Used 1998 Lincoln Mark VIII Coupe Consumer Reviews - 40 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Mark VIII model:

Lincoln Mk VIII
By Janus Johnson

1998 Lincoln Mark VIII Coupe LSC 2dr Coupe

Fun to drive, reliable, very comfortable, attractive (still draws compliments), well designed. Almost maintenance-free except for essentials. Have always had recommended maintenance performed on time. There have been recalls, which have been promptly completed by the dealer with no problems. Ford has established itself as a quality manufacturer and the dealers provide reputable after-sale service. I plan to continue driving this car for a long time, one reason being that there is nothing on the market that I would want as a replacement.

I like the strong engine; it has good acceleration for entering freeways in dense traffic. I love the seats and steering wheel that move out of the way when I leave the car. They move back into the appropriate position when I return to the driver's seat. Wonderful! I love this car.

There would be only superficial changes, none of any merit. It is a shame that this car is no longer being made

Good while it lasted.
By Michigan Driver

1998 Lincoln Mark VIII Coupe LSC 2dr Coupe

Purchased the LSC in 2007 at 112K miles. Had already had tie rods, links, and front bushings replaced around 70K. Replaced $400 A/C tube at 122K; wheels around 140K due to excessive corrosion; tie rods and stabilizer links again at 150K. Powertrain control module went at 155K ($2000). Ran fine until 175K at which point the PCM went out again. Can't and won't replace it a second time. Despite having to put some real money into the car to keep it running I have enjoyed almost every minute of driving. Its design is centered around the driver and a responsive driving experience. If you can find one with less than 100K, buy it, drive it, then sell it before it starts to fall apart.

Very responsive throttle despite its size and weight, smooth ride, cockpit is designed to put everything in driver's reach, comfortable interior, good gas mileage (22 avg / 27 highway)

More use of aluminum panels (no rust).

Great Car Just too bad!
By Ben

1998 Lincoln Mark VIII Coupe LSC 2dr Coupe

I bought this black beauty in 2004 with 26,000 mi. It still runs like a Bat. with 200,000 mi. I hate ford has not only stopped producing this car , but has hidden all the spare parts. American Auto companies just don't get it. I am now facing some electrical problems and need replacement items like the center tail running light ballast and cannot get it so I had it disconnected.Fuel pump is only available from NAPA now. I was in Atlanta and had to have the pump replaced, so I limped into Pugmire, (Lincoln Dealer) They charged me over $1,000 to fix it and screwed up my exaust pipes so badly, they offered to reimburse me for having someone else repair their work.(where can I find parts?

Putting the CD in the trunk was a great idea. United Radio in NY can fix the old ones if they go out. I have seen pictures of a 2010 model( Beautiful) but pricy $$$$

To Ford and GM. Sell your old parts to somebody that can help your customers keep these cars running. Or you will find you have no more customers.

Fantastic Automobile
By john jeffries

1998 Lincoln Mark VIII Coupe LSC 2dr Coupe

I bought it new and have had it ever since. I have never owned an automobile that I love to drive as much as I do My Mark VIII. The first time I drove it on an interstate and it stooped down when I reached 50 MPH, I was hooked. Its pearl paint job looks like it just came off the showroom floor. People still will stop me in parking lots to talk about its beauty. If you ever have a chance get you one

Airride system and accessories

I love my car
By pamel44

1998 Lincoln Mark VIII Coupe 2dr Coupe

I bought my Lincoln Mark V111 with 200000 miles and it was an awesome investment. Good car, drives great!

Dependable