2006 Lincoln LS Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Sport 3.9L V8 5-speed Automatic - (42 reviews )
Excellent Car
By gkhize on 01/26/14 16:17 PM (PST)

2006 Lincoln LS Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I put 150K on a 2001 LS without incident and then traded it for the 2006 with 5K.I have been very happy with this car in every single way and now have over 160K miles on it. The only issue I've had was replacing the thermostat. It's a bit of a challenge and the guy changing it (me) didn't get the housing tight the first time. No issues after that. Runs great, drives great, gets decent mpg and still looks good. I'd buy a new one tomorrow if they still made them.

Great car except for transmission shift points
By fordblueblood1 on 09/08/13 22:42 PM (PDT)

2006 Lincoln LS Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Bought a 2006 LS in Dec of 2011, It had 62K on it and I've put about 5K on it to date (9/2013). I like the car. I wanted to buy and American RWD sedan and there weren't many choices. We already own a V8 Charger and I wanted something different. It was a Pontiac G8 or this. G8 would not accommodate my 15 y.o. in the back seat. More cramped. I did have to replace the heater control valve near the radiator. It was blowing hot air from the A/C. A disappointment on a car with only 67K on it. I've had no other issues with the car. It runs well and has lots of power and handles very well. It has a nice firm ride. Fun around off ramps. Very nice THX stereo too. If it wasn't for the trans, I'd be 5's

DON'T BUY AN LINCOLN LS
By jen0 on 07/10/13 05:32 AM (PDT)

2006 Lincoln LS Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Worst car I HAVE EVER OWNED - If I got into all the details and probs I'd be here ALL DAY. Put it this way, check engine light was on so many times in the 6 years I owned I can't even recall how many times. Check charging alert - replaced the $200 alternator and $130 battery and STILL ON. This car is an ELECTRONIC NIGHTMARE - I wish I had got rid of this MONEY PIT before I found out my rear A-frame was rotted out beyond fixing, won't pass inspection and isn't safe. Oh and lets not forget it's 17" tires get CHEWED through like nothing I have ever seen before- can't even find a decent tire with decent tread rating all below 500. OMG I get hives just thinking about that hunk of crap 02 LS V8

American Muscle and Style
By Manny on 05/24/10 10:22 AM (PDT)

2006 Lincoln LS Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Picked up a pre-owned 2006 with 32k on it. Love the ride, acceleration, and the interior. I'm tired of all the gadgetry in all the other cars. I just want to drive, not be freaking entertained. Love the SelectShift and blowing the doors off of Beemers.

2006 Lincoln ls v8 sport - premium
By Mark on 03/04/10 19:45 PM (PST)

2006 Lincoln LS Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I just purchased a 2006 Lincoln ls v8 sport. 78k miles for $13,000. First off I cannot believe that a car that went for $45,000 just 3 years ago was this cheap! I just got out of an 06 GTO with 400 hp so I was a little skeptical of the 280 hp v8. Premium interior, sound system, power moonroof, advancetrac, heated/cooled seats, are all excellent features. Especially the surround sound . Roomy, comfortable ride! Throttle lags a bit especially in low gears, (compared to gto) very stiff sporty suspension handles nice and most other performance is as advertised.

2006 Lincoln LS....Great Car!
By GML on 08/04/08 14:26 PM (PDT)

2006 Lincoln LS Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

The 2006 LS is a great car that should not have been discontinued! The current MKZ lacks a V8 engine, and therefore, is not as fun to drive. My mother had an '02 LS and an 04' LS. The '06 is fun to drive and has great pick-up and power. The interior is comfortable and well-designed in my opinion. Like the Continental, which was also a great car, Lincoln no longer makes the car. However, if you're looking to buy a used car, then check out the LS!

First LS
By MSWheel on 04/14/08 06:24 AM (PDT)

2006 Lincoln LS Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

This is my first luxury sedan. I've owned many sports cars and had trucks as my daily drivers. The latest sedan that I have owned is a 2006 Grand Prix, so my comparison will be based on that car. The LS is a very fun car and as it is used, it only has 4500 miles on it. The power level from the small V8 pushing 4K pounds is very substantial and smooth. The ride quality is very good and allows quick response during any situation and speed. As far as the interior goes I will have to agree that there should have been more effort from the designers in allowing more/better adjustments for the drivers seat, it just seems a little flat compared to the other vehicles I have had, inc the trucks.

Road car heaven
By Ian on 04/13/08 10:20 AM (PDT)

2006 Lincoln LS Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

This is the car I have been looking for. In a world of front wheel drive sedans the rear wheel LS is a breath of fresh air. I had the fortunate experience of driving my new LS back to back wih my brother in laws BMW 535 IX. The BMW was a little faster, a little quieter and a little more agile - but not by much. Certainly not enough to justify the huge price difference. The LS handles well and looks good. I had the pleasure of driving a 2003 V6 model on a solo road trip from Florida to Michigan a few years ago and never tired of getting back in after a long days drive. A great driver's car. My 2006 V8 is even better and I like it more each time I drive it.

Lincoln LS
By LS lover on 04/10/08 19:52 PM (PDT)

2006 Lincoln LS Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

The Lincoln LS is the absolute most fun vehicle I have owned. I love taking this car on long distance trips more than I do our Lexus GS430. The seats are the absolute most comfortable I have had the pleasure of sitting in. The styling is great, the interior is even better. This is the second LS I have owned. THe only downfall I see is repair costs when something needs to be replaced. Every part on this car seems to be more expensive than the average car...including oil changes. Nonetheless, I would buy a third LS!

Fits Me
By Good Looking on 03/27/08 11:56 AM (PDT)

2006 Lincoln LS Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I have had my LS since April of 06. Bought it brand spanking new. I traded my Mercury Mountaineer for it because I wanted a car something sporty for a 40+ yr old female, good looking. It growled at me at the dealership showroom. The performance is excellent. It will git up an go. The color, Silver/Platinum nice. Now, the only problem I have is the rumbling noise in the dash. Supposedly it is coming from air in the heater line?

1 2 3 4 5 next »

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.