1998 Lincoln Mark VIII Consumer Review: Great car, wish they still mad

1998 Lincoln Mark VIII - Consumer Review

LSC Coupe (4.6L V8 4-speed Automatic)

Great car, wish they still made them.
By Eddy on

1998 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC 2dr Coupe

Bought this Mark with 32,000. Now have 87,000. Replaced both front brake rotors, they warped. Rear neon light ballast went bad and have already replaced both HID headlamps. Also replaced two C.O.P. coils. Air ride pump is starting to sound bad. I own three of these Marks. 1998 Mark VIII LSC (above) 1996 Mark VIII 82,000 miles. Replaced air struts/pump and front brake rotors (warped). 1995 Mark VIII 150,000 miles. Replaced air struts/pump, front brake rotors (warped), transmission shift assembly, and alternator. I really like these cars and wish they still made them. These have been some of the better cars that I have owned. Better than a 2001 Cadillac STS I had owned.

I like the ride on the 1995 and 1996. The 1998 is a little stiffer (LSC). The 1998 (better steering) handles a bit better than the 1995 and 96. Like the looks of all these years. Sound system is good, have 10 disc changer in all of them. Built in phone system is great, in all of them.

The only thing is, I wish they got better gas mileage. I don't know where these people are coming up with over 20 mpg. My 1995 and 1996 get between 14 to 18 mpg at best and the 1998 LSC is even less, due to the rear end gear ratio which runs at a higher RPM. Computer readout is not the actual MPG!