Used 2005 Lincoln LS Consumer Reviews - 65 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Lincoln LS - Consumer Reviews

2005 Lincoln LS

View reviews for a specific LS model:

2005 LS V6
By 2005ls1

2005 Lincoln LS Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I'm the not so proud owner of a '05 LS V6.
This car has been a royal pain since I bought it. It's got 130K kms on it now.
I can't keep coils or catalytic converters on it to save my a_ _.
I contacted Ford 3 times and all I got was lip service from there complaint desk.
I've been stranded so many times and spent so much money on this piece of garbage in repairs it's ridiculous.
I was planning on buying a MKS but after all this pain it's not going to happen.

Absolutely nothing!!!!

Don't buy a Lincoln.

LEMON!
By buffmatt12

2005 Lincoln LS Ultimate 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

This car is a problem machine! I bought my 2005 lincoln ls ultimate v8 a few years ago with 22k on it. I loved it for about a week because it looks nice,drives nice, and has every option you could ever want. As soon at the warrenty was at 50k the nightmare began! rear control arm went rims need to be replaced,air conditioning broke,colling system went, 3 wheel bearings,more cracks in the cooling system,7 coil packs, power window broke, electric parking brake switch went,advanced track needed service , leaking rear differential,driver seat moter, and now the power steering is acting up. all dealer repairs coasting over $6K .This really is the car from hell! DONT BUY!!!!!!

heated/cooled seats,backup sensors,

Overall quallity of the car is very poor

'05 LS Sport
By joe329

2005 Lincoln LS Sport 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I just bought this recently and so far, so far good.
It's not great in Winter conditions (It's rear wheel drive, what do you expect), gas mileage is on par around 20-21 mpg, good power, very comfortable, and is overall a good looking car.
I've read up on these cars for a few years trying to learn about its problems, its Pros and Cons, and decided its worth the money if you take care of it just like any other car.
My only gripe is you SHOULD feed it premium.
I don't care what websites say that you can run 87 in it...In the end, it will just slow ly kill it.
Gas is going up again, but I knew this when I bought it and will be willing to make sure it gets what is needed.

Performance, creature comforts

"Warning" Prospective Lincoln Owner
By Rosie

2005 Lincoln LS Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased a Lincoln new. 3 months after the manufacturer's warranty expired and only 46,500 miles driven, I started experiencing problems; first the ignition coils($600 aftermarket), the air conditioner($400), parking brakes, brake rotors, pvc tube, etc. I wrote Ford-Lincoln numerous times, but they have refused to take responsibility. Don't be deceived, after more research, Others have experienced the same problems. These are common problems with the Lincoln models, I don't understand why there have not been a recall?

4 wheel perfection
By Bilbo

2005 Lincoln LS Sport 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Amazingly smooth, faster than the CTS I drove, better materials than the Mercedes 430S, better road tests/handling than a 540i and a LOT more reliable than my neighbors Lexus. (ZERO repairs in 100K miles and just did my first tune up and sealed coolant change as designed) AND for $36K off the lot! What an amazing car! (At track days we hit 139 mph on the 17 inch Michelins - do not tell me insurance agent plz!) and other than adding an upgraded ceramic brake pad the car performs like the Jaguar S type (engine/trans and chassis/brakes are the same) but is a sleeper in subtle but classy style. Beat Lexus for JD Powers delivery awards in 2005. PLEASE keep building them like this!

Smooth linear acceleration from any speed, Jaquar chassis corner and is like silk on rough roads, averaged 25.5 mpg hwy over 100K miles in 3 1/2 years of hard constant driving.

A bit more bucket to the seat bolsters but the leather is the best I've ever owned (Mercedes and Lexus didn't have it this nice!) and a slghtly bigger gas tank would mean fewer stops cuz we just love driving this thing!