Used 2006 Lincoln LS Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Lincoln Ls - Consumer Reviews

Sport 3.9L V8 5-speed Automatic - (42 reviews )

Most Helpful|
2006 Lincoln LS....Great Car!
By GML

2006 Lincoln LS Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

The 2006 LS is a great car that should not have been discontinued! The current MKZ lacks a V8 engine, and therefore, is not as fun to drive. My mother had an '02 LS and an 04' LS. The '06 is fun to drive and has great pick-up and power. The interior is comfortable and well-designed in my opinion. Like the Continental, which was also a great car, Lincoln no longer makes the car. However, if you're looking to buy a used car, then check out the LS!

Favorite Features

280hp V8 engine! Outside styling!

Suggested Improvements

Bring the darn thing back! I don't understand Ford's idea of introducing cars, not updating them enough, and then killing them off only to repeat the same cycle. Idiots!

Excellent Car
By gkhize

2006 Lincoln LS Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I put 150K on a 2001 LS without incident and then traded it for the 2006 with 5K.I have been very happy with this car in every single way and now have over 160K miles on it. The only issue I've had was replacing the thermostat. It's a bit of a challenge and the guy changing it (me) didn't get the housing tight the first time. No issues after that. Runs great, drives great, gets decent mpg and still looks good. I'd buy a new one tomorrow if they still made them.

Favorite Features

Ride, performance (outruns my Mustang GT), looks.

Suggested Improvements

Trunk is a bit small.

Great car except for transmission shift points
By fordblueblood1

2006 Lincoln LS Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Bought a 2006 LS in Dec of 2011, It had 62K on it and I've put about 5K on it to date (9/2013). I like the car. I wanted to buy and American RWD sedan and there weren't many choices. We already own a V8 Charger and I wanted something different. It was a Pontiac G8 or this. G8 would not accommodate my 15 y.o. in the back seat. More cramped. I did have to replace the heater control valve near the radiator. It was blowing hot air from the A/C. A disappointment on a car with only 67K on it. I've had no other issues with the car. It runs well and has lots of power and handles very well. It has a nice firm ride. Fun around off ramps. Very nice THX stereo too. If it wasn't for the trans, I'd be 5's

Favorite Features

The car looks great, This one has all available factory options. It has nice power and handles very well. SLA front suspension, IRS rear and a nearly 50/50 wt distribution according to the Lincoln sales brochure. Nav is easy to use. Bluetooth should have been an option so you'll have to add it yourself. Heated and cooled seats are nice. Kids like heated rears in winter. Engine sounds great. Front seats should have longer seat base. If you have long legs your thighs will hang off the front edge. They are also a bit on the hard side. Rear leg room is better than a 5 series BMW. Trunk is pretty big as well. Rear seats fold. Fit and finish is pretty good. Interior plastic on the console is cheap

Suggested Improvements

First and foremost, The one thing that stands out as my least favorite part of this car is the transmission. The engineer that programmed the shift points on this vehicle should never be allowed to touch a transmission for the rest of his life. It has to be the worst AT I've ever driven. It never kicks down when you need it unless you floor it. Heavy acceleration will lug the engine for a second or two before the car finally figures out you want to get going. You really have to floor it way beyond what I feel is necessary to get it to do what you want. Compared to driving my wife's R/T charger it's abysmal. It has SST mode but it is not very responsive. Too much lag from stick move to shift.

2006 Lincoln ls v8 sport - premium
By Mark

2006 Lincoln LS Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I just purchased a 2006 Lincoln ls v8 sport. 78k miles for $13,000. First off I cannot believe that a car that went for $45,000 just 3 years ago was this cheap! I just got out of an 06 GTO with 400 hp so I was a little skeptical of the 280 hp v8. Premium interior, sound system, power moonroof, advancetrac, heated/cooled seats, are all excellent features. Especially the surround sound . Roomy, comfortable ride! Throttle lags a bit especially in low gears, (compared to gto) very stiff sporty suspension handles nice and most other performance is as advertised.

Favorite Features

Heated seats, sound system, user friendly controls, sounds nice for luxury sedan.

Suggested Improvements

Bring it back!

American Muscle and Style
By Manny

2006 Lincoln LS Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Picked up a pre-owned 2006 with 32k on it. Love the ride, acceleration, and the interior. I'm tired of all the gadgetry in all the other cars. I just want to drive, not be freaking entertained. Love the SelectShift and blowing the doors off of Beemers.

Favorite Features

Everything