1993 Lincoln Mark VIII - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.6L V8 4-speed Automatic - (23 reviews )
Great Car !!
By cyoulater on 03/26/13 09:52 AM (PDT)

1993 Lincoln Mark VIII 2dr Coupe

Owned a 1972 Mark IV "Junk".. Later a Mark VII "Great !".. And then finally.. The Mark VIII .. And.. Here is my assement of the Mark VIII.. The Mark 8 is better than the 7 in every way except...... 3 Critical areas... Not sure how Lincoln Managed to do this.. But.. They did.. The Mark 7 has better seats, better headlights, and better Computer. The seats are the sad part since the Mark 8 handles better and the seats are not as good.. The Mark 7 has awesome seats !! The Mark 8 starting in 1997 also has better seats.. But... For the first 3 years of the Mark 8.. Well.. You can not see well at night and the computer functions are less, and the seats will not hold you in place .

Not the best
By jason on 07/30/09 06:38 AM (PDT)

1993 Lincoln Mark VIII 2dr Coupe

This vehicle I would classify as OK. Mileage is good for large car. Good power. Lots of mechanical issues though. Mine has 125K actual miles on it now. Air ride is junk and was replaced with aftermarket coil over system. Headlights are useless as a candle in a hurricane. AC needs recharging every 6 months. Lots of front suspension issues. Brakes stink for this heavy of a car. Had a '96 mark at one time and it was first with the HID headlights and one burned out after warranty and it cost me over $800 to replace it. Best thing ford did was put this car to rest.

10 Good Years
By Jim Bell on 12/28/08 19:14 PM (PST)

1993 Lincoln Mark VIII 2dr Coupe

This car was purchased with 46k miles. I needed a good interstate cruiser to go out of state 400 miles each way on weekends. The Mark 8 performs well to this day. It is my opinion that this particular car is the closest that the Americans have come to Mercedes Benz in all catagories except cost. The Mark 8 stickered for about 42K. The fact that you can pick up a well maintained one for about 5K makes it one of the best deals around. Special features are aluminum components in the rear suspension and a composite hood to reduce weight.

My Lincoln
By william herrera on 03/12/08 13:51 PM (PDT)

1993 Lincoln Mark VIII 2dr Coupe

This is a fun car to drive. I love the sound of it and the acceleration is so nice. The interior is like sleek and sharp. Being in it I feel protected and I feel that every body else respects me because of what I have. I`ll buy another one if I have to or if I find a good deal.

Great Car
By John on 02/22/08 09:51 AM (PST)

1993 Lincoln Mark VIII 2dr Coupe

My step-dad bought this car new and it was money well spent. I picked it up used for $3000 and have loved it since. My only gripe is the gas prices these days, but my foot probably has something to do with my consumption. Aside from that it's a fabulous car I'm proud to drive.

Wow what a champ
By Fonzie on 12/24/06 19:33 PM (PST)

1993 Lincoln Mark VIII 2dr Coupe

Picked this up the other day with only 65k on engine and transmission. Very comfortable, awesome ride, very fast. Good highway gas mileage, city not too bad either. My first car and I love it.

That's my baby
By Riv on 12/15/06 22:30 PM (PST)

1993 Lincoln Mark VIII 2dr Coupe

I was the third owner of this vehicle and bought it in November,1997 from an individual who took excellent care. I enjoy driving this car. The pick up and passing is excellent. Steering and brake are good. The car had 76,000 miles when I bought it and as of 12/06 the powertrain has given me no trouble and drives like new at 240,000 miles.

Bring on a Mark 10
By Derek on 08/22/06 16:00 PM (PDT)

1993 Lincoln Mark VIII 2dr Coupe

Car has 158,000 miles now. Engine still runs strong-car passes at will. Fuel economy in the city isn't great but will get 26mpg on the highway cruising at 80 mph with the climate control on maximum air. Sleek, fast and fun car to drive-especially on road trips. Transmission was rebuilt after 12 years with 130,000 miles. Front struts replaced at 115,000. A couple of batteries and a few sets of tires over the years but overall a very reliable car. Car is a 1993, with pearesant paint and every option available for the year. I may get another car one day but this one will never be sold or traded in my life time

loved it!
By huaah on 08/02/06 12:23 PM (PDT)

1993 Lincoln Mark VIII 2dr Coupe

I bought this car when it was 3 years old in 1996 and have enjoyed every minute I've owned it, very few mechanical problems and a blast to drive, still looks great, timeless styling, 19 mpg average with the 8 cylinder. this car was a winner and they should have never stopped making it.

My 93 Lincoln MKVIII
By Ken Wheeler on 10/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Lincoln Mark VIII 2dr Coupe

love the car it gets up n goes,great handling, n superior sound system with 10 dis cd changer in trunk !