1996 Lincoln Mark VIII 4.6L V8 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - What a Luxury Car Should

1996 Lincoln Mark VIII - Consumer Review

Base Coupe (4.6L V8 4-speed Automatic)

What a Luxury Car Should (REALLY) Be
By Chris M on

1996 Lincoln Mark VIII 2dr Coupe

Excellent car--looked great, powerful, wonderful seats and interior. The perfect car for highway cruising, handled well for its size too and the air suspension provides a comfortable but not floaty ride. The 32v V8 is one of Ford's best engine designs, smooth and lots of power. The shape still looks contemporary 10 years down the road, and the interior design is the best of any car I've owned. Beautiful and functional. Safe, too, mine was totaled in an accident and I walked away without a scratch. I miss it...would have bought another had I been able to find a low-mileage example. Destined to become a classic, and hopefully I'll have another one by then...

Favorite Features

Excellent seats, elegant exterior styling, real wood trim inside, silky and powerful V8 engine, smooth, comfortable ride, traction control and useful info. center.

Suggested Improvements

Air suspension can be problematic, headlights are atrocious (the HIDs on the LSC were *much* better), city MPG isn't too good.