Used 1998 Lincoln Mark VIII Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Mark VIII model:

1998 Lincoln Mark 8 CE
By Cordovan red

1998 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC 2dr Coupe

Awesome styling, fit finish inside/out. Only good thing I have to say for the mark 8. Car has 83k. Problem after problem. Blown head gasket, (2k in repairs) new low mileage bullet, 1k for engine, 1k for install. Freaking steering column goes throughthe exhaust manifold, column removal to swap engine. Blend air door 1k to repair. Door handles made of pot metal, breaks often. 14 mpg city/22 highway. Drive shaft, brakes, elect fail. Ford has no body parts, when found, are high bucks! My 4 door Buick Ultra v6 (blown) is faster, Mark ran 14.72 quarter mile. Buick Park Ave 14.38. What next will fail, air ride, neon tail lamp or HID lamps. My Collectors Edition is parked, may bring $ 1 day.

Favorite Features

Interior, exterior, fit and finish, styling, Rosewood shifter knob and steering wheel. Paint is A++. Interior is like a cockpit, front seats are very comfortable for long trips. Back seats are good if you are 10 years old, otherwise forget it.

Suggested Improvements

Do you have about 12 hours for my rant? JBL stereo system has no issues, works as designed and sounds like a AM radio in a 1960's Rambler. I have listened to many Fords JBL stereos and they all stink, Chryslers Infinity and GM's Bose are 70% superior. Buy a Mark 8 if you have money 2 blow away.

Best Car I've Ever Owned!
By Darla L

1998 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC 2dr Coupe

Wow!! What a Car. From the moment I drove the car at the dealership, I told my husband, "This is a Hot Rod Lincoln and I want it!" Of course I never thought that I would own one, but bought it brand new 3 months later. We absolutely LOVED THE CAR! Ride is excellent, performance is unbelievable, and the car is absolutely BEAUTIFUL! To this day June 2010 when I drive this car I get compliments on it. It is the Bright Toreador Red Tinted Clear coat Metallic and when clean looks still looks like a million bucks. I love this car, but replacement parts are hard to find so as I sit here today I'm having to sell the car. Believe me the tears will be coming. By far the BEST Car I've ever owned.

Favorite Features

Air suspension, moving front seats so it's easy to get into back seat. Engine is awesome! Great horsepower and handling. Have owned other performance cars, but this was not just performance it was also luxury! Overall appearance is beautiful! Ride is incredible still 12 years later.

Suggested Improvements

Best improvements would be to make parts available. What a mistake on Ford/Lincoln to not make parts available for this car. Headlights outrageous and very hard to find. Air ride is awesome, but very expensive to fix! That's where the company made mistakes on available parts!!

I love my LSC!
By LSCGODDESS98

1998 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC 2dr Coupe

Hello everyone, people everywhere who have this car and participate on the online forums for this car knows of me. But for those who don't, I'm ginamarie. I proudly own my 98 Lincoln mark 8 lsc se, I had gotten this car as'a birthday gift from hubs, when I realized it was time to buy something a little more reliable- boy was I right and got exactly what I wanted, blkonblk, moon, low miles got her at 50k and she still going strong at a little over 174k. Like every car with miles you have your leaks and squeaks. As long as you keep your oils changed and up to the min on necessary repairs I know my lsc will go for many more miles.

Favorite Features

I love the tail lamps in the rear, the roundness of the body, and the octos rims in chrome. I modified my rims n tires. I also love it's power 290 hp and having some options to upgrade in all the right places which I am about to do-LOL watch out everyone ; )

Suggested Improvements

If they were to make a come back - relocate the window switches, make avail stitching color opts and lsc logo and color opts for the wood use real wood not plastic, and air ride system needs a little tweaking, but other than that I wouldn't change anything. Please bring back the mark!

where to get spare parts
By 98 collector's Editi

1998 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC 2dr Coupe

I too love this car, as someone who's had many cars in my life time this one has been the most fun to drive and I also get many complements from other drivers. For anybody out there who's needing any spare parts theirs a Bone yard in central Florida called Rienharts" they have many of the parts you will ever need plus they will ship it overnight if you wish. my rear center tail light went out a few years ago and they were very helpful, I was surprised who easy it was to install myself in about one hour. I hope this info will help all of you "mark" lovers like myself.

Favorite Features

everything you could hope to feel when driving this Hot Rod

Suggested Improvements

Front air bags....Go to spring shocks in a kit you can buy now at NAPA Trunk is small

Plans for my Mk
By Luvmymk

1998 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC 2dr Coupe

Gonna cost you in repairs but well worth it.I have a Ford mechanic good friend,so it's cheap for me. Cobra motor is getting a new intake and exhaust, hopefully tuning too.Air ride goes bad,rotors warp,small electrical problems,stabilizer bars on front. Set of Blizzaks for winter and 17" Konigs with performance Kumho's for summer.

Favorite Features

Cobra motor and nice styling.

Suggested Improvements

Lights