Used 2009 Lincoln MKS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Lincoln Mks - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MKS model:

Great Car - No Reliability Issues - Fast
By pharaohfitz

2009 Lincoln MKS 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I don't understand the other reviews concerning reliability or performance. I bought the 09 Lincoln MKS for my wife then she opted for the 2014 MKZ so I inherited the MKS. Very quick acceleration, I use engine and oil treatments. 84K miles with no issues or any maintenance needed other than scheduled service. I have photos of 30 mpg while driving @70 mph - so mileage is great, usually 26-28 but 30.5 is most I have observed highway but 17-19 stop and go. Handles like it is on rails while driving through the mountains at @70+. While not a sports car (79 RX7, 64 Stingray), it is a fast great handling car. Driven at -35 up to 105, snow no problem

Favorite Features

Heated and cooled seats Sound System Speed Performance

Suggested Improvements

Brakes (too much fade)

A beautiful piece of junk
By flaflamingo

2009 Lincoln MKS 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

This was the most beautiful car I have ever owed. However, after being in the shop just first year over 10 times, the problems just got worse. The first week I owned it, put the moon roof and it peeled the headliner back from the roof. Then the driver's seat broke, 3 of the 4 locking mechanisms were replaced (this continued after replacing), AC would not be consistently cold, lumbar blew out in passenger side (also in driver's side 50 miles out of warranty), garage door opener never worked, door numbers worked hit and miss, swipe of numbers wouldn't work. This went on up until the time I traded it. They would not declare a lemon; Lincoln refused to work with me

Favorite Features

Beautiful, stylish car that I enjoyed driving. Gorgeous color (dark ink) that they never made again.

Suggested Improvements

Recognize the issues and recall (the locks were a service bulletin so they refused to replace all 4) to fix. Don't treat the customer like a problem and not offer to help. I begged for another MKS to swap and they refused. I think they knew it was a poorly made car. First and last Lincoln

Sweet ride for long drives
By irish35

2009 Lincoln MKS 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Have had the car for about two years, and it has been a pleasure to drive. I drive long distances on the highway and no car would compared to MKS. AWD (and 19+ tires) gives you excellent traction on the road and in the snow. Comfortable seats, nice features, smooth handling, plenty of power. This car is not built for racing, correct. But it would not disappoint, and indeed makes you proud, when you punch it to pass foreign competitors up the hill. Not 100% pleased with the interior design. Major issue for us (coffee drinkers) is that you cannot fit two coffee cups in this car; it has got space for 1-and-a-half!

Can't score everything just yet...
By brookse1

2009 Lincoln MKS 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Wonderful car. Like driving your living room, with more toys. Lots of room, decent power, good looks. Brakes grab. Corners are wobbly but, *what did you expect*? Better tires would help. Uploading CDs and pics is finicky - hello Microsoft! Overall, as long as the reliability holds up, I love it.

Favorite Features

Interior, tech and design are wonderful.

Suggested Improvements

Trunk entrance is a little small. Engine is a little noisy when you mash it, but do you really want to not hear anything? But compared to my nitrous-fed Cobra, it's pretty quiet. If you want to fall asleep, get a Lexus or BMW: my 75-year-old parents did and they love it - it's like nap time.

Little more thought would go a long way
By daveh923

2009 Lincoln MKS 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned this car for a few months now and have to say it was an adventure with good and bad sides. First off it takes a masters degree to learn to drive. The car is not simple and will surprise you with the abilities it has. For instance, you can set cruise control at 75mph and in traffic it will drive itself stopping and going. Technology wise it is brilliant. You can get traffic/weather on demand with the touch of a button. The power is unbelievable, but the downfall is that sport mode will jerk you around like a teenager learning manual. All in all, I'm happy with my purchase and will probably buy another one in the future. Lincoln really did a wonderful job.

Favorite Features

Cruise control is awesome Proximity Entry - keyfob can go in your pocket and you only use it to lock the car. sound system - incredible! moonroof - dual moonroof is great adaptive headlights blindspot warnings - you need them in this car because anything behind the drivers seat is a blind spot. Navigation - I did buy the car used but discovered you can avoid areas you don't like just by telling it so. The fuel finder is fun too, it tells you the best price for gas and you can set a waypoint to it.

Suggested Improvements

Heated seats decide when you're too warm and cool off Cupholders - if it's just one person you're in luck! You have two to choose from! If it's two people - good luck! Armrests - if you want to slide them forward then forget using the cupholders, they are useless. center console storage - the engineers did not intend for you to have spare change... EVER. TPMS corner notification - when you get a low tire pressure notice it's an adventure to discover which tire is low.