1994 Lincoln Mark VIII - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.6L V8 4-speed Automatic - (23 reviews )
Dream car
By caristo on 11/30/10 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Lincoln Mark VIII 2dr Coupe

I've had two mark VIII's in my life. I haven't had a big problem with either car. I had a 97 Lsc and a 94. My 94 i picked up for a 1000 and i literally have not had to replace anything besides brakes and tires.

Lots of Bang for a Buck
By Stephen Bowers on 04/04/09 20:43 PM (PDT)

1994 Lincoln Mark VIII 2dr Coupe

I paid $1,900 for my MkVIII with 168k miles and its still very strong in all aspects. Had to repair the power windows ($40 in parts) Needs paint due to flaking clear coat, Needs a Water Pump but otherwise perfect. I cannot imagine why the retail is so low on this fantastic muscle car but Im thankful, which means I can buy another just for drag racing. I have made some mods to the exhaust which really makes it sound as powerful as it really is. This car is SOO MUCH FUN that I still grin and giggle every time I mash that gas pedal down and get sent back in my seat. What else can you buy car wise for under $2,000 that is soo much fun.

My hot Rod Lincoln
By Fred on 03/22/09 11:43 AM (PDT)

1994 Lincoln Mark VIII 2dr Coupe

What a car! Bought this dream vehicle this past week. Dark red with gray leather interior. Rides like a dream, and has plenty of punch when you step on the gas! Total power at your finger tips! And a sun roof to boot! What a gem! Plan to get a lot of Summer "ROAD TRIPS" in my new ride!

Great car wish they still made them
By E on 08/16/08 17:32 PM (PDT)

1994 Lincoln Mark VIII 2dr Coupe

I bought this car when it was 4 years old. It was the first car that the men in my life had no influence over. My husband thought I loved small cars, boy was he wrong. I love, love this car! When I first bought it, everyone gave it double takes and now after all this time, guys stop in the parking lots asking if I am interested in selling it. 2 years ago I spent $2200 and had a beauty of a new paint job put on it because the orginal was peeling. It drives like a dream and really has great speed and turns on a dime.

Hot Rod
By Michael Draughn on 12/24/06 15:18 PM (PST)

1994 Lincoln Mark VIII 2dr Coupe

This was the Hot Rod of it day! Designed to compete with Lexus & Cadillac!! The Mark VIII is the best Lincoln made from 1993 thru 1998. It also has the 4 cam v8 which most police & State Patrol use! Great Car !!! Lincoln Should redesign & reproduce this auto!! Still getting 19+ mpg. A six speed tranny would help over the 4 speed! I wish I had a dozen of them!!

Great Cars - Bring them back
By cg on 06/07/06 23:41 PM (PDT)

1994 Lincoln Mark VIII 2dr Coupe

I bought mine in pretty rough shape from a freind at work. Tranny bad, brakes pulled severly to right, a few interior quarks. But the price was right $1k. I put about $2k into it to make it right. It has been extremely reliable. Exceptionally comforable. Very safe with it's weight and dual airbags. Power is excellent. handling is great. All in all both my wife and I both fight over who's going to drive the Mark each day. It's 12 years old and we have 2 new cars to drive. We just love it! In fact, I recently bought a 93 so that we can each have our own. There are quarks in the Mark, but what car does not have quartks? I was never a Ford or Lincoln fan but now converted.

Great car last of the luxury cpes
By FRANK ROSA on 06/11/05 10:18 AM (PDT)

1994 Lincoln Mark VIII 2dr Coupe

Owned since new....Very few problems,great design,super smooth,high tech interior,great highway car,sorry they don't make the mark any more

Great design
By my1stmark on 12/23/04 15:28 PM (PST)

1994 Lincoln Mark VIII 2dr Coupe

This is my first Mark that I have purchased. I would suggest this car to anyone looking for performance, value, and sporty. There are some issues to contend with such as the terrible headlights that burn the reflective material inside the lights, and the cracking of the buttons on the climate control. The only other complaint is finding parts for this car. (Thanks eBay) Other than those issues, this car has been reliable, fun to drive, and depending on your driving habits can be quite fuel efficient. (I have seen 30 mpg on a long highway ride!) The air suspension makes this car ride like a foreign car, and the power is just incredible.

Devil in Disguise
By joeymarino on 12/21/04 22:34 PM (PST)

1994 Lincoln Mark VIII 2dr Coupe

The car is an absolute pleasure to drive, The engine packs a large punch when you step on the accelerator. With its 280-290 hoursepower it accelarates faster than a new Mustang GT. Many people look at is as an old man's car but when you drive it it's anything but=)

Hot Rod Lincoln
By Burgundy_Boat on 06/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Lincoln Mark VIII 2dr Coupe

It's a great car, I'm a 18 year old male and while I could ask for more, I wouldn't really expect to get it. This car is great, power, interior design (did I menition that the cup holder is deep and if the cup fits, you can actually go around a corner?), exterior design, power, and the looks on those punks in their mustang GT's as you wax them at the strip(you know, the "WTF?!?!? A Lincoln just killed me? that can't be right, it's a Lincoln and I have a sports car..." look). The one issue is the headlamps, quite frankly they are worthless. Fortunately, stock HID units from the 96 LSC are a direct replacement.