1993 Lincoln Mark VIII Base Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Lincoln Mark-viii - Consumer Reviews

1993 Mark VIII Consumer Reviews

Base 4.6L V8 4-speed Automatic - (23 reviews )

Sort Reviews by

Great Car !!
By cyoulater

1993 Lincoln Mark VIII Coupe 2dr Coupe

Owned a 1972 Mark IV "Junk".. Later a Mark VII "Great !".. And then finally.. The Mark VIII .. And.. Here is my assement of the Mark VIII.. The Mark 8 is better than the 7 in every way except...... 3 Critical areas... Not sure how Lincoln Managed to do this.. But.. They did.. The Mark 7 has better seats, better headlights, and better Computer. The seats are the sad part since the Mark 8 handles better and the seats are not as good.. The Mark 7 has awesome seats !! The Mark 8 starting in 1997 also has better seats.. But... For the first 3 years of the Mark 8.. Well.. You can not see well at night and the computer functions are less, and the seats will not hold you in place .

Favorite Features

The Mark 8 makes power for sure. I can out pull BMW m3's. The first year Mark 8 had the 295hp 300ft/lbs motor at the rear wheels. This has to be under rated. It was the strongest motor of all the years I think. Transmission shudder is common and can be noticed under very light acceleration. Head lights are not much better than candles. Good news is they can be upgraded for around 100 bucks. Car is reliable.. Chrome strips will peel after time and looks bad.. JBL Stereo is fantastic. You will not find a better sounding Stereo .. It is superb in every way. Speaker placement is spot on. Switches for the AC and Heat are cheap and will crack which looks bad at night when lit.

Suggested Improvements

AC heat Buttons. Even when they crack and look bad, they still function fine.. Just looks bad.. Head lights. No brighter than candles in a Tornado. Transmission Shudder. No big deal.. Just messes with the head Seats need to be better User Computer.. Needs same functions as Mark 7

Not the best
By jason

1993 Lincoln Mark VIII Coupe 2dr Coupe

This vehicle I would classify as OK. Mileage is good for large car. Good power. Lots of mechanical issues though. Mine has 125K actual miles on it now. Air ride is junk and was replaced with aftermarket coil over system. Headlights are useless as a candle in a hurricane. AC needs recharging every 6 months. Lots of front suspension issues. Brakes stink for this heavy of a car. Had a '96 mark at one time and it was first with the HID headlights and one burned out after warranty and it cost me over $800 to replace it. Best thing ford did was put this car to rest.

Favorite Features

Styling, power.

Suggested Improvements

Better headlights, air ride suspension reliability, better brakes.

10 Good Years
By Jim Bell

1993 Lincoln Mark VIII Coupe 2dr Coupe

This car was purchased with 46k miles. I needed a good interstate cruiser to go out of state 400 miles each way on weekends. The Mark 8 performs well to this day. It is my opinion that this particular car is the closest that the Americans have come to Mercedes Benz in all catagories except cost. The Mark 8 stickered for about 42K. The fact that you can pick up a well maintained one for about 5K makes it one of the best deals around. Special features are aluminum components in the rear suspension and a composite hood to reduce weight.

Favorite Features

Independent rear suspension makes it handle corners superbly. Dual overhead cam 4.6 v8 engine same as the Cobra. 0 to 60 in 6.9 seconds as tested by Autoweek I believe. Comfortable all day drive leather seats Outstanding highway mileage up to 32 mpg at 65 mph as provided by a dual throttle intake

Suggested Improvements

Ride is slighty harsh. Good softer compound tires will take care of this.

My Lincoln
By william herrera

1993 Lincoln Mark VIII Coupe 2dr Coupe

This is a fun car to drive. I love the sound of it and the acceleration is so nice. The interior is like sleek and sharp. Being in it I feel protected and I feel that every body else respects me because of what I have. I`ll buy another one if I have to or if I find a good deal.

Favorite Features

The performance of it. The interior. The style of it.

Suggested Improvements

The suspension

Great Car
By John

1993 Lincoln Mark VIII Coupe 2dr Coupe

My step-dad bought this car new and it was money well spent. I picked it up used for $3000 and have loved it since. My only gripe is the gas prices these days, but my foot probably has something to do with my consumption. Aside from that it's a fabulous car I'm proud to drive.

Favorite Features

Air ride suspension, great sound system, comfortable seats, smooth ride.

Suggested Improvements

Better seals on rear window, memory seat location tied to mirrors and a power rear view mirror would be nice also.

Wow what a champ
By Fonzie

1993 Lincoln Mark VIII Coupe 2dr Coupe

Picked this up the other day with only 65k on engine and transmission. Very comfortable, awesome ride, very fast. Good highway gas mileage, city not too bad either. My first car and I love it.

Favorite Features

Engine, comfort, ride.

That's my baby
By Riv

1993 Lincoln Mark VIII Coupe 2dr Coupe

I was the third owner of this vehicle and bought it in November,1997 from an individual who took excellent care. I enjoy driving this car. The pick up and passing is excellent. Steering and brake are good. The car had 76,000 miles when I bought it and as of 12/06 the powertrain has given me no trouble and drives like new at 240,000 miles.

Favorite Features

This car is still a very stylish exterior for a car this old. I get a lot of compliments for a car of this age. The computer information center is very informative, due to I travel long distances. It may never become a classic, but it will be my classic if I decide to keep it.

Suggested Improvements

Replaced air ride system with shocks at 200,000 miles. Anti theft alarm switch shorts after car wash,located in passenger door. Moisture fogs headlights if stored outside in winter with car cover. Very poor traction in snow.

Bring on a Mark 10
By Derek

1993 Lincoln Mark VIII Coupe 2dr Coupe

Car has 158,000 miles now. Engine still runs strong-car passes at will. Fuel economy in the city isn't great but will get 26mpg on the highway cruising at 80 mph with the climate control on maximum air. Sleek, fast and fun car to drive-especially on road trips. Transmission was rebuilt after 12 years with 130,000 miles. Front struts replaced at 115,000. A couple of batteries and a few sets of tires over the years but overall a very reliable car. Car is a 1993, with pearesant paint and every option available for the year. I may get another car one day but this one will never be sold or traded in my life time

Favorite Features

290 hp 32 valve DOHC V8, Interior styling that resembles a runabout. Performance, reliability and highway fuel economy. Poor man's Austin Martin

Suggested Improvements

Bring it back

loved it!
By huaah

1993 Lincoln Mark VIII Coupe 2dr Coupe

I bought this car when it was 3 years old in 1996 and have enjoyed every minute I've owned it, very few mechanical problems and a blast to drive, still looks great, timeless styling, 19 mpg average with the 8 cylinder. this car was a winner and they should have never stopped making it.

Favorite Features

driver's compartment, power

Suggested Improvements

...?

My 93 Lincoln MKVIII
By Ken Wheeler

1993 Lincoln Mark VIII Coupe 2dr Coupe

love the car it gets up n goes,great handling, n superior sound system with 10 dis cd changer in trunk !

Favorite Features

pwr seats ,sunroof, and cool pwr windows

Suggested Improvements

the front air struts