Great Cars - Bring them back
By cg on
1994 Lincoln Mark VIII 2dr Coupe
I bought mine in pretty rough shape from a freind at work. Tranny bad, brakes pulled severly to right, a few interior quarks. But the price was right $1k. I put about $2k into it to make it right. It has been extremely reliable. Exceptionally comforable. Very safe with it's weight and dual airbags. Power is excellent. handling is great. All in all both my wife and I both fight over who's going to drive the Mark each day. It's 12 years old and we have 2 new cars to drive. We just love it! In fact, I recently bought a 93 so that we can each have our own. There are quarks in the Mark, but what car does not have quartks? I was never a Ford or Lincoln fan but now converted.
Favorite Features
Seats (most comfortable I ever sat in). Handling, Milage, POWER, Trunk Space, Power everything. Car is smart too: Auto lights, keypad, etc. Interior is laid out like a cockpit, everything faces the driver...nice. Best brakes I have ever seen, smooth, quite, responsive.
Suggested Improvements
Headlights could be better. Perhaps clear lenses. Lincoln NEEDS to bring this car back! Change your fluids as necessary and this car will last you a long time. (Especially the tranny fluid, use Mercon V)