2016 Lincoln MKC SUV Consumer Reviews - 7 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Lincoln MKC SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MKC model:

Wife's new MKC Select
By Mica

2016 Lincoln MKC SUV Select 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

We considered many vehicles before buying the MKC. This is a very nice car for the money. I was looking for a dampening of road noise and got it. Wife was looking for comfortable front seat, ease of access to features, and a fun drive. She believes she got them all! We owned 6 Lincolns in the past and quit the brand when Ford forgot to build luxury in. Think they FINALLY figured it out with this MKC. We found great, knowledgeable, salespeople but, if I have a complaint, it is that their dealership does not reflect the "high end" ownership experience of a Mercedes or even an Audi dealership. Found this to be true at other Lincoln dealers we also visited, so must assume that it it the marque that does not recognize the value of a "high end" experience when you are trying represent your vehicle as an alternative to Mercedes, BMW, etc.

Very Solid Luxury Crossover with a Few Quirks
By Iowa Driver

2016 Lincoln MKC SUV Reserve 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I researched my purchase very carefully and test drove many comparable options, including BMW, Audi, Infinity, and Lexus. Of those, I think this was very similar to the Audi Q5 in terms of feel, performance, styling, and quality. Ultimately, I chose the MKC because I was able to order it with the colors and options I preferred, and Lincoln offered a number of incentives. I not only got discounts on the purchase price, but also 0% financing! It was a much better value (a steal really) compared to the foreign options. And most of the foreign options all come in the same boring colors: Black, white, silver, gray and red. It is great to be able to go online, build your own car, and take those specs to the dealer. I took these specs to several dealers and asked each for their best price. I ordered my MKC in burgundy with the large spoke wheels...it is stunning! I get a lot of compliments about this vehicle. I will say however, that the bigger the wheels, the rougher the ride. So far, no major complaints during my first 5000 miles. Lincoln provides your initial service visits for free (2 years/24K miles). My mileage is very consistently 20 mpg in town and 25 mpg on the highway (my driving style is middle of the road). I was initially disappointed that they didn't offer a 6 cylinder, but I have found the 2.3 L turbo to be very responsive and powerful; certainly in the same wheelhouse with many of the 6 cylinders I drove. I love the Sync 3 system; it's very easy to use and completely intuitive. I also enjoy the modem in my car (comes with the Reserve package); it allows me to start my car remotely from any distance. I can even set up an automatic start every day at a given time. The car has a very upscale feel to it. Very solid all the way through. It has noise-canceling technology inside that makes it more quiet. The push-button shifter is a little weird, but you quickly get used to it and it does allow more space in the console. I really like the backup camera and side sensors that warn me if there is something in my blind spot. Now...for the negatives: My number one complaint is that I don't like the cruise control. I'm assuming that this is a standard Ford product, but I've always been a Toyota guy and love their cruise control because it can be set easily with a flick of your middle finger without looking away from the road. This Ford cruise control is awkward and always requires me to look down to use it. Also, the wiper controls are upside down compared to Toyota. And sometimes when you drive with windows or sunroof open, you can get a lot of unpleasant wind pressure and vibration inside. The back seat is tight for bigger people, but this is partly due to styling (sloped roof). The process for closing the hood is (unnecessarily) tricky; I had to practice it several times to get it to work. Also, had a couple of minor quality issues: Some passengers claim they hear air whistling by the window on the highway (I'm deaf to higher pitch noise, and don't hear it). The glove compartment is coated with a fuzzy material that sheds and sticks to the owner's manual. The leather and wood on the inside is great, but some of the chrome buttons/dials seem a little cheap. I like having body side moldings to prevent door dings, but Lincoln doesn't offer it (as Toyota does). However, I did find an aftermarket product that looks great and works well. Lastly, I am proud to be driving a vehicle that is made right here in the USA! NOTE: The review's drop-down box did not offer me the option of 2.3 liter turbo, but that is my engine size.

Class
By Stan Salagaj

2016 Lincoln MKC SUV Reserve 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

A small luxury suv that is a class act.

Brand New 2016 Lincoln MKC
By SallyK

2016 Lincoln MKC SUV Reserve 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Coming from an Audi A4 and I feel like I sacrificed nothing in terms of luxury. Actually more comfort features on this than the Audi and more intuitive controls. Very comfortable interior, nice fit and finish, quiet. Cannot rate the performance aspects because I don't drive spiritedly, but for long trips and around town, I'm very satisfied. Lease cost was $150 less per mo than getting into another A4.

Great Ride
By Willie the J

2016 Lincoln MKC SUV Reserve 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

My wife's Lincoln LS was 13 years old. Time to replace it. As a long time Audi and Prosche driver I looked at a Q5 and a Macan. My local Lincoln dealer has always treated me fair so I decided to price an MkC. The Lincoln dealership is less than 3 miles from my house. The Porsche and Audi dealers are 35 miles away.Today there is a 2017 MkC AWD with the 2.3liter turbo 4 engine, 19" wheels. Is it an Audi or a Porsche? No way, but it is close enough especially given the 5 figure price differences between and among them.The MkC is solid, scoots along rather well, runs on regular fuel, 4 year warranty. First service is free and the dealer will come pick up the car, leave me a loaner, and return my serviced vehicle to me. The fit and finish are first rate. The car has more technology than I will ever use. Outward visibility front and to the sides is excellent. Rear window is too small but that is how all these modern vehicles are designed. Air bags everywhere. No wind noise on the freeway. All in all I am very satisfied with the MkC.