1998 Lincoln Mark 8 CE
By Cordovan red on
1998 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC 2dr Coupe
Awesome styling, fit finish inside/out. Only good thing I have to say for the mark 8. Car has 83k. Problem after problem. Blown head gasket, (2k in repairs) new low mileage bullet, 1k for engine, 1k for install. Freaking steering column goes throughthe exhaust manifold, column removal to swap engine. Blend air door 1k to repair. Door handles made of pot metal, breaks often. 14 mpg city/22 highway. Drive shaft, brakes, elect fail. Ford has no body parts, when found, are high bucks! My 4 door Buick Ultra v6 (blown) is faster, Mark ran 14.72 quarter mile. Buick Park Ave 14.38. What next will fail, air ride, neon tail lamp or HID lamps. My Collectors Edition is parked, may bring $ 1 day.
Favorite Features
Interior, exterior, fit and finish, styling, Rosewood shifter knob and steering wheel. Paint is A++. Interior is like a cockpit, front seats are very comfortable for long trips. Back seats are good if you are 10 years old, otherwise forget it.
Suggested Improvements
Do you have about 12 hours for my rant? JBL stereo system has no issues, works as designed and sounds like a AM radio in a 1960's Rambler. I have listened to many Fords JBL stereos and they all stink, Chryslers Infinity and GM's Bose are 70% superior. Buy a Mark 8 if you have money 2 blow away.
By cyoulater
on 08/18/13 08:58 AM (PDT)

I started to believe you until you commented on how poor the JBL sound system is. I am 55 years old. I have 30,000 dollars or more invested in professional Audio equipment. I have a degree in Electronics Engineering. I have built Pure Class C power Amps. I test and repair Audio equipment. The JBL Sound System in my 1993 Mark 8 is by far the best sounding factory installed sound system I have ever had the joy of listening to. Much better than the BOSE system in my Mercedes.. And that also sounds good. Also.. You rant and rag yet give the car 3.5 stars.. This whole review loses credit and validity with me..