2005 Lincoln LS - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LS model:
can't wait to trade it in
By lisa on 09/12/09 13:44 PM (PDT)

2005 Lincoln LS Sport 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

The Lincoln LS looks very impressive. It gets a lot of attention and needs alot of attention. It has been nothing but a money pit ever since I bought it. Within one week I had two coils repaired( very expensive). From little things to more expensive stuff, it's something every week. I recently stopped by an auto parts store (again) for help with the broken screws on the traction button that had broke. The men committed how the car looked nice. I replied, "want to buy it?" They laughed and said "NO WAY! Those are nothing but lemons!" Wish I had heard that before I made the mistake of buying it.

Airbags I agree...
By Patrick B... on 08/17/09 08:18 AM (PDT)

2005 Lincoln LS Sport 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I have owned a 2000LS 3.9V8 in 2006, it had around 100K miles and had a fatal wreck...I coded out twice on the way to the hosp., yes I slid off the road and into a ditch, rolled into a tumble, in to a tree...Photos upon request, NO airbag deployment at all. 24days in the hospital, many broken bones yet IF I would have been in a foreign vehicle, I truely feel that I would not be alive. I just purchased my used 2005LS V8 with 60K mile on it and feel safer now then ever before. regardless of airbags, this is a very safe car. so I do agree with "Stacy M" "have airbags checked" and Lincoln please bring the LS back. Patrick...

Fun to drive
By Vince on 07/01/09 14:05 PM (PDT)

2005 Lincoln LS Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I'm a 20 year old male who went from a 1999 Mercury Sable LS to a 2005 Lincoln LS V6 Luxury. The exterior of the car is just great. It's a very sharp looking car that turns heads. The base audio system puts out a good amount of power. It gives a very comfortable drive in town and on long highway trips. Car really hugs the road on winding and hilly roads. Not up to par with the European industry leaders, but good for what it is.

Great Car as long as you don't wreck
By Stacy M on 06/14/09 07:29 AM (PDT)

2005 Lincoln LS Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I loved driving the Lincoln LS-Great Car!But accidently ran off road dodging deer, car slide down incline & hit covert. When car flipped 3 to 4 times completely totalling out car the only airbag that deployed was passenger's side front. Car nose dived on driver's side flipping & hit every point on car but the steering wheel nor side airbags ever deployed. Lucky to be alive! If you own a Lincoln LS have airbags checked-end this accident I was informed all airbags should've deployed that would've help prevent alot of pain & stay in hospital.

Great buy, nice car
By michaelait on 03/23/09 15:13 PM (PDT)

2005 Lincoln LS Sport 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased this LS more or less blind. I went to the dealership looking at Fusions. The salesman showed this to me. I drove it and was impressed. A doctor had owned it, it is loaded, he left it very clean. I love the power of the v8 and the rear drive. The tranny is very smooth as is the acceleration. Seats, although flat, are comfortable. They are heated and cooled which is nice. The handling is exceptional, it has a very tight turning radius. It cruises very well at 85 and 90. I averaged 25.5 miles on a trip to Texas, which I thought was darned good for a v8. I have two complaints: the AM radio reception is weak, and I do experience some valve chatter during hard acceleration.

Good Stuff
By Marjan on 03/12/09 17:31 PM (PDT)

2005 Lincoln LS Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased with 13K on it, coming off lease. Great price as these cars don't hold their value. Great value if you plan on driving it for 10 years like I do. Bang for the buck, much better than comparable BMW, Acura, Lexus and Mercedes products. I'm very happy with this product so far.

Sports Sedan
By Jiggs on 02/24/09 18:55 PM (PST)

2005 Lincoln LS Sport 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

What a great sedan! It's good looking, well built, handles like a BMW and is surprisingly affordable. Why Lincoln didn't just continue to improve and fine tune it instead of stopping production in 2006 is beyond me.

Lincoln LS Luxury with attitude
By Doug on 12/11/08 16:19 PM (PST)

2005 Lincoln LS Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Prior to buying this vehicle the only concern I had was fuel economy. Turns out this car does well on long trips. Just did a drive from British Columbia to Yuma return. On the average I got approx. 26 MPG. If you use the power you pay the price. Hold it under 70 MPH and you'll be happy. I bought this vehicle as a lease return I cannot find anything wrong with the car, however I took it in for some minor repairs and was pleased with my treatment from Ford. I have owned about 15 new Fords over the past 30 years. I am not the least disappointed in this car. It is a treat to drive & gets lots of compliments. Handles well in snow.

Love My LS
By Chris C. on 10/07/08 14:05 PM (PDT)

2005 Lincoln LS Sport 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

We were looking for a Mustang, but deciding it was not right for our family, we found our 2005 LS sitting on the lot. It was owned by a Ford executive and was originally registered to Ford. The car has all the power I could want with the comfort my wife loves. We got a great deal on the car with full warranty. After owning foreign cars for the past several years, I am really hooked on the good old American cars again. If I were to buy a new car, it would most likely be the LS replacement, the Lincoln MKS. Only major problem with the car is the reverse warning stopped working. Took it to dealer and the sensor unit was replaced under warranty and in 1 day.

Excellent car for anyone
By sheri on 09/03/08 09:08 AM (PDT)

2005 Lincoln LS Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car new and have no problems whatsoever. It handles nice, very comfortable on long trips and even my 30 yr old daughter loves driving it. very nice interior, roomy trunk, and it has enough power for all driving speeds. It is even good on fuel economy. Stereo speakers very good quality. I have driven this car back and forth from California to Texas and back on a few occassions and the car has given me a most pleasurable trips. It handles very well for a midsize car. I feel that anyone who drives this car will enjoy the experience, the ride, comfort and all the little extras, I have. I have had nothing but compliments on my car.