1996 Lincoln Mark VIII Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mark VIII model:
Awesome Car
By luvthiscar on 11/26/10 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Lincoln Mark VIII Coupe LSC 2dr Coupe

This car is already over 13 years old and still kicks the snot out of 80 percent of the new cars on the road today. Why Lincoln stopped making these Ill never know, this is my 5th one. The people who own these cars NEVER get rid of them. Still looks modern 14 years later. If you get a chance to own one of these you will see to, and never get rid of it.

True classic
By V on 03/12/07 06:23 AM (PDT)

1996 Lincoln Mark VIII Coupe LSC 2dr Coupe

I've enjoyed this vehicle to the limits. 220,000 miles and still very strong. Trans rebuilt at 150,000 along with some air suspension/electrical repairs. Rust is beginning to take over however i just wont part with it until its done!

Comfort with performance and economy.
By Ron Thexton on 09/25/06 05:10 AM (PDT)

1996 Lincoln Mark VIII Coupe LSC 2dr Coupe

Great all around car, much fewer problems with this model than with previous cad eldorado's.

I love this car!
By Sassy on 08/06/06 19:27 PM (PDT)

1996 Lincoln Mark VIII Coupe LSC 2dr Coupe

Decent mileage for what it is, 22-24MPG on average. If you like to feel the road and enjoy driving without being in a true 2-seater - this is the car! I've had mine almost 10-years now; just turned 70,000. It's been super reliable - did have to replace a headlight - not cheap! The Toreador Red Clearcoat, chrome wheels, and moon roof make it a real head-turner. She sure doesn't look her age and gets compliments almost daily. I prefer its tight, somewhat stiff ride to the mushy rides of the Town Car and Cadillacs - I feel like I'm in a "grown-up" Corvette (which I drove for a few years). Just wish they still made these cars - can you tell I'm really attached? A joy to drive!

great economy for 3oo hp
By Ron Thexton on 07/11/06 07:37 AM (PDT)

1996 Lincoln Mark VIII Coupe LSC 2dr Coupe

this car consistently get's 26-28 miles per gallon, that is at 70 mph and ac running. We average over 400 miles a tank on 18 gallons. Great power for passing on 2 lane roads, we currently have 88k on this automobile and i have no intention of getting rid of it.

Nice Car!
By ROCK on 03/04/06 13:17 PM (PST)

1996 Lincoln Mark VIII Coupe LSC 2dr Coupe

The LSC is outstanding. For a 10 year old car with over 100,000 miles on it, the car drives like new. All of the bells and whistles, and there are many, operate perfectly. I still think the body shape is still simply stunning. Plenty of power and great handling for a car of this weight. The LSC model produces an extra 10 horsepower. Because this car was Fords best thing to roll off the assembly line, I predict it will someday be a classic. It is a true personal American muscle car.

Fun and sporty
By christians0987 on 09/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Lincoln Mark VIII Coupe LSC 2dr Coupe

I bought my Mark LSC as a second car for commuting (talked my wife into it) and since than it's the only car I drive. I love the HID headlight and all the features but most of all the power... and lot's of it. After about 4 mo the only thing I had to change was the oil. The engine and the transmission are still very powerfull although it has 125000 miles on it. The car has all the features in working conditions. If you have a chance to buy do not hesitate it's worth it. I know mine was.

King Mark the VIIIth
By Mark VIII on 05/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Lincoln Mark VIII Coupe LSC 2dr Coupe

I'm the proud owner of a pre-owned 1996 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC. I've got to say that Ford Motor Company really hit the nail on the head with this vehicle. It drives, looks, accelerates, and handles beautifully. It's a shame that today's fads have forced auto manufacturers to make their once spacious, powerful sports coupes into closets on wheels. If Ford had to reduce the size of the T- bird & replace the Mark VIII with the LS to compete with the imports, they should've at least left one big sporty car. This car is - was - nearly perfect in every way. I fully support a Mark IX built on the same concept - big, fast, sleek, and luxurious.

Great car
By hegemon on 03/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Lincoln Mark VIII Coupe LSC 2dr Coupe

This car is a great bang for the buck used. There is no other purchase that will give you as much car as this one.

just havin fun
By dthomp on 07/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Lincoln Mark VIII Coupe LSC 2dr Coupe

I have had this car for 4 months now, this car is excellent on the highway. I learn something new everyday about this car. It looks good, and drives good. Even for this to be a older car, it still have all the luxory features of a brand new car.