Used 1994 Lincoln Mark VIII Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Lincoln Mark-viii - Consumer Reviews

1994 Lincoln Mark VIII Coupe

Base 4.6L V8 4-speed Automatic - (23 reviews )

Dream car
By caristo

1994 Lincoln Mark VIII Coupe 2dr Coupe

I've had two mark VIII's in my life. I haven't had a big problem with either car. I had a 97 Lsc and a 94. My 94 i picked up for a 1000 and i literally have not had to replace anything besides brakes and tires.

Favorite Features

It's got a lot of power. I love the way the car looks. My 94 gets 26 mpg right now. My favorite has to be that original air ride though, it's so smooth

Suggested Improvements

My only suggestion would be to bring it back. Such a beautiful car. I have no idea what Lincoln was thinking

Lots of Bang for a Buck
By Stephen Bowers

1994 Lincoln Mark VIII Coupe 2dr Coupe

I paid $1,900 for my MkVIII with 168k miles and its still very strong in all aspects. Had to repair the power windows ($40 in parts) Needs paint due to flaking clear coat, Needs a Water Pump but otherwise perfect. I cannot imagine why the retail is so low on this fantastic muscle car but Im thankful, which means I can buy another just for drag racing. I have made some mods to the exhaust which really makes it sound as powerful as it really is. This car is SOO MUCH FUN that I still grin and giggle every time I mash that gas pedal down and get sent back in my seat. What else can you buy car wise for under $2,000 that is soo much fun.

Favorite Features

Smooth Power, Glass smooth Shifting, Luxury car with the feel of a muscle car.

Suggested Improvements

Headlights are very bad on this car by nature, design flaw by lincoln.

My hot Rod Lincoln
By Fred

1994 Lincoln Mark VIII Coupe 2dr Coupe

What a car! Bought this dream vehicle this past week. Dark red with gray leather interior. Rides like a dream, and has plenty of punch when you step on the gas! Total power at your finger tips! And a sun roof to boot! What a gem! Plan to get a lot of Summer "ROAD TRIPS" in my new ride!

Favorite Features

Sun roof, full power and leather! Lots of power!

Suggested Improvements

Brighter head lamps and longer wind sheild wiper blades!

Great car wish they still made them
By E

1994 Lincoln Mark VIII Coupe 2dr Coupe

I bought this car when it was 4 years old. It was the first car that the men in my life had no influence over. My husband thought I loved small cars, boy was he wrong. I love, love this car! When I first bought it, everyone gave it double takes and now after all this time, guys stop in the parking lots asking if I am interested in selling it. 2 years ago I spent $2200 and had a beauty of a new paint job put on it because the orginal was peeling. It drives like a dream and really has great speed and turns on a dime.

Favorite Features

The power and comfort

Suggested Improvements

Get rid of the air ride system, it's been the only bad thing.

Hot Rod
By Michael Draughn

1994 Lincoln Mark VIII Coupe 2dr Coupe

This was the Hot Rod of it day! Designed to compete with Lexus & Cadillac!! The Mark VIII is the best Lincoln made from 1993 thru 1998. It also has the 4 cam v8 which most police & State Patrol use! Great Car !!! Lincoln Should redesign & reproduce this auto!! Still getting 19+ mpg. A six speed tranny would help over the 4 speed! I wish I had a dozen of them!!

Favorite Features

Interior size--comfort-- power to move when needed!! Im a big man & this is a man's car!! Love the 10 disc cd/cassette/am/fm & sound system

Suggested Improvements

Upgrade to Air ride suspension Can get aftermarket air struts @ performance suspension systems @ 866-air ride Retail very poorly rated !! Ive got $10000 in mine & wont sell it for $15000 This car cost 32000+ new