1998 Lincoln Mark VIII - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mark VIII model:
1998 Lincoln Mark 8 CE
By Cordovan red on 07/03/10 00:06 AM (PDT)

1998 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC 2dr Coupe

Awesome styling, fit finish inside/out. Only good thing I have to say for the mark 8. Car has 83k. Problem after problem. Blown head gasket, (2k in repairs) new low mileage bullet, 1k for engine, 1k for install. Freaking steering column goes throughthe exhaust manifold, column removal to swap engine. Blend air door 1k to repair. Door handles made of pot metal, breaks often. 14 mpg city/22 highway. Drive shaft, brakes, elect fail. Ford has no body parts, when found, are high bucks! My 4 door Buick Ultra v6 (blown) is faster, Mark ran 14.72 quarter mile. Buick Park Ave 14.38. What next will fail, air ride, neon tail lamp or HID lamps. My Collectors Edition is parked, may bring $ 1 day.

Best Car I've Ever Owned!
By Darla L on 06/25/10 06:49 AM (PDT)

1998 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC 2dr Coupe

Wow!! What a Car. From the moment I drove the car at the dealership, I told my husband, "This is a Hot Rod Lincoln and I want it!" Of course I never thought that I would own one, but bought it brand new 3 months later. We absolutely LOVED THE CAR! Ride is excellent, performance is unbelievable, and the car is absolutely BEAUTIFUL! To this day June 2010 when I drive this car I get compliments on it. It is the Bright Toreador Red Tinted Clear coat Metallic and when clean looks still looks like a million bucks. I love this car, but replacement parts are hard to find so as I sit here today I'm having to sell the car. Believe me the tears will be coming. By far the BEST Car I've ever owned.

I love my LSC!
By LSCGODDESS98 on 04/10/10 09:34 AM (PDT)

1998 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC 2dr Coupe

Hello everyone, people everywhere who have this car and participate on the online forums for this car knows of me. But for those who don't, I'm ginamarie. I proudly own my 98 Lincoln mark 8 lsc se, I had gotten this car as'a birthday gift from hubs, when I realized it was time to buy something a little more reliable- boy was I right and got exactly what I wanted, blkonblk, moon, low miles got her at 50k and she still going strong at a little over 174k. Like every car with miles you have your leaks and squeaks. As long as you keep your oils changed and up to the min on necessary repairs I know my lsc will go for many more miles.

where to get spare parts
By 98 collector's Editi on 03/12/10 11:28 AM (PST)

1998 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC 2dr Coupe

I too love this car, as someone who's had many cars in my life time this one has been the most fun to drive and I also get many complements from other drivers. For anybody out there who's needing any spare parts theirs a Bone yard in central Florida called Rienharts" they have many of the parts you will ever need plus they will ship it overnight if you wish. my rear center tail light went out a few years ago and they were very helpful, I was surprised who easy it was to install myself in about one hour. I hope this info will help all of you "mark" lovers like myself.

Plans for my Mk
By Luvmymk on 12/13/09 20:58 PM (PST)

1998 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC 2dr Coupe

Gonna cost you in repairs but well worth it.I have a Ford mechanic good friend,so it's cheap for me. Cobra motor is getting a new intake and exhaust, hopefully tuning too.Air ride goes bad,rotors warp,small electrical problems,stabilizer bars on front. Set of Blizzaks for winter and 17" Konigs with performance Kumho's for summer.

Lincoln Mk VIII
By Janus Johnson on 10/28/09 16:28 PM (PDT)

1998 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC 2dr Coupe

Fun to drive, reliable, very comfortable, attractive (still draws compliments), well designed. Almost maintenance-free except for essentials. Have always had recommended maintenance performed on time. There have been recalls, which have been promptly completed by the dealer with no problems. Ford has established itself as a quality manufacturer and the dealers provide reputable after-sale service. I plan to continue driving this car for a long time, one reason being that there is nothing on the market that I would want as a replacement.

Good while it lasted.
By Michigan Driver on 10/07/09 11:43 AM (PDT)

1998 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC 2dr Coupe

Purchased the LSC in 2007 at 112K miles. Had already had tie rods, links, and front bushings replaced around 70K. Replaced $400 A/C tube at 122K; wheels around 140K due to excessive corrosion; tie rods and stabilizer links again at 150K. Powertrain control module went at 155K ($2000). Ran fine until 175K at which point the PCM went out again. Can't and won't replace it a second time. Despite having to put some real money into the car to keep it running I have enjoyed almost every minute of driving. Its design is centered around the driver and a responsive driving experience. If you can find one with less than 100K, buy it, drive it, then sell it before it starts to fall apart.

Great Car Just too bad!
By Ben on 10/07/09 06:25 AM (PDT)

1998 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC 2dr Coupe

I bought this black beauty in 2004 with 26,000 mi. It still runs like a Bat. with 200,000 mi. I hate ford has not only stopped producing this car , but has hidden all the spare parts. American Auto companies just don't get it. I am now facing some electrical problems and need replacement items like the center tail running light ballast and cannot get it so I had it disconnected.Fuel pump is only available from NAPA now. I was in Atlanta and had to have the pump replaced, so I limped into Pugmire, (Lincoln Dealer) They charged me over $1,000 to fix it and screwed up my exaust pipes so badly, they offered to reimburse me for having someone else repair their work.(where can I find parts?

Fantastic Automobile
By john jeffries on 09/09/09 11:02 AM (PDT)

1998 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC 2dr Coupe

I bought it new and have had it ever since. I have never owned an automobile that I love to drive as much as I do My Mark VIII. The first time I drove it on an interstate and it stooped down when I reached 50 MPH, I was hooked. Its pearl paint job looks like it just came off the showroom floor. People still will stop me in parking lots to talk about its beauty. If you ever have a chance get you one

I love my car
By pamel44 on 09/08/09 11:44 AM (PDT)

1998 Lincoln Mark VIII 2dr Coupe

I bought my Lincoln Mark V111 with 200000 miles and it was an awesome investment. Good car, drives great!