1998 Lincoln Mark VIII Consumer Review: Great Car Just too bad!

1998 Lincoln Mark VIII - Consumer Review

LSC Coupe (4.6L V8 4-speed Automatic)

Great Car Just too bad!
By Ben on

1998 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC 2dr Coupe

I bought this black beauty in 2004 with 26,000 mi. It still runs like a Bat. with 200,000 mi. I hate ford has not only stopped producing this car , but has hidden all the spare parts. American Auto companies just don't get it. I am now facing some electrical problems and need replacement items like the center tail running light ballast and cannot get it so I had it disconnected.Fuel pump is only available from NAPA now. I was in Atlanta and had to have the pump replaced, so I limped into Pugmire, (Lincoln Dealer) They charged me over $1,000 to fix it and screwed up my exaust pipes so badly, they offered to reimburse me for having someone else repair their work.(where can I find parts?

Putting the CD in the trunk was a great idea. United Radio in NY can fix the old ones if they go out. I have seen pictures of a 2010 model( Beautiful) but pricy $$$$

To Ford and GM. Sell your old parts to somebody that can help your customers keep these cars running. Or you will find you have no more customers.