1998 Lincoln Mark VIII Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mark VIII model:
FUN FUN FUN
By JMcD on 03/21/09 21:00 PM (PDT)

1998 Lincoln Mark VIII Coupe 2dr Coupe

Had for a month, Great solid ride. Only Avg 17mpg city. Previous owner loved this car. I limo tinted the windows that gives an even more unique look. Just had 2 control arms replaced at 72,000 miles and fluids flushed. Ford Dealer said that was ONLY thing needing to be fixed, that the car is in EXCELLENT shape. Thats a Dealership folks!!!! They would laundry list the Repairs to make money!!! So im VERY Pleased to hear this. Nice sound system for 11 years old, but WILL add my 2-10" subwoofers in the Back of the trunk. Trunk is not very DEEP. Backseat room!? None. Who cares!!! Im concerned aftermarket warranty wont cover AIR RIDE suspension. I guess ill find out! BUT I LOVE THIS CAR!

Great car, wish they still made them.
By Eddy on 07/22/08 05:43 AM (PDT)

1998 Lincoln Mark VIII Coupe LSC 2dr Coupe

Bought this Mark with 32,000. Now have 87,000. Replaced both front brake rotors, they warped. Rear neon light ballast went bad and have already replaced both HID headlamps. Also replaced two C.O.P. coils. Air ride pump is starting to sound bad. I own three of these Marks. 1998 Mark VIII LSC (above) 1996 Mark VIII 82,000 miles. Replaced air struts/pump and front brake rotors (warped). 1995 Mark VIII 150,000 miles. Replaced air struts/pump, front brake rotors (warped), transmission shift assembly, and alternator. I really like these cars and wish they still made them. These have been some of the better cars that I have owned. Better than a 2001 Cadillac STS I had owned.

Beautiful car!
By Bill on 07/20/08 12:29 PM (PDT)

1998 Lincoln Mark VIII Coupe LSC 2dr Coupe

I bought this car from a very nasty divorce situation and the car took the brunt of it. I have have put a lot of money and effort to get this car close to where it should be. It's a "Collector Edition" and it is simply gorgeous. For being a 10 year old car I get compliment after compliment - people think its a new car. There are not many of these on the road so people are not sure what it is. The syling is timeless.

Love this car, after ten years...
By Dori on 06/15/08 16:49 PM (PDT)

1998 Lincoln Mark VIII Coupe 2dr Coupe

It is a classic style that everyone likes and fun to drive. Only major repairs were front ti-rods replaced and finding replacement HID Headlamps which Ford is no longer manufacturing and none to be found. Had to spend $650 for a headlamp retrofit kit, plus $250 labor to have headlights that work. Difficult to find certain parts since Ford no longer makes this vehicle. Shame on Ford!

Champagne at beer cost
By carguy on 03/31/08 13:11 PM (PDT)

1998 Lincoln Mark VIII Coupe LSC 2dr Coupe

Owned two MkVIIs that I drove for many years with few maintenance issues. In fact, I kept the last one 'til the end was in sight because, for me, the MkVIII was just too big to be a coupe. Finally, in 1998, I realized that the car wasn't going to get any smaller. Even worse, it was about to disappear forever. I bought a black/black '98 LSC. For a personal/luxury car, it's still too big for my preference. However, there is no greater luxury/performance car combo for the price available anywhere in the world. Even the gas mileage is good considering it's 305HP and 4K+ pounds.

A Classic in the Making - my dream car
By rruss on 09/09/07 10:19 AM (PDT)

1998 Lincoln Mark VIII Coupe 2dr Coupe

After wanting one of these cars for the past twenty years or so, I finally got myself one. I have just been diagnosed with a serious ailment, and realized if not now, when? It drives like a dream, and still reminds me of the magic carpet ride of a Riveria from many years ago. The acceleration and ride are fantastic, and the pure fun of driving her are just fantastic. Power behind the 32 valve V8 is incredible. I could never have afforded one of these when new, and feel very lucky to have found this one in as great a condition as she is in. I'm going to have much fun driving around as long as I am able. Minor considerations of suspension, etc. can all be dealt with the right friends.

Classic Car
By E. Paul Brumley on 06/20/07 11:09 AM (PDT)

1998 Lincoln Mark VIII Coupe LSC 2dr Coupe

Wanted one of these cars since they came out, couldn't afford it though( wife and 4 kids). Found this one on a used car lot, when I drove it i found it had a miss on acceleration and the front brakes pulsated. Bought the car replaced all spark plug boots and front rotors. Replaced front rotors and installed ceramid pads. I have one of the best cars int the world.

Mark VIII
By bprncsgrl19 on 01/22/06 10:05 AM (PST)

1998 Lincoln Mark VIII Coupe LSC 2dr Coupe

Very comfortable, fun to drive. I had no problems with the car. I have been very pleased!

Still a great car
By zandor on 04/19/05 08:56 AM (PDT)

1998 Lincoln Mark VIII Coupe 2dr Coupe

What can I say, I just love this car. It's a wonderfully smooth ride around town or on the highway, soaking up potholes with ease. The V8 provides effortless power at any legal speed. Gas mileage is usually around 25 on the highway, though I've gotten it as low as 22 (fast into a headwind) and as high as 27 (65 w/ a tailwind?) If you're having traction problems in rain or snow, it's your tires. The first set I had were lousy in rain and snow. I've since switched to 2 sets of tires- snows for winter and a set of summer performance tires. Repairs since the warranty ran out have averaged about $800/yr, which I'd consider well worth it to drive a Mark.

good long ride
By tmoore on 04/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Lincoln Mark VIII Coupe LSC 2dr Coupe

Bought this Mark with 65000 on it, now have 95000. It is a good ride for my 170 mi/day commute. I'm getting over 25mpg on the hi-way. Car looks great, timeless design. Drivers seat starting to show wear. Would have liked to have option to have both cassette and CD player. back seat pockets are nets, cheaper looking than in 97. Didn't see significant difference in LSC and standard, didn't feel it driving either. Guess the dual exaust is about it. Had to repair the steering wheel, ouch. thousands of parts many motors, many bucks.