Used 1995 Lincoln Mark VIII Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Mark VIII model:

Mark 8
By Julian

1995 Lincoln Mark VIII 2dr Coupe

This is a great car! I've only had it a few months, but I'm pretty happy with it! I have been looking at the Mark 8 since I was in my 20's, and had the chance to get one (now that I'm 35!). It wasn't really my first choice when I started car shopping, but more like my 4th or 5th, you know, because today they are becoming harder to find with age. (My goal in mind was to find a full size auto with 2 doors and a V-8!) Once I found one, in a very popular color, red, I was really impressed! Lincoln has out done itself again with this model! Being the previous owner of a 2 door Mark 6, I can see that the 8 is light years ahead! It's too bad that this model is out of production today.

so far so good
By dish

1995 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC 2dr Coupe

i haven't had this car very long, only 2 weeks, but i'm definitely enjoying it so far. :)

Favorite Features

the ride

Suggested Improvements

head lights are not very bright,already have a problem with door ajar light. think my son might have pulled on passenger side handle too hard. :(

1995 Mark VIII Black Beauty a Jem!
By Gordon

1995 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC 2dr Coupe

I purchased this car as a winter beater to drive to and from work, but never expected to fall in love with it! I have a number of Ford collector cars and have had pretty much everything American, Japanese, German etc. This car is bullet proof at 160,000 miles and untouched it will blow the doors off just about anything new on the road and give a good run to most anything else out there. It has an electronic power chip and cranks out about 350 horse but easy on gas. 50% black tint on glass, new stereo with original JBL system is excellent. I think I have another classic car on my hands!

Favorite Features

Sexy good looks, styling second to nothing on the road, interior cockpit is the best ever. Seating is comfortable, trac control perfect, elegant comfort for 4 in drag capable vehilce. Short turning radius and computer controlled suspension perfect. Unbelievably fast for such a large car.

Suggested Improvements

I would imporve the headlight system but a good set of driving lamps below the front bumper solved that problem. How do you imporve on perfection?

Buy this sleeping beast
By Eric McCarty

1995 Lincoln Mark VIII 2dr Coupe

I bought this car after owning over 9 Fords and a Lincoln Mark VII. This car has nothing but reliability, comfort, and power. Now has 120,000 miles and nothing but balljoints replaced by me at home. Chip, exhaust, and air system added for over 300 horsies. Will crack 2nd gear in an auto. Ma and Pa have a 1995 Z-28, my car will spank it. Me and the wife and kids take it on vacations with much comfort and little complaining. Awesome air conditioning, awsome MPG up to 28 MPG. Air ride system still original. Car has DVD player with JBL sound, sounds like you are in a theater. All of this for a car that I bought for 2300. Pearl paint not faded. Great power options.

Favorite Features

The power. A few add ons and over 300 horsies and 28 MPG, modern day muscle car. This car doesn't look fast but will smoke a lot of cars. Comfort is unmatched. Great air, standard leather seats, dual power seats, lumbar, information center, HID head lights, low maintenance.

Suggested Improvements

Should make this car again. Could not afford new when it cam out at $40,000 something dollars, but can some years later at $2300.00. Worth the used wait. More than 1 cup holder would be nice. Other than that only a jet engine would make this car better.

Best Car Ever
By Blackhawk

1995 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC 2dr Coupe

I bought this car as a daily driver but knew it was probably one of the nicest cars ever built by any company. The styling, performance and quality of this vehicle is way beyond anything built before or since. I am sure this is a classic car in the making. The Cobra engine has 4 cam shafts, 32 valves, and port fuel injection makes it untouchable. I would buy another one if they still made them but you can't kill this bulletproof engine as long as you maintain it.

Favorite Features

The body styling. Low, sleek good looks with the stylized continental "hump in the trunk" makes truly a Lincoln. 34 mpg on the highway at 65 mph what more can you ask for? Yes mine is black. There is no other color to have on a Mark VIII.

Suggested Improvements

Better head lighting system.