Used 1993 Lincoln Mark VIII Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Lincoln Mark-viii - Consumer Reviews

1993 Lincoln Mark VIII

Base 4.6L V8 4-speed Automatic - (23 reviews )

Great Car !!
By cyoulater

1993 Lincoln Mark VIII 2dr Coupe

Owned a 1972 Mark IV "Junk".. Later a Mark VII "Great !".. And then finally.. The Mark VIII .. And.. Here is my assement of the Mark VIII.. The Mark 8 is better than the 7 in every way except...... 3 Critical areas... Not sure how Lincoln Managed to do this.. But.. They did.. The Mark 7 has better seats, better headlights, and better Computer. The seats are the sad part since the Mark 8 handles better and the seats are not as good.. The Mark 7 has awesome seats !! The Mark 8 starting in 1997 also has better seats.. But... For the first 3 years of the Mark 8.. Well.. You can not see well at night and the computer functions are less, and the seats will not hold you in place .

Favorite Features

The Mark 8 makes power for sure. I can out pull BMW m3's. The first year Mark 8 had the 295hp 300ft/lbs motor at the rear wheels. This has to be under rated. It was the strongest motor of all the years I think. Transmission shudder is common and can be noticed under very light acceleration. Head lights are not much better than candles. Good news is they can be upgraded for around 100 bucks. Car is reliable.. Chrome strips will peel after time and looks bad.. JBL Stereo is fantastic. You will not find a better sounding Stereo .. It is superb in every way. Speaker placement is spot on. Switches for the AC and Heat are cheap and will crack which looks bad at night when lit.

Suggested Improvements

AC heat Buttons. Even when they crack and look bad, they still function fine.. Just looks bad.. Head lights. No brighter than candles in a Tornado. Transmission Shudder. No big deal.. Just messes with the head Seats need to be better User Computer.. Needs same functions as Mark 7

Not the best
By jason

1993 Lincoln Mark VIII 2dr Coupe

This vehicle I would classify as OK. Mileage is good for large car. Good power. Lots of mechanical issues though. Mine has 125K actual miles on it now. Air ride is junk and was replaced with aftermarket coil over system. Headlights are useless as a candle in a hurricane. AC needs recharging every 6 months. Lots of front suspension issues. Brakes stink for this heavy of a car. Had a '96 mark at one time and it was first with the HID headlights and one burned out after warranty and it cost me over $800 to replace it. Best thing ford did was put this car to rest.

Favorite Features

Styling, power.

Suggested Improvements

Better headlights, air ride suspension reliability, better brakes.

10 Good Years
By Jim Bell

1993 Lincoln Mark VIII 2dr Coupe

This car was purchased with 46k miles. I needed a good interstate cruiser to go out of state 400 miles each way on weekends. The Mark 8 performs well to this day. It is my opinion that this particular car is the closest that the Americans have come to Mercedes Benz in all catagories except cost. The Mark 8 stickered for about 42K. The fact that you can pick up a well maintained one for about 5K makes it one of the best deals around. Special features are aluminum components in the rear suspension and a composite hood to reduce weight.

Favorite Features

Independent rear suspension makes it handle corners superbly. Dual overhead cam 4.6 v8 engine same as the Cobra. 0 to 60 in 6.9 seconds as tested by Autoweek I believe. Comfortable all day drive leather seats Outstanding highway mileage up to 32 mpg at 65 mph as provided by a dual throttle intake

Suggested Improvements

Ride is slighty harsh. Good softer compound tires will take care of this.

My Lincoln
By william herrera

1993 Lincoln Mark VIII 2dr Coupe

This is a fun car to drive. I love the sound of it and the acceleration is so nice. The interior is like sleek and sharp. Being in it I feel protected and I feel that every body else respects me because of what I have. I`ll buy another one if I have to or if I find a good deal.

Favorite Features

The performance of it. The interior. The style of it.

Suggested Improvements

The suspension

Great Car
By John

1993 Lincoln Mark VIII 2dr Coupe

My step-dad bought this car new and it was money well spent. I picked it up used for $3000 and have loved it since. My only gripe is the gas prices these days, but my foot probably has something to do with my consumption. Aside from that it's a fabulous car I'm proud to drive.

Favorite Features

Air ride suspension, great sound system, comfortable seats, smooth ride.

Suggested Improvements

Better seals on rear window, memory seat location tied to mirrors and a power rear view mirror would be nice also.