1997 Lincoln Mark VIII - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mark VIII model:
Spike
By Angelsilhouette on 08/18/09 13:23 PM (PDT)

1997 Lincoln Mark VIII 2dr Coupe

The rated fuel economy must be average city and highway. When I put it on cruise control at 45mph on the long stretch between Gulf Breeze and Ft. Walton the instant mpg was touching 40mpg. Cruising at ~70 on the highway usually gets me around 27mpg, lately, and the engine is barely ticking over 2000rpm to do so. I prefer my old 93 to my 97, though, it seemed to be assembled with a higher standard.

She goes with class for sure!
By B1gDaddy0Wizard on 03/22/09 21:48 PM (PDT)

1997 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC 2dr Coupe

I purchased my leaseback Toreador Red used Mark in 1999. It had 24,000 mi. I have run the dickens out of it and she has taken the punishment with ladylike understanding. She is a beauty today in as much as it was the day it was made. The 4.6 DOHC runs like a scaulded dog. The tranny was a bit slushy at first, but I put in a shift kit and now she'll squal the tires between 1st to 2nd shifts. I destroyed the first engine and replaced it at my expense at 108Kmi. The new engine is even stronger than the first, maybe overbored a bit??? This car says luxury from the git-go, and it says successful, fast, and a bit dangerous male or female inside. My wife also loves it and the heated seats.

The Black Hole
By Kevin on 05/07/08 14:47 PM (PDT)

1997 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC 2dr Coupe

I decided to buy a Mark VIII after driving one from NC to CA for a friend that bought the car off Ebay. I took more than a year to find this car in CA. Most of them are on the east coast it seems. It is a very clean (repainted) two-owner car which had 65k /miles when I bought it 7/2007. The car now has 81k 10 months later. It has had (or has) every single glitch or known problem these cars get. Heater blend door inop, drivers side mirror glass distorted, rear window strip kinked, vibration at 80+ from the driveshaft, rough idle, etc. But everytime I get past a problem and drive the car again, I love it!

Sporty in style!
By snoopylp on 10/29/07 15:41 PM (PDT)

1997 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC 2dr Coupe

I loved the car. It was very speedy! Parts are way too expensive! I pretty much liked everything about the car. But I think when I bought the car it had been wrecked. So I had abnormal problems.

Great Car
By Steve on 09/01/07 06:26 AM (PDT)

1997 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC 2dr Coupe

I also own 94 Tbird, 00 Mustang GT. This is an awesome car. Bought it with 110000 miles on it and it runs great and looks super. The air suspension failed so I put a standard suspenion under it, so it handles better than my GT. It is pearl white and still turns heads after 10 years. Wish Ford would bring it back. Gas mileage is acceptable, 25 mpg on the highway. I would buy a couple more.

sanjs review of markviii
By sanj on 03/10/07 23:06 PM (PST)

1997 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC 2dr Coupe

excellent car, had it for almost ten years now, only has about 100,000km on it, and runs great

Toreador Red
By Aaron on 02/20/07 17:53 PM (PST)

1997 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC 2dr Coupe

This vehicle is truly the high mark of American performance combined with luxurious pampering. The sleek styling of the exterior combined with the soft leather seats with the computerized status readout truly make this a unique automobile. The air-ride suspension truly does make you feel like you are floating at times. The car depreciated from $42,000 (new) to around $7000 (retail), easily making this luxury rocket a value to find. To me, the Mark VIII will always be the ultimate executive driving machine.

Great VIII
By DLP2221 on 10/28/06 22:40 PM (PDT)

1997 Lincoln Mark VIII 2dr Coupe

Luxury Hot Rod! Loved the Mark VIII from day one, knew what they REALLY were, and now own two of them, a '94 and '97. The '97 now has 104k mi. and still doesn't use a drop of oil! The 4.6 Intech is an outstanding motor and combined with the looks, luxury and just plain fun-to-drive factor, I'm totally satisfied with this car. I don't see much on the road I'd rather own, or that can outperform it. All the accessories work perfectly and the only issues I've had to deal with were the front air bags and the blend door for the climate control. One thing I don't like is the non-replaceable rear window molding that tends to ripple..otherwise love it.. a lot! Top notch luxo-rod.

Luxury & Style with the Heart of a Snake
By Ross on 07/29/05 23:24 PM (PDT)

1997 Lincoln Mark VIII 2dr Coupe

A hard-to-find car in this area, I was really stoked when I located my '97 Mark. It has the extra-cost Ivory Pearescent Tri-coat paint and every option except heated seats. And with its Mustang Cobra-like powerplant, this luxo-barge will really hop when you press the loud pedal. Highway manners are excellent, even @ 90. Have only had to replace a serpentine belt, a coil pack for cylinder #6 and a driver's side low beam HID headlight bulb ($170.00 even with a healthy discount) in 15,000 miles. Touchy in snow, but worth it during fair weather. My Mark's been extremely reliable, just wish the cool neon taillight that stopped working didn't cost $700 to replace. Overall great, fast car.

Mark VIII LSC / F-15 with wheels(1997)
By Mark G. on 07/10/05 18:52 PM (PDT)

1997 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC 2dr Coupe

After owning a 1988 Mark VII LSC for over 160,000 miles and then placating myself (albeit enjoyably) with an Olds Aurora, I bought this car about one year ago over the Internet. My only conditions were: the dealership performed any of the needed work I asked for; and if the car were not up to snuff we would both walk away from the deal without penalty or harshness on either side. It turned out to be the best auto purchase I ever made! Being a Ford/Lincoln dealer they performed their regular pre-owned checks and needed work, and I only had to hold off one of the more unscrupulous salespeople who tried to sell the car out from under the Internet salesperson whom I initially dealt with.