2015 Lincoln MKC SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Lincoln MKC SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MKC model:

I always liked Matthew Mcconauthey. : )
By Tom

2015 Lincoln MKC SUV 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

In a nutshell, we bought this vehicle for my wife a couple months ago, so we don't have a long experience with it. But all the things listed above is what made us go with this vehicle. We were originally going to go with the new for 2014 Jeep Cherokee, but with all the problems owners were complaining about, especially with the new 9-speed transmission, I steered the wife away from it. We really linked the appearance and feel of the Limited, but I've had more than my share of problem vehicles and it was clear from the 5 for, 43 against, owner reviews that we should avoid that SUV like the plague. In the end, we feel in love with the Lincoln MKC and so far we have not regretted the purchase. It's amazingly smooth riding and quiet -- it's even better than my 2006 Mercedes E500 -- and yet very peppy. We wanted the 2.0L engine, but wound up with a loaded model which came with the 2.3L ecoboost. Interestingly enough, however, on a recent trip home from Williamsburg, VA we found we were getting 28 mph rather than the advertised 26 mph for the AWD model. What we really love about it is it's quite responsive and great on gas for a luxury SUV, but runs on regular, and I'm not talking 89, but 87 octane fuel. The dealer told is it's designed to use the regular 87 octane and to not be afraid to do so. Amazing and it uses considerably less fuel than my wife's previous vehicle, an Infinity G37 coupe, which ran on premium only.

love this vehicle
By moon63

2015 Lincoln MKC SUV 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I purchased this vehicle for three reasons. The first being, I am a empty nester, 2nd I am retiring soon, and lastly I wanted to own a vehicle that would be fully equipped with all of the bells and whistles. I deserve it! This vehicle is worth every penny that I spent. It is a very good looking car, and holds itself quite nicely compared with other small luxury cuvs. I have owned my share of European vehicles and base my case on actual ownership not just name branding. This is a vehicle worthy of being referred to as a luxury vehicle.

Wow great car!
By BC

2015 Lincoln MKC SUV 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I was getting a little tired of getting in and out of a small car everyday and went looking for a mini-luxo-crossover (or whatever you call them, now) for my daily hour drive. Admittedly, the only reason I thought about this car was those silly commercials. But still, I took a look and was surprised. For the sticker price on the lot, you cannot compare this to some of the cars mentioned in Edmunds review. I put $45k as a top on what I wanted to pay. My local dealers did not have an MB GLK or Audi Q5 for less than $47k on the lot. And the only BMW X3 I found under $50k didn't even have nav! Really? Yes, there was a Volvo XC60 or two that fit in my range. But not as loaded as I was able to get my MKC. I got the upgrade 2.3l engine, awd, the nav package, and several other options, including the incredible panoramic roof for $44k before any haggling or rebates. I would say this model straddles segments as it more directly competed in price with the MB GLA class, BMW X1, Infiniti QX50, Audi Q3, and Volvo XC70, all of which I'd call tall wagons. None had the ride height of the MKC. The only vehicle I would say directly competes is the Acura RDX. It did have more space and otherwise had similar features for the price, topping out at $44k. But, honestly, the 3.5l V-6 in the Acura felt gutless compared to the 2.3l turbo 4 in the MKC. That was probably my deciding factor. In all, I'm thrilled w/ my purchase.

Love my Lincoln
By AMGO

2015 Lincoln MKC SUV 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

An amazing vehicle but a little pricey, but it's worth it!

Enjoyable compact luxury crossover
By gr8_g8_gt

2015 Lincoln MKC SUV 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have a 2.3L Reserve model that is almost fully loaded. It rides nicely, is fairly quiet and has decent pick-up. Mileage has been around 20 mpg in mostly city driving, which I find disappointing for a 4 cylinder. I love all the features like push-button start, heated & cooled memory seats, heated steering wheel, etc. I downsized from a Ford Edge and like the more compact vehicle, although back seat legroom is tight and the cargo area is a bit small. As with the Edge, the A/C doesn't modulate well; it's either too cold or too warm. It's been a very reliable and enjoyable vehicle, and I get lots of compliments on it.

Comfortable seats; memory seats, mirrors and steering wheel; heated steering wheel heated & cooled seats; pushbutton start; panoramic moonroof; ride and handling.

Better gas mileage. Greater differentiation between normal, sport and comfort modes.

• SUV