Used 1996 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Mark VIII model:

Awesome Car
By luvthiscar

1996 Lincoln Mark VIII Coupe LSC 2dr Coupe

This car is already over 13 years old and still kicks the snot out of 80 percent of the new cars on the road today. Why Lincoln stopped making these Ill never know, this is my 5th one. The people who own these cars NEVER get rid of them. Still looks modern 14 years later. If you get a chance to own one of these you will see to, and never get rid of it.

Favorite Features

Mileage, Performance, BIG MOONROOF that slides all way back into roof or pops up like normal.

Suggested Improvements

If you get the base model without HID headlights, you will be disappointed by the nighttime driving. The headlight insides were a poor design from the start. Other than that, this is by far an awesome car once you put new High Intensity Headlights into it.

True classic
By V

1996 Lincoln Mark VIII Coupe LSC 2dr Coupe

I've enjoyed this vehicle to the limits. 220,000 miles and still very strong. Trans rebuilt at 150,000 along with some air suspension/electrical repairs. Rust is beginning to take over however i just wont part with it until its done!

Favorite Features

Power, look, handling.

Suggested Improvements

Stock radios are horrible! component systems should be an option also the air suspension is over rated.

Comfort with performance and economy.
By Ron Thexton

1996 Lincoln Mark VIII Coupe LSC 2dr Coupe

Great all around car, much fewer problems with this model than with previous cad eldorado's.

Favorite Features

26 mpg all electronic gadgets. power to pass when needed.

Suggested Improvements

Sorry they don't make this model any more.

I love this car!
By Sassy

1996 Lincoln Mark VIII Coupe LSC 2dr Coupe

Decent mileage for what it is, 22-24MPG on average. If you like to feel the road and enjoy driving without being in a true 2-seater - this is the car! I've had mine almost 10-years now; just turned 70,000. It's been super reliable - did have to replace a headlight - not cheap! The Toreador Red Clearcoat, chrome wheels, and moon roof make it a real head-turner. She sure doesn't look her age and gets compliments almost daily. I prefer its tight, somewhat stiff ride to the mushy rides of the Town Car and Cadillacs - I feel like I'm in a "grown-up" Corvette (which I drove for a few years). Just wish they still made these cars - can you tell I'm really attached? A joy to drive!

Favorite Features

I love its power - the way it "sits- down" when I accelerate and the "squall" of the engine when my foot hits the gas pedal on the open road. I love its style - it's a classy, sporty, car that should become a "classic". No wonder Ford is going broke - they stopped making the best thing they had!

Suggested Improvements

Improvements - that's a moot point since they don't make these anymore! If they did, a better headlight system, some interior amenity changes (1 cup holder is rather stingy). And, of course, Navigation/GPS.

great economy for 3oo hp
By Ron Thexton

1996 Lincoln Mark VIII Coupe LSC 2dr Coupe

this car consistently get's 26-28 miles per gallon, that is at 70 mph and ac running. We average over 400 miles a tank on 18 gallons. Great power for passing on 2 lane roads, we currently have 88k on this automobile and i have no intention of getting rid of it.

Favorite Features

A real sweet ride and comfortable on long trips.

Suggested Improvements

some weak points on the electronics and headlight costs.