2015 Lincoln MKC Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Lincoln MKC - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MKC model:

Love my Lincoln
By AMGO

2015 Lincoln MKC 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

An amazing vehicle but a little pricey, but it's worth it!

Enjoyable compact luxury crossover
By gr8_g8_gt

2015 Lincoln MKC 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have a 2.3L Reserve model that is almost fully loaded. It rides nicely, is fairly quiet and has decent pick-up. Mileage has been around 20 mpg in mostly city driving, which I find disappointing for a 4 cylinder. I love all the features like push-button start, heated & cooled memory seats, heated steering wheel, etc. I downsized from a Ford Edge and like the more compact vehicle, although back seat legroom is tight and the cargo area is a bit small. As with the Edge, the A/C doesn't modulate well; it's either too cold or too warm. It's been a very reliable and enjoyable vehicle, and I get lots of compliments on it.

Comfortable seats; memory seats, mirrors and steering wheel; heated steering wheel heated & cooled seats; pushbutton start; panoramic moonroof; ride and handling.

Better gas mileage. Greater differentiation between normal, sport and comfort modes.

What a mistake!
By wywill

2015 Lincoln MKC 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Purchased MKC Sat. 3/7. Big mistake. Spent more time on the phone with Lincoln than driving. Top of the line, every option available model. 1) Sirius said I don't have the 6 month trial period, Lincoln set up system wrong, had to pay for the first year immediately; 2) Sync Service wouldn't work, dealt for 3 hours with Lincoln on the phone to do all sorts of things to get the system to work correctly, 3)Lincoln phone app won't work, after 4 days still wants "in car confirmation" that I am the owner of the phone/car...their engineers are looking into it and should have an answer in 1 week. What a Joke! Do Not Buy this Car! My 2014 Buick Lacrosse was flawless. This is far from luxury!

All the time I sit in a parking lot on the phone with Lincoln trying to get my car to work right.

Everything! This is far from a Lux Brand auto manufacturer. For $50,000 they should have had much better quality. It's like driving an overpriced Ford Focus. For $15,000 I might be patient with nothing working but not for $50,000

I have NEVER been so disappointed in a Ford product or their Customer Service as I am right now!
By swim_mom

2015 Lincoln MKC Black Label 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have only ever owned Ford products and I had to have the New MKC, I bought the 1st on the lot. Lets just say, total disappointment!! My transmission "shattered" in the middle of the highway at 9k miles, all the ABS sensors have been replaced, the emergency brake engages sporadically while I am driving. This vehicle is not safe to drive and has left me in unsafe conditions on several occasions, that is not what I paid $45,000 for. I filed Lemon Law with the BBB so now Lincoln has told me that they can no longer help me or repair my vehicle under the warranty because I had to go and file a complaint with the BBB as my right as a consumer. I have never been treated so poorly in my life!

I loved this car, I had a 2013 Escape prior to the purchase of the MKC and as I stated above, I had to have this car that I bought the first one the dealer got on the lot! That is why I am so disappointed that it is not functioning properly and that Lincoln/Ford is so unwilling to help me. We come from Ford families and have been "Ford Loyal" our entire lives, that is why I am so disappointed.

Customer service would be a huge improvement. I completely understand that a vehicle is a man made machine and that things are bound to go wrong. If it was just the transmission I could have moved on, but when you are dealing with one issue after another, I asked for a new vehicle since this is a lease and the CS rep just argued with me. At this point after all I have been through I am just done with the vehicle in general. I do feel that other consumers need to know that there are potential issues with this vehicle, there is also a recall on the push button start that I was just notified of, but due to my claim with the BBB they will not work on my vehicle.

Little Red
By retiredlt

2015 Lincoln MKC 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have had my 2.3 ruby red with hazelnut interior MKC for 6 weeks and 2400 miles and am very happy with it. I have used the normal, comfort and sport modes but generally keep it in sport. The 2.3 has great power and I am averaging 19.8MPG with combination of city/highway driving. I first had to learn how to manage the gas pedal to avoid too rapid acceleration. The front seat comfort is outstanding and quality nearly perfect. Before buying, my 6'3" 15 year old had to sit in the backseat to see if there was headroom and legroom. With the front passenger seat somewhat forward and his seat reclining, there was no problem. The multitude of features and the THX stereo are superb! Go, Lincoln!

The 2.3L ecoboost performance makes the MKC a rocket! I love the different driving modes, but keep it in sport mode. The blind spot monitoring is outstanding, as is the THX stereo with 14 speakers. Lincoln stylists have created a beautiful vehicle, especially the back end lighting. It took some getting used to the push-button transmission, but I do like the added storage space. This is my winter car with the AWD: I also have a Mustang convert for summer.

I have no problem with the cargo area, but would like a little additional room for the backseat. No major problem, though, as I wanted to downsize from a Ford Edge Limited.