, plenty of power. This car is not built for racing, correct. But it would not disappoint, and indeed makes you proud, when you punch it to pass foreign competitors up the hill. Not 100% pleased with the interior design. Major issue for us (coffee drinkers) is that you cannot fit two coffee cups in this car; it has got space for 1-and-a-half!

Can't score everything just yet...
By brookse1 on 02/26/14 02:32 AM (PST)

2009 Lincoln MKS 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Wonderful car. Like driving your living room, with more toys. Lots of room, decent power, good looks. Brakes grab. Corners are wobbly but, *what did you expect*? Better tires would help. Uploading CDs and pics is finicky - hello Microsoft! Overall, as long as the reliability holds up, I love it.

Little more thought would go a long way
By daveh923 on 11/21/13 09:24 AM (PST)

2009 Lincoln MKS 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned this car for a few months now and have to say it was an adventure with good and bad sides. First off it takes a masters degree to learn to drive. The car is not simple and will surprise you with the abilities it has. For instance, you can set cruise control at 75mph and in traffic it will drive itself stopping and going. Technology wise it is brilliant. You can get traffic/weather on demand with the touch of a button. The power is unbelievable, but the downfall is that sport mode will jerk you around like a teenager learning manual. All in all, I'm happy with my purchase and will probably buy another one in the future. Lincoln really did a wonderful job.

2009 MKS - A bad mistake
By tgeorge1241 on 02/17/13 05:50 AM (PST)

2009 Lincoln MKS 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this car, loaded, used in the summer of 2012. Since it only had 17,000 miles on it I really thought it would be a good car I could drive for several more years. I sold it 7 months later. As far as I'm concerned Lincoln(Ford) builds nothing but junk. The acceleration was terrible; pokey and jerky. I'd be at a stop light with no one near me for miles and the side assist warning system would starting beeping. Two months in and part of the driver's seat fell apart and a piece of the grill fell out. Gas mileage was terrible and in the rain the MKS drove skidded all over. I'll never buy a Lincoln or Ford again.

ELECTRICAL PROBLEMS, ETC.
By revanitra on 05/27/11 12:18 PM (PDT)

2009 Lincoln MKS 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

The 2009 Lincoln MKS was my first and only desired car that year. Initially when I leased it everything appeared to be fine. About 1 mo. after lease, door locks began to malfunction opening by themselves without depression of the button on the key fob, next the rear doors began to collect water sounding as though a swimming pool was behind you. The water slished and sloshed back and forth. This was really scary! Next the Sync system has a problem. You can hear all phone conversations like a loud speaker outside of the car!!! Not a Mercedes/BMW!!

You take the good, you take the bad...
By sully77 on 12/30/10 12:49 PM (PST)

2009 Lincoln MKS 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased my 2009 MKS approximately one month ago. Thus far I've had mixed reviews on it, but overall I'm happy with it. I took it to the Appalachian Mtns of Virginia where I encountered 6" of snow. The front-wheel drive handled it without any issue's or problems.

Love it!
By Rob on 08/05/10 20:28 PM (PDT)

2009 Lincoln MKS 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

After 40 years of driving nothing but Caddys I got an MKS because Caddy was no longer leasing. Love the ride, handling, sound system. Sync is SO easy to use. Gas mileage could be better. Biggest complaint is front seat bottoms could be at least 1 1/2 inches or longer. Not enough thigh support. Controls easy to read & reach. Love the steering wheel controls including being able to make phone calls. Outside mirrors a good size too. Like rear view camera, audible warnings on front & rear bumpers. Wish vanity mirrors had lights on each side instead of the top.

Jury still out on this one!
By TK on 07/06/10 16:59 PM (PDT)

2009 Lincoln MKS 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

With 8000 miles this one so far has had brake problems and acceleration issues that the dealership cannot seem to fix properly. Pretty scary when you need the power and it's not there for you and when you need to stop quickly and get a crunching noise!

Not Worth The Money
By Joe on 05/20/10 18:36 PM (PDT)

2009 Lincoln MKS 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Repeated problems with the seats; it's been in the shop for 2 weeks this month with 3 different trips. The dealer fails to see the problems with the car just because the computer isn't showing codes. I guess codes are better than people in determining problems. Yeah right. If my car was on fire and it didn't spit out codes there must not be a problem, right. I wish I could get my money back. I'm wondering if I can get the vehicle returned under the lemon law even if the dealer won't recognize the problems.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Lincoln MKS in VA is:

$137 per month*