1997 Lincoln Mark VIII Consumer Review: She goes with class for sure!

1997 Lincoln Mark VIII - Consumer Review

1997 Lincoln Mark VIII

LSC Coupe (4.6L V8 4-speed Automatic)

She goes with class for sure!
By B1gDaddy0Wizard on

1997 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC 2dr Coupe

I purchased my leaseback Toreador Red used Mark in 1999. It had 24,000 mi. I have run the dickens out of it and she has taken the punishment with ladylike understanding. She is a beauty today in as much as it was the day it was made. The 4.6 DOHC runs like a scaulded dog. The tranny was a bit slushy at first, but I put in a shift kit and now she'll squal the tires between 1st to 2nd shifts. I destroyed the first engine and replaced it at my expense at 108Kmi. The new engine is even stronger than the first, maybe overbored a bit??? This car says luxury from the git-go, and it says successful, fast, and a bit dangerous male or female inside. My wife also loves it and the heated seats.

My most favorite feature is the timeless body design. My red Mark with the red LCD tail lamps across the back looks almost monochrome in appearance. I have had many strangers compliment me on this automobile. She's a looker and VERY quick, hunkers down nice and stable at 55 and doesn't look back.

Needs limited slip diff, tighter tranny, computer default to non-traction control. Lot of little annoying things have broken: low beams, door handle, sunvisor clip, cup clip, power window button tops, steering wheel adjust button, motor mounts, driver seat, one belt latch, etc. Expensive to repair.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review