1996 Lincoln Mark VIII - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mark VIII model:
Awesome Car
By luvthiscar on 11/26/10 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC 2dr Coupe

This car is already over 13 years old and still kicks the snot out of 80 percent of the new cars on the road today. Why Lincoln stopped making these Ill never know, this is my 5th one. The people who own these cars NEVER get rid of them. Still looks modern 14 years later. If you get a chance to own one of these you will see to, and never get rid of it.

My second Mark, these are great cars
By mmtphoto on 03/18/08 16:55 PM (PDT)

1996 Lincoln Mark VIII 2dr Coupe

Quick with a 4.6 DOHC all aluminum, and with mods like exhaust work, different rearratio with limited slip, air intake mods this is a low 14 second car, and there is virtually nothing on the road that can roll with it. It handles great expecially for a big car, and is beautiful with lots of style and design innovations. Air ride is nice but not dependable-you have to figure on replacing components every 6 to 8 years. Headlights are a joke, but HID kits on ebay cost $77 and are simple to install, so that problem is history now. Still able to get parts, but the 96 is the most unique and rare, so this'll be an issue one day. I will always have one-great car!

Lincoln sweet heart
By Jeff on 01/15/08 17:36 PM (PST)

1996 Lincoln Mark VIII 2dr Coupe

My 96 Lincoln stills feels a tight as the day I brought it home. With 90,000 miles it still drives, runs and looks like a new car. Never had any problems. My only complaint is the headlights are a bit dim.

True classic
By V on 03/12/07 06:23 AM (PDT)

1996 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC 2dr Coupe

I've enjoyed this vehicle to the limits. 220,000 miles and still very strong. Trans rebuilt at 150,000 along with some air suspension/electrical repairs. Rust is beginning to take over however i just wont part with it until its done!

What a Luxury Car Should (REALLY) Be
By Chris M on 12/17/06 23:52 PM (PST)

1996 Lincoln Mark VIII 2dr Coupe

Excellent car--looked great, powerful, wonderful seats and interior. The perfect car for highway cruising, handled well for its size too and the air suspension provides a comfortable but not floaty ride. The 32v V8 is one of Ford's best engine designs, smooth and lots of power. The shape still looks contemporary 10 years down the road, and the interior design is the best of any car I've owned. Beautiful and functional. Safe, too, mine was totaled in an accident and I walked away without a scratch. I miss it...would have bought another had I been able to find a low-mileage example. Destined to become a classic, and hopefully I'll have another one by then...

Comfort with performance and economy.
By Ron Thexton on 09/25/06 05:10 AM (PDT)

1996 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC 2dr Coupe

Great all around car, much fewer problems with this model than with previous cad eldorado's.

I love this car!
By Sassy on 08/06/06 19:27 PM (PDT)

1996 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC 2dr Coupe

Decent mileage for what it is, 22-24MPG on average. If you like to feel the road and enjoy driving without being in a true 2-seater - this is the car! I've had mine almost 10-years now; just turned 70,000. It's been super reliable - did have to replace a headlight - not cheap! The Toreador Red Clearcoat, chrome wheels, and moon roof make it a real head-turner. She sure doesn't look her age and gets compliments almost daily. I prefer its tight, somewhat stiff ride to the mushy rides of the Town Car and Cadillacs - I feel like I'm in a "grown-up" Corvette (which I drove for a few years). Just wish they still made these cars - can you tell I'm really attached? A joy to drive!

great economy for 3oo hp
By Ron Thexton on 07/11/06 07:37 AM (PDT)

1996 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC 2dr Coupe

this car consistently get's 26-28 miles per gallon, that is at 70 mph and ac running. We average over 400 miles a tank on 18 gallons. Great power for passing on 2 lane roads, we currently have 88k on this automobile and i have no intention of getting rid of it.

Nice Car!
By ROCK on 03/04/06 13:17 PM (PST)

1996 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC 2dr Coupe

The LSC is outstanding. For a 10 year old car with over 100,000 miles on it, the car drives like new. All of the bells and whistles, and there are many, operate perfectly. I still think the body shape is still simply stunning. Plenty of power and great handling for a car of this weight. The LSC model produces an extra 10 horsepower. Because this car was Fords best thing to roll off the assembly line, I predict it will someday be a classic. It is a true personal American muscle car.

The red rooster
By JOE-BUZZ on 11/27/05 13:21 PM (PST)

1996 Lincoln Mark VIII 2dr Coupe

The best part of this car is it's acceleration...Like a rocket. The worst part is the headlights...I would be better off with two flashlights it's also a little tight in the driver's seat and the passengers seat but i'm 6'2" and need the height and width.