Used 1994 Lincoln Mark VIII Consumer Reviews - 24 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Lincoln Mark VIII - Consumer Reviews

1994 Lincoln Mark VIII

Base 4.6L V8 4-speed Automatic - (24 reviews )

Hot Rod
By Michael Draughn

1994 Lincoln Mark VIII 2dr Coupe

This was the Hot Rod of it day! Designed to compete with Lexus & Cadillac!! The Mark VIII is the best Lincoln made from 1993 thru 1998. It also has the 4 cam v8 which most police & State Patrol use! Great Car !!! Lincoln Should redesign & reproduce this auto!! Still getting 19+ mpg. A six speed tranny would help over the 4 speed! I wish I had a dozen of them!!

Interior size--comfort-- power to move when needed!! Im a big man & this is a man's car!! Love the 10 disc cd/cassette/am/fm & sound system

Upgrade to Air ride suspension Can get aftermarket air struts @ performance suspension systems @ 866-air ride Retail very poorly rated !! Ive got $10000 in mine & wont sell it for $15000 This car cost 32000+ new

Great Cars - Bring them back
By cg

1994 Lincoln Mark VIII 2dr Coupe

I bought mine in pretty rough shape from a freind at work. Tranny bad, brakes pulled severly to right, a few interior quarks. But the price was right $1k. I put about $2k into it to make it right. It has been extremely reliable. Exceptionally comforable. Very safe with it's weight and dual airbags. Power is excellent. handling is great. All in all both my wife and I both fight over who's going to drive the Mark each day. It's 12 years old and we have 2 new cars to drive. We just love it! In fact, I recently bought a 93 so that we can each have our own. There are quarks in the Mark, but what car does not have quartks? I was never a Ford or Lincoln fan but now converted.

Seats (most comfortable I ever sat in). Handling, Milage, POWER, Trunk Space, Power everything. Car is smart too: Auto lights, keypad, etc. Interior is laid out like a cockpit, everything faces the driver...nice. Best brakes I have ever seen, smooth, quite, responsive.

Headlights could be better. Perhaps clear lenses. Lincoln NEEDS to bring this car back! Change your fluids as necessary and this car will last you a long time. (Especially the tranny fluid, use Mercon V)

Great car last of the luxury cpes
By FRANK ROSA

1994 Lincoln Mark VIII 2dr Coupe

Owned since new....Very few problems,great design,super smooth,high tech interior,great highway car,sorry they don't make the mark any more

Dash, front grill,seats

Make them again

Great design
By my1stmark

1994 Lincoln Mark VIII 2dr Coupe

This is my first Mark that I have purchased. I would suggest this car to anyone looking for performance, value, and sporty. There are some issues to contend with such as the terrible headlights that burn the reflective material inside the lights, and the cracking of the buttons on the climate control. The only other complaint is finding parts for this car. (Thanks eBay) Other than those issues, this car has been reliable, fun to drive, and depending on your driving habits can be quite fuel efficient. (I have seen 30 mpg on a long highway ride!) The air suspension makes this car ride like a foreign car, and the power is just incredible.

Engine power, fuel efficiency, did I mention power? The suspension, handling, and ride are worth the extra to keep it running prefect. It is an incredible car to have for such a small price!

As this car is no longer in production, I see this as moot, but it would be nice to have Lincoln revive the Mark Series, and not the truck labeled the Mark. (Good way to kill a model name!) It is a must to replace the headlights with HIDs while they are still available!

Devil in Disguise
By joeymarino

1994 Lincoln Mark VIII 2dr Coupe

The car is an absolute pleasure to drive, The engine packs a large punch when you step on the accelerator. With its 280-290 hoursepower it accelarates faster than a new Mustang GT. Many people look at is as an old man's car but when you drive it it's anything but=)

Superior handleing and performance

I'm sitting here trying to think of something i dont like about the car and All i can think of is, I wish that the headlights could be brighter for night driving aside from that I cant think of anything else